Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2021, 10:20 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
How does that change the facts I gave you? You asked the specific question on when consciousness begins. Medically speaking, cognition forms around 24-28 weeks into gestation. That's not debatable, that's a fact. When we're debating when a fetus becomes a human, it's when (medically speaking) the fetus has cognition. If a fetus was removed from a mother prior to consciousness, and survived, great! That's not what we're discussing though.
You said prior to weeks 24 - 28 it’s just a “clump of cells”...yet babies are born before or within that time frame that are babies, not “clumps of cells.”

Old 12-03-2021, 10:44 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,249,675 times
Quote:
Cognitive brain function begins in a fetus around week 24-28 of gestation, so that's when a fetus becomes a human. Prior to that, it's just a clump of cells, not a human. It's logical to want to ban abortion after that point.
I am the father of two premature children.

As usual, you are wrong.

What I'd like to say to you I will keep to myself.

Old 12-03-2021, 10:45 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,919,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Cool story brah. Totally invented and unscientific but thanks for sharing. Can we abort all the adult libs who still haven’t developed “cognitive brain function”?
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ousness-arise/

If you have medical or scientific data to suggest cognition begins earlier than I stated, I'd be interested in reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
You said prior to weeks 24 - 28 it’s just a “clump of cells”...yet babies are born before or within that time frame that are babies, not “clumps of cells.”
Just because a baby is removed from a mother and kept alive with our modern technology does not mean there is cognition or consciousness, which is the topic I was responding to.

Old 12-03-2021, 11:02 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:

Just because a baby is removed from a mother and kept alive with our modern technology does not mean there is cognition or consciousness, which is the topic I was responding to.
Why do you keep saying “removed from the mother” like the baby was harvested? Babies are “born”, mothers “give birth”, etc.

We were also discussing souls. When do you suppose a baby gets it soul? Can science tell us that? Can you definitely say?

Old 12-03-2021, 11:07 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,919,501 times
Quote:
Why do you keep saying “removed from the mother” like the baby was harvested? Babies are “born”, mothers “give birth”, etc.

We were also discussing souls. When do you suppose a baby gets it soul? Can science tell us that? Can you definitely say?
What do you mean by a soul? That answer varies wildly depending on a person's beliefs/religion/etc. Tell me what you mean by a 'soul' and I can respond.

Old 12-03-2021, 11:11 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
No. Why do you think they look so pleasant?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Good god. Please refrain from posting so close to dinner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Those two are the utter opposite of the words "Joy" and "Whoopi".

Sorry (not sorry) they don't measure up to your standards of how a woman should look.

I'd also be ugly by your standards. Am I worthless as well?

Old 12-03-2021, 11:13 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
How dare women talk about it too,.

Old 12-03-2021, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Ha! So now the left wants medical decisions to be made by an individual and their doctor?? Not the government? Not the employer? Hmm. What a concept. Is this the same left that is in favor of coerced Covid vaccinations? Abortion rights are about to be severely curtailed, and it couldn't happen to a better group of hypocrites. They don't seem particularly concerned that people around the world are forced to get mRNA injections. Some are cheering it on. So, cry me a river about 'forced births.'

No. We don't have a hive mind. We aren't all in favor of coerced anything. But I'm sure you'll ignore this. Or come back with some bullsh like "I didn't say all"

Old 12-03-2021, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
As the Brits say - "Well spotted!"

The hypocrisy is astounding, is it not?

Keep telling yourself that, love.

Old 12-03-2021, 11:19 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Sure, their bodies. However, there is another body involved. It’s absolutely disgusting to refer to a baby in its mother’s womb as a parasite.

I also take it you are against vaccine mandates?

We are talking about a situation in which an unwilling partner, the fetus/baby, is made biologically dependent on another individual for several months due solely to the decisions of the parents.

Because the fetus/baby finds itself in the biologically dependent situation it never agreed to be put in, the pro-abortion people claim it's OK to kill the fetus/baby because it's in the biologically dependent condition that it never agreed to be put in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies