Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2021, 10:45 PM

35,083 posts, read 31,331,023 times

Advertisements

I'm fine with the injustices of the injustices of the past being taught and explained within the context of those times. What I don't approve of is the fetish of white guilt put forth by certain groups when no one alive had a hand in those injustices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2021, 07:03 AM

10,874 posts, read 4,551,006 times
just 2 quick observations....

You can google the 'racial makeup' of the US pretty quickly. At least in terms of people that almost fully identify as one race or another.... We just had a census so unless everyone lied, we got pretty good data. Those who identify as black are 12.4% of the US population. Hispanic is half larger, asian is half smaller, yet the CRT nonsense flies out the window and if we recall, chinese were held as slaves in america and the railroads used the pinkertons to shoot them...for sport mostly.

Second, this thread has blown up quickly to 19/20 pages.

In those 20 pages has anyone qualified to answer the OP, actually done so, i.e. has anyone with school age children (i.e. actually in a school) came out in support of a CRT based narrative? I see lots of people supporting it, but with no school age children. lots of word hash, lots of deniers...but has anyone answered the OP? If I missed a post, please link me to it. I dont have the time that others do, to do a full read in a short time at present.

This last point is important to consider, if you are actually interested in how parents react. VA, I pick on because it was very public, very well researched and very well published...a plus 10 biden state, tossed out anyone who has CRT anywhere near their name. Meaning, those with actual children in actual schools did not accept this. VA became the role model case because the VA DOE had the requirements on their website for all to see, even 10 days after the election (last time I looked)

In my own district 4 board members would not disavow further CRT action if Wolf installed it (optional in PA at the moment) if and when Fetterman wins election in 2022, so the Trump +4 district swung hard hard right to anti-CRT +33 and replaced the entire school board. (meaning almost every parent voted this way) With noobs. The takeaway from all this is clearly, regardless of whose flag flew in your yard 2016/2020, when they have kids the usual BS stops. This is not a GOP vs DNC or black vs white issue. Its have and educate kids vs not have and educate issue. Ignore at your peril

Old 12-14-2021, 07:50 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
just 2 quick observations....

You can google the 'racial makeup' of the US pretty quickly. At least in terms of people that almost fully identify as one race or another.... We just had a census so unless everyone lied, we got pretty good data. Those who identify as black are 12.4% of the US population. Hispanic is half larger, asian is half smaller, yet the CRT nonsense flies out the window and if we recall, chinese were held as slaves in america and the railroads used the pinkertons to shoot them...for sport mostly.

Second, this thread has blown up quickly to 19/20 pages.

In those 20 pages has anyone qualified to answer the OP, actually done so, i.e. has anyone with school age children (i.e. actually in a school) came out in support of a CRT based narrative? I see lots of people supporting it, but with no school age children. lots of word hash, lots of deniers...but has anyone answered the OP? If I missed a post, please link me to it. I dont have the time that others do, to do a full read in a short time at present.

This last point is important to consider, if you are actually interested in how parents react. VA, I pick on because it was very public, very well researched and very well published...a plus 10 biden state, tossed out anyone who has CRT anywhere near their name. Meaning, those with actual children in actual schools did not accept this. VA became the role model case because the VA DOE had the requirements on their website for all to see, even 10 days after the election (last time I looked)

In my own district 4 board members would not disavow further CRT action if Wolf installed it (optional in PA at the moment) if and when Fetterman wins election in 2022, so the Trump +4 district swung hard hard right to anti-CRT +33 and replaced the entire school board. (meaning almost every parent voted this way) With noobs. The takeaway from all this is clearly, regardless of whose flag flew in your yard 2016/2020, when they have kids the usual BS stops. This is not a GOP vs DNC or black vs white issue. Its have and educate kids vs not have and educate issue. Ignore at your peril
I posted about that. Gave specific examples.

No one was interested.

Because a vast majority of posters keep claiming it's not happening.

Hint: If it weren't happening, no one would be talking about it.

Old 12-14-2021, 10:59 AM

10,874 posts, read 4,551,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianVanAmstel View Post
The segregationists really never went away, same political party.

Families of Color Playground Night
Wednesday, December 8⋅6:10 – 7:45pm
Monthly on the second Wednesday, 3 times
The Families of Color Playground Night will be Oct 13th, right after school until 5:45, on the WEST playground. It will continue to be the 2nd Wed. of the month (Nov 10, Dec 8), at school, outside, as long as weather permits. At that point it will be virtual, and probably later in the evening.
https://centennial.dpsk12.org/family...rces/calendar/

last year, end of school year....various districts around the country (blue locations - do I need to point that out?) were advertising 'separate but equal' (I kid you not) proms and graduation ceremonies. To create a non threatening environment.

So if we step back for a moment, they have talked blacks back into 'separate but equal' accommodations to where it is not only accepted, it is asked for - nullifying the 1964 legislation.

Gotta admire the salesmanship.

Note: not for asian or hispanic kids, just black.

So taking this, the ever growing presence of PP in black neighborhoods and so forth, exactly what part of the antebellum south has actually went away? if anything it grew to nationwide.

Anyone ever read Candace Owens? (yeah the 'white supremacist') Dead on balls on point.

Old 12-14-2021, 03:30 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianVanAmstel View Post
The segregationists really never went away, same political party.

Families of Color Playground Night
Wednesday, December 8⋅6:10 – 7:45pm
Monthly on the second Wednesday, 3 times
The Families of Color Playground Night will be Oct 13th, right after school until 5:45, on the WEST playground. It will continue to be the 2nd Wed. of the month (Nov 10, Dec 8), at school, outside, as long as weather permits. At that point it will be virtual, and probably later in the evening.
https://centennial.dpsk12.org/family...rces/calendar/
When violence breaks out, who will they blame?

Old 12-14-2021, 04:37 PM

6,671 posts, read 2,979,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
When violence breaks out, who will they blame?
Dude.,.they are probably under 10 years old there,..lol.

How much violence can they get into?

Unless parents start throwing down,...

Old 12-15-2021, 05:28 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Teachers only answer to their unions. They don't answer to you. If a teacher has enough of you, they refer you to admin. No teacher has to deal with a parent.

Tax payers pay their salaries. Not parents.

So nothing I stated is incorrect. You're free to take your kid out of the system if you don't approve.
And that, right there, is the true evil of public sector unions.

Old 12-15-2021, 06:01 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Dude.,.they are probably under 10 years old there,..lol.

How much violence can they get into?

Unless parents start throwing down,...
What happens when someone who is not aware of this brings their kids to the playground?

Will they be told to leave since they are not the "right color"?

Old 12-15-2021, 06:13 AM

3,339 posts, read 2,142,463 times
On the most basic level, the following illustrates the difference between what reasonable people (regardless of political affiliation) tend to find broadly acceptable, versus what the unyielding activist class wants to instantiate in hegemonic fashion. If 6 minutes is too long, skip to 5:37 and hit pause for a simple chart that summarizes the content of the video.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:38 AM

35,082 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I'm fine with the injustices of the injustices of the past being taught and explained within the context of those times. What I don't approve of is the fetish of white guilt put forth by certain groups when no one alive had a hand in those injustices.
That's exactly how I feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies