Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2021, 11:15 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,387,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I don't even know what CRT really is
You should watch the video posted on page 1. It was interesting and laid out the principle theories of CRT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2021, 11:29 AM

1,250 posts, read 679,947 times
To answer the OP: To teach actual history.

Old 12-12-2021, 11:52 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
So, let's invoke the over rated word "equity" to close statistics by lowering standards so we are all mediocre.

Yeah...that'll work.
Harrison Bergeron

Old 12-12-2021, 11:56 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
What I cannot fathom is that we had a war that freed those slaves 156 years ago.

And yet young Black kids are being brainwashed to think they are still "slaves" today and the White man is keeping them down.

That is brainwashing plain and simple. Everything today is seen from a political and racial bias. Why ?
I mean, you assumed this argument, while not being able to have an honest conversation.

racism still exists and simply teaching kids how it exist in the legal system shouldnt be seen as brainwashing. No one pretends crack vs powered cocaine discrepancies arent racial , why do we have to pretend school zoning is ???

Quote:
A professor at Fordham University got fired today because he mixed up the names of two Black students and said the wrong name. How many students do professors have in the course of a semester ? Quite common that professors don't even know your name. But because these students were Black the professor got fired.

Those 2 Black students felt "disrespected" because they were Black so the professor got fired.
So mixing up names is now racist in nature ?
Event happened in September, he was fired in October.

He wasnt fired for mixing up the names, he was fired based on the little we know, for a weird rant he made in the email that no one asked him to write.

and to answer your question, 14 students were in his class

The kids also werent offended or even disrespected, in fact, all 3 articles I have read(including the NY Post) specifically say that.

This was a perfect opportunity for someone like you to blame white liberals for overreacting, but instead, you blamed the black kids who actually didnt care. Thats weird.

Old 12-12-2021, 12:03 PM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I mean, you assumed this argument, while not being able to have an honest conversation.

racism still exists and simply teaching kids how it exist in the legal system shouldnt be seen as brainwashing. No one pretends crack vs powered cocaine discrepancies arent racial , why do we have to pretend school zoning is ???

Event happened in September, he was fired in October.

He wasnt fired for mixing up the names, he was fired based on the little we know, for a weird rant he made in the email that no one asked him to write.

and to answer your question, 14 students were in his class

The kids also werent offended or even disrespected, in fact, all 3 articles I have read(including the NY Post) specifically say that.

This was a perfect opportunity for someone like you to blame white liberals for overreacting, but instead, you blamed the black kids who actually didnt care. Thats weird.
There we go. I don't agree with you so I'm not being honest.
That's exactly how people SHUT DOWN conversations and debates. When others don't agree with you then you don't want to hear it.

What..you only want an echo chamber ?

Old 12-12-2021, 12:07 PM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Blacks still recovering from the Civil War so everyone has to bend over backwards and treat them with kid gloves ?

The Japanese were physically locked up in camps, their homes and businesses taken away a mere 80 years ago and that is all but forgotten and the Japanese aren't crying about it. They put their lives back together.

But Blacks...156 years and they are still crying about being "slaves".

Old 12-12-2021, 12:19 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
Quote:
Blacks still recovering from the Civil War so everyone has to bend over backwards and treat them with kid gloves ?

The Japanese were physically locked up in camps, their homes and businesses taken away a mere 80 years ago and that is all but forgotten and the Japanese aren't crying about it. They put their lives back together.

They don't seem to realize that makes them look incompetent and incapable of taking care of themselves. Those people need therapy because there are plenty of other blacks who are doing just fine.

In fact, that just reminded me that I recently heard a middle aged black man yelling at a younger black man, begging on the street.

"My mother was a prostitute. I don't know who my father was. So don't give me that bulls**t! Get off your ass and work like I did! I own a house because I didn't **** my money away!" Expletives followed.

Old 12-12-2021, 12:24 PM

Quote:
There we go. I don't agree with you so I'm not being honest.
That's exactly how people SHUT DOWN conversations and debates. When others don't agree with you then you don't want to hear it.
You have a right to believe that.

I believe on the other hand, that you are smarter than that post, and are purposefully arguing from an obscure over exaggeration for the purpose of doing exactly what you said, shutting down a conversation.

Quote:
What..you only want an echo chamber ?
I want real conversations, not over exaggerations.

Old 12-12-2021, 12:27 PM

Quote:

Anyone who was in an internment camp was given 44,000 dollars. And anyone the government couldnt find or forgot to pay, their descendants were given that plus interests.

Thanks for advocating giving black people reparation.

Old 12-12-2021, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
They don't seem to realize that makes them look incompetent and incapable of taking care of themselves. Those people need therapy because there are plenty of other blacks who are doing just fine.

In fact, that just reminded me that I recently heard a middle aged black man yelling at a younger black man, begging on the street.

"My mother was a prostitute. I don't know who my father was. So don't give me that bulls**t! Get off your ass and work like I did! I own a house because I didn't **** my money away!" Expletives followed.
So you yell at random people on the street ...or support it ? Why ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies