Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2021, 12:47 PM

43,137 posts, read 18,298,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I mean, you assumed this argument, while not being able to have an honest conversation.

racism still exists and simply teaching kids how it exist in the legal system shouldnt be seen as brainwashing. No one pretends crack vs powered cocaine discrepancies arent racial , why do we have to pretend school zoning is ???

Event happened in September, he was fired in October.

He wasnt fired for mixing up the names, he was fired based on the little we know, for a weird rant he made in the email that no one asked him to write.

and to answer your question, 14 students were in his class

The kids also werent offended or even disrespected, in fact, all 3 articles I have read(including the NY Post) specifically say that.

This was a perfect opportunity for someone like you to blame white liberals for overreacting, but instead, you blamed the black kids who actually didnt care. Thats weird.
Well here's a 4th one for you :

https://fordhamobserver.com/66231/ne...ish-professor/
The two students whose names were mixed up sent Trogan an email after class expressing that they felt disheartened and disrespected, and believed the mistake occurred because they were both Black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2021, 01:05 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well here's a 4th one for you :

https://fordhamobserver.com/66231/ne...ish-professor/
The two students whose names were mixed up sent Trogan an email after class expressing that they felt disheartened and disrespected, and believed the mistake occurred because they were both Black.
Idk why you posted this. It actually makes Trogan look worse as it shows it was an ongoing situation and not just a 1 time incident. It makes his response email look even worse.

Old 12-12-2021, 01:08 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
This forum is not a repository for you to solely rely upon. There are diverse experience and viewpoints based upon those experience. As far as I am concerned, I have the book 'Critical Race Theory' and assorted other books from Kendi and DiAngelo in my home library, and I despise what these people teaches. They use the cover of history to teach their hate.
What is it that you call "Critical Race Theory" or "CRT"? Is it real or is it the Meyes Comission "I know it (CRT) when I see it?" I want to clearly know what it is. You aren't doing it and others have used talking points. I want a no-spin definition. Is that too much to ask?

Quote:
I did not discount you. But if you feel offended, take your offense public and challenge the parents on what they found. Keep in mind that many of them are equally educated as you are and possibly are educators as well.
The problem is parents who are complaining aren't fully clear on what it is that is "CRT." They seemingly are doing the "I know it, when I see it." The problem is as a school employee, for me to publicly ask and challenge it, I put myself at risk of losing my job as my employer is "at-will." As I will get into, this worry is real.

Quote:
Then let the local authorities handle that. Why involved the federal government? No one in the federal government were misled. That was intentional.
AFAIK they have and the problem is so pervasive it is requiring some help from the FBI. However your biased sources in the media are not telling you that there have been many threats against teachers and administration. Some have been doxed (which I nearly was on here by a poster breaking the TOS and puts me at risk of potentially being fired.) Some have been threatened with citizen's arrest. Some have been outright assaulted. I have heard that crap from a local conservative blowhard off and on, as I cannot listen to his drivetime news show anymore (thank God) and other conservatives, but they ignore that the parents are taking it too far.
https://www.kcra.com/article/sutter-...ndent/37295267
https://www.bu.edu/articles/2021/ant...chool-leaders/
https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-m...school-teacher
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...rincipal-covid
https://www.dailyadvent.com/news/2e7...-Middle-School

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
I am against Critical Race Theory. I hope more teachers take your position. I want parents taking control of their children. It will make the collapse of the current American public education much more enjoyable watching.
I cannot in good conscience continue to talk this out with you. You clearly don't like public education and are using CRT as your excuse against it. I thought you maybe open-minded like I am trying to be, but you have shown that you cannot by wanting the public education system to collapse and worse, enjoy watching it.

Last edited by mkpunk; 12-12-2021 at 01:23 PM..

Old 12-12-2021, 01:10 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,451,436 times
When black folks get all the way through high school and maybe even college without being able to read, then they need to blame some external obstacle rather than individual effort and the culture surrounding that individual. CRT is that scapegoat. They need some BS theory to explain what the thousands of data points already clearly show and that is a culture toxic to learning produces morons.

And that is not just a black thing. It goes for white folks whose toxic culture produces toothless meth heads who are prone to end up either in jail or as a burden to society.

You don't see that too much in Asian cultures. They tend to value honor and education and their elevated stations in business and society reflect that culture.

Old 12-12-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
When black folks get all the way through high school and maybe even college without being able to read, then they need to blame some external obstacle rather than individual effort and the culture surrounding that individual. CRT is that scapegoat. They need some BS theory to explain what the thousands of data points already clearly show and that is a culture toxic to learning produces morons.

And that is not just a black thing. It goes for white folks whose toxic culture produces toothless meth heads who are prone to end up either in jail or as a burden to society.

You don't see that too much in Asian cultures. They tend to value honor and education and their elevated stations in business and society reflect that culture.
So businesses do not have a hiring manager that may want a white man who he "understands better" than a black man who scored the same? So there aren't places that are more affluent and have less blacks because they cannot afford it and call the cops the minute one of them are in town? (Mind you, I've heard the inverse about a particular town on Long Island.) So there isn't a propensity for black areas to be where crack dealers hang out?

Now I agree, that whites especially low-income are no different. It happens not just with the meth-heads but also with alcoholics. And Lord knows, there are far more alcoholics than meth-heads. The alcoholics are only in legal trouble if they get a DUI as oppose to meth which is an illegal substance. The issue is it is widely known that more blacks are likely to be lower income than whites are as a percent of the population. I've linked that several times in a video that shows the wealth gap and socio-economic inequality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2XFh_tD2RA

Old 12-12-2021, 01:44 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
So businesses do not have a hiring manager that may want a white man who he "understands better" than a black man who scored the same? So there aren't places that are more affluent and have less blacks because they cannot afford it and call the cops the minute one of them are in town? (Mind you, I've heard the inverse about a particular town on Long Island.) So there isn't a propensity for black areas to be where crack dealers hang out?

Now I agree, that whites especially low-income are no different. It happens not just with the meth-heads but also with alcoholics. And Lord knows, there are far more alcoholics than meth-heads. The alcoholics are only in legal trouble if they get a DUI as oppose to meth which is an illegal substance. The issue is it is widely known that more blacks are likely to be lower income than whites are as a percent of the population. I've linked that several times in a video that shows the wealth gap and socio-economic inequality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2XFh_tD2RA
Quote:
Now I agree, that whites especially low-income are no different.
That makes the successes in education and thereafter, not a race issue, but a class issue. With the exception to the class rule, being that of the 'person' against all odds succeeds at great lengths and has the story to tell about it.

What are public educators doing when they put into kids head things to be self-conscious over? Certainly not teaching skills to succeed, that's for sure. But then my money is still on the kids who are resilient are often understand grown-up BS when they hear it.

Old 12-12-2021, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
That makes the successes in education and thereafter, not a race issue, but a class issue. With the exception to the class rule, being that of the 'person' against all odds succeeds at great lengths and has the story to tell about it.

What are public educators doing when they put into kids head things to be self-conscious over? Certainly not teaching skills to succeed, that's for sure. But then my money is still on the kids who are resilient are often understand grown-up BS when they hear it.
Eh, no. There is a lot that is socio-economic but it is shown that whites who are born in the lowest quintile can rise up at about a 4 out of 5 chance with a near even distribution, while statistically African-Americans only have a 2 out of 5 chance with most staying in the lowest or crossing into the second-lowest.

The fact is, I think many who are alcoholic, baseheads, meth-heads, etc. are typically traumatized especially as a kid. Maybe their parents used. Maybe their parent abused the other and the child. Maybe a parent was incarcerated. There are a lot of possibilities but traumatized children often are less resilient sadly. The more traumatized a child is, the less resilient they will be. If a traumatized child is born poor, they will likely stay poor, even if they try their hardest to not do drugs or stay out of legal trouble.

So I do agree that lower-income lowest quintile people have the hardest chance of moving up, but there is a racial component to it. Why that is whether it is trauma, a single parent or outright racism, is beyond me.

Old 12-12-2021, 02:06 PM

1,878 posts, read 651,575 times
Quote:
The problem is parents who are complaining aren't fully clear on what it is that is "CRT." They seemingly are doing the "I know it, when I see it." The problem is as a school employee, for me to publicly ask and challenge it, I put myself at risk of losing my job as my employer is "at-will." As I will get into, this worry is real.
Your job maybe at risk? For the parents, they worry about their children's minds. Sorry, but I side with the parents on this one.

Quote:
I cannot in good conscience continue to talk this out with you. You clearly don't like public education and are using CRT as your excuse against it. I thought you maybe open-minded like I am trying to be, but you have shown that you cannot by wanting the public education system to collapse and worse, enjoy watching it.
When I came to the US, I learned conversational English in less than one yr, and I had to do it in Hawaii at the time when the state's education system was among the worst/lowest in the country. And never really improved.

https://pen4rent.com/portfolio/why-d...en-rank-no-50/
In the 50th state, sadly, we have become accustomed to ranking at or near No. 50.
You think I learned passable English and about the US as a new home because I was close minded? Over time, one has to come to a conclusion, no matter how intellectually generous one maybe. Today, activist teachers do not just teach but willfully indoctrinate, an education system well known to those who fled communism. If you think that I indirectly accused the American public education system as filled with communists, you are correct. I did and will do it again. And again, if necessary. I do not need CRT to view the American public education system in a negative light, and saying 'negative light' is being kind.

Old 12-12-2021, 02:47 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Harrison Bergeron
Thanks. I keep posting that and no one else listens.

Old 12-12-2021, 03:05 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
There is no CRT being taught. History is being taught. You can't sugarcoat history as much want to do.
But that a big part of CRT and wokeness. Twisting history by doing things like taking down confederate statues and doing away with historical figures that don’t fit their agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies