Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2021, 10:21 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
really? where?

I make this statement unequivocally: If you were in the american public school system after 1993, you are ignorant. dangerously ignorant. I have yet to meet anyone that even knows the basics for this country, let alone major issues and changes of the last 250 ish years.

All I get is this revisionist gibberish.
I went to catholic schools, never a public school. I am not ignorant of history though. Perhaps you should have a conservation with my son who majored in history. He could tell you everything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2021, 10:41 PM

1,879 posts, read 651,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It still to me sounds like a moral panic similar to the second post you linked as for why CRT may have entered the curriculums (mind you, there is no proof it has, just speculation.)
This forum is not a repository for you to solely rely upon. There are diverse experience and viewpoints based upon those experience. As far as I am concerned, I have the book 'Critical Race Theory' and assorted other books from Kendi and DiAngelo in my home library, and I despise what these people teaches. They use the cover of history to teach their hate.

Quote:
You tell me to not discount anecdotes from parents, yet you discount mine as an educator. Do you not realize the irony here?
I did not discount you. But if you feel offended, take your offense public and challenge the parents on what they found. Keep in mind that many of them are equally educated as you are and possibly are educators as well.

Quote:
As for calling anyone against education domestic terrorists, that is a bit of a misguided statement. Yes, there have been instances where parents did get accused of terrorism, but these parents DID make threats against teachers and administration.
Then let the local authorities handle that. Why involved the federal government? No one in the federal government were misled. That was intentional.

Old 12-11-2021, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your post insinuates that racism doesnt start until someone turns 18. At best, your argument should be, wait till they are in college so they can better understand the concept, but even that is flawed and a lie to be honest.

Also, there is a difference between pretending something doesnt exist and challenging when and where something is apart of the context a al; de jure vs de facto, or cultural(over time) vs social.
Who pretends that racism, slavery, and bigotry does not exist in the US? You misunderstood my post.

The point of my post is that no idea or fact should be immune from being challenged. Not even the laws of physics should be protected. If someone want to challenge the fact that slavery was a part of US history, let them challenge. That part of history is strong enough to stand by itself. Same with the laws of physics.

But children's minds are a different matter. Sociologically complex issues like racism are fraught with emotional and psychological landmines, and when these complex issues are reduced to something simple like 'White = Oppressor', what is that young mind supposed to think?

And I am not White. Am an emigre from Asia and we got some serious racists over there.

Old 12-11-2021, 11:41 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
when these complex issues are reduced to something simple like 'White = Oppressor', what is that young mind supposed to think?
Except no one is doing that.

Old 12-12-2021, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Except no one is doing that.
Then you have dismissed those parents' anecdotal experiences.

Old 12-12-2021, 02:24 AM

4,507 posts, read 4,047,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
CRT is a decades old academic concept. The core idea is that race is a social construct, and that racism is not just a product of individual bias/prejudice, but can be something embedded in legal systems and policies. Why would anyone not want that to be something we explore from an academic perspective?

90% of people who are anti-CRT have no clue what it is beyond misinformation fed by certain media outlets.
Race is literally a genetic construct. If it was anything else, we'd make a different word for it. I dunno culture?

This is like all the other upside down talk like boys are girls, war is peace freedom is slavery ignorance is strength etc. Double think world communism ****.

What you're asking us to "explore" is double think. The vessel for 1984 communism.

Old 12-12-2021, 02:46 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
Then you have dismissed those parents' anecdotal experiences.
Im not dismissing it, im denying it ever happened in the first place.

You cant talk about slavery without mentioning race, and im guessing some random parent equated that to hating white people or something.

Thats a mental exaggeration on their part, not someone actually saying "white = oppressor"

Old 12-12-2021, 03:00 AM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
CRT is a decades old academic concept. The core idea is that race is a social construct
Yet I can't self-identify as a rich oil Arab or Japanese royalty? Give me a break. Race is not a social construct until I can self-identify by whatever race I want just like liberals believe in 100 genders.

Old 12-12-2021, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Im not dismissing it, im denying it ever happened in the first place.
I am against Critical Race Theory. I hope more teachers take your position. I want parents taking control of their children. It will make the collapse of the current American public education much more enjoyable watching.

Old 12-12-2021, 03:09 AM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Race is literally a genetic construct.
Correct, white liberals have been very clear that blacks are not to self-identify as white, lest they be considered mentally ill, yet men can self-identify as 20 different genders and sexual orientations.

White liberals draw a hard line in the sand when you try to actually become one of them. But pretending to be 20 different genders is on the table.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies