Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 05:11 PM

19,041 posts, read 27,607,234 times

Advertisements

Our beloved governor budgeted eight million dollars to remove illegals from Florida.
He jokingly said that, if he moves them to Delaware, boarder will be closed next day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2021, 05:16 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
The Governor of Florida came up with a Brilliant plan. I hope others follow it.
The more I read about him, the better I like him.

Old 12-10-2021, 05:21 PM

1,348 posts, read 474,417 times
Forgive my unawareness but where are they being relocated to? Ideally they would be repatriated to their countries of origin but I don't think DeSantis has the authority to carry out such an initiative. Relocating them to uninhabited territorial islands in the Pacific could make for an effective strategy but the facilities and logistics of supporting a population there is out of the purview of a state governor too, yes?

Old 12-10-2021, 05:22 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
So he's budgeting 8 million bucks, but it's really just a joke? 8 million bucks for a grin?

oxnews.com/politics/desantis-budget-plan-8-million-remove-illegal-immigrants-florida

Old 12-10-2021, 05:26 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times
The more I hear from DeSantis, the more I like him.

Old 12-10-2021, 05:28 PM

18,458 posts, read 8,282,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
so, last week's topic. thanks
google news says it was 2 hours ago > https://www.foxnews.com/politics/des...grants-florida

Old 12-10-2021, 05:34 PM

18,458 posts, read 8,282,661 times
Ron DeSantis Announces 6 Proposals to Crack Down on Corporations, Left-Wing NGOs Aiding Illegal Immigration

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) announced six legislative proposals, with hopes to pass them into law through the legislature, that would drastically crackdown on corporations and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) who facilitate illegal immigration to the state.

During a press conference on Friday morning, DeSantis announced a series of legislative actions to reduce illegal immigration across the state. The six proposals would:

1. Ban state and local agencies from doing business with or providing benefits to any private-sector business or NGO that helps facilitate illegal immigration to Florida.

2. Ban state agencies from renewing state contracts with transportation companies, such as airlines and bus services, that facilitate illegal immigration to Florida.

3. Require private-sector businesses and NGOs, who facilitate illegal immigration to Florida, to provide compensation to the state of Florida to cover all costs that fall on taxpayers.

4. Mandate county and local jails, as well as courts, to collect immigration status data at the time of a suspect’s arrest and conviction. The information would be reported to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

5. Ban Florida officials from providing any discretionary benefits to illegal aliens while state agencies and hospitals will be required to annually report taxpayer-funded expenses for illegal aliens.

6. Add the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity as an enforcer of E-Verify.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...l-immigration/

Old 12-10-2021, 05:46 PM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Do state contracts specify only American citizens can work?

Old 12-10-2021, 05:52 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Ron DeSantis Announces 6 Proposals to Crack Down on Corporations, Left-Wing NGOs Aiding Illegal Immigration

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) announced six legislative proposals, with hopes to pass them into law through the legislature, that would drastically crackdown on corporations and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) who facilitate illegal immigration to the state.

During a press conference on Friday morning, DeSantis announced a series of legislative actions to reduce illegal immigration across the state. The six proposals would:

1. Ban state and local agencies from doing business with or providing benefits to any private-sector business or NGO that helps facilitate illegal immigration to Florida.

2. Ban state agencies from renewing state contracts with transportation companies, such as airlines and bus services, that facilitate illegal immigration to Florida.

3. Require private-sector businesses and NGOs, who facilitate illegal immigration to Florida, to provide compensation to the state of Florida to cover all costs that fall on taxpayers.

4. Mandate county and local jails, as well as courts, to collect immigration status data at the time of a suspect’s arrest and conviction. The information would be reported to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

5. Ban Florida officials from providing any discretionary benefits to illegal aliens while state agencies and hospitals will be required to annually report taxpayer-funded expenses for illegal aliens.

6. Add the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity as an enforcer of E-Verify.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...l-immigration/
Fantastic. I love Governor DeSantis.

Old 12-10-2021, 06:17 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Love DeSantis!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies