Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2021, 02:41 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Just saw this posted in the CT forum regarding a CT state college. Remember, they all have to be up to date with boosters as well.

All students have to take a PCR test 3-7 days before January 18 and get a negative result. They will be given a specific one hour window to return that day in which during that hour they go present their test to security, then take ANOTHER PCR test at the school before going to their dorm where they will get a special wristband they have to wear for three days (he thinks for those 3 days they are going to have to stay in their dorms and have remote classes but he's not sure, I think the wristband means they DON'T have to do that because they turned in a recent negative test).

WTF???

When will parents and kids SAY NO?

This would not fly in FL. No way.
WTAF?!! Parents are paying money for their kid to be treated like animals, and at least half of them are saying thank you and asking for more, while another large percentage are all 'go along to get along'. Sick. I think a gap year might be in our future if this doesn't end before next September.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2021, 02:41 PM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Are you aware the only way back to normal life is for a less lethal, but more contagious variant to infect everyone?

Welcome Omicron. Viruses variant themselves into less lethal nuisances, like the flu. Why not let it do what it needs to do to get us there?

Are you aware we will never be Covid free? Why is that your goal? It's unattainable.

Are you aware people will always die from Covid and the Flu? Why do you think we can get to zero deaths?

Are you aware Omicron is no more deadly than the flu? Why don't you want testing done for the Flu? It kills people too.
Because people have been convinced that big pharma is the answer to all diseases.
The US is the #1 country for prescription drug use. Americans love their drugs.

Old 12-19-2021, 02:46 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Quote:
Define unvaccinated

1 shot
2 shots
3 shots
4 shots
0 shots
Unknown
Can't get vaccinated due to age or medical issues

Please let me know the current definition.

Asking for a friend.
From the NYC website linked in the tweet:

"This table shows the totals and average weekly rates of cases, hospitalizations and deaths since January 17, 2021, when the first New Yorkers were fully vaccinated."

Then elsewhere on that website (the Vaccines tab at the top of the page):
Quote:
Vaccination Status: A person is considered fully vaccinated if they have received either both doses of the Pfizer or Moderna primary vaccine series or the one dose of the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen primary vaccine series. People with at least one dose includes those who have received either the first dose of the Pfizer or Moderna primary vaccine series or the one dose of the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen primary vaccine series.
So it looks like they're considering fully vaccinated to mean "vaccinated" on the chart.

Old 12-19-2021, 06:44 PM

67 posts, read 107,893 times
Quote:
Yes. Yes, it does. What about this do you not understand?

How many positive cases end up in the hospital? HOW MANY? Do you know?

Where is the overwhelming surge of hospitalized patients? Apparently some hospitals are "surprised" and "overwhelmed" DESPITE the constant PRATTLING on and on and on about case numbers.

Quire frankly, how the flippedy flip could a hospital claim with a straight face to be overwhelmed by COVID cases?

It shows they are CLUELESS as to what is happening in their own neighborhoods. Numbers are posted all the live long day by multiple agencies. And they should KNOW them. And prepare for them as they watch the trends.

No hospital should claim that they are unprepared. NONE.

I wouldn't trust any hospital claiming to be surprised and overwhelmed by COVID cases to check me for an ear infection. It shows that they literally don't know what they are doing.
Truth.

They are not overwhelmed - they are UNDERSTAFFED! Talk to anyone who (still) works for a hospital and they will tell you that entire units are shut down due to the forced shot mandates. Staff is being let go in alarming numbers due to educated personnel who are not interested in being a guinea pig for the shot. And there is more to come, as some systems have designated a date in early January as a deadline for the shot or the door.

As a former hospital employee (quit years ago once they declared war on their employees), I still have friends and family who are happy to report on the reality. And it's generally nothing like what the hospital spokesperson is reporting to the media. "We are FULL" translation is "We have forced out 50 staff members this week and had to shut down 6 units....so instead of having 100 staffed beds, we now have 50 and each RN has 10 patients instead of 7". So now the hospital is diverting to others in the area that are "quickly becoming OVERWHELMED" because THEY have also let staff go and have closed units... and the bonus is they are hiring BACK that staff as travel nurses at $$$$$$$ OR they are grabbing new grads and tossing them into the fray.

Yeah, that's the reality of being "unprepared" and "surprised" and "overwhelmed"...watch your hospital admission bills and surgical bills go through the stratosphere in the coming year.

No shot, no mask, no fear here - had it twice, old/cancer survivor/fat/HBP/pre-diabetic (thanks dad!) and I sat on my couch for two weeks and survived. Enough already.

Old 12-19-2021, 07:04 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizaloo View Post
Truth.

They are not overwhelmed - they are UNDERSTAFFED! Talk to anyone who (still) works for a hospital and they will tell you that entire units are shut down due to the forced shot mandates. Staff is being let go in alarming numbers due to educated personnel who are not interested in being a guinea pig for the shot. And there is more to come, as some systems have designated a date in early January as a deadline for the shot or the door.

As a former hospital employee (quit years ago once they declared war on their employees), I still have friends and family who are happy to report on the reality. And it's generally nothing like what the hospital spokesperson is reporting to the media. "We are FULL" translation is "We have forced out 50 staff members this week and had to shut down 6 units....so instead of having 100 staffed beds, we now have 50 and each RN has 10 patients instead of 7". So now the hospital is diverting to others in the area that are "quickly becoming OVERWHELMED" because THEY have also let staff go and have closed units... and the bonus is they are hiring BACK that staff as travel nurses at $$$$$$$ OR they are grabbing new grads and tossing them into the fray.

Yeah, that's the reality of being "unprepared" and "surprised" and "overwhelmed"...watch your hospital admission bills and surgical bills go through the stratosphere in the coming year.

No shot, no mask, no fear here - had it twice, old/cancer survivor/fat/HBP/pre-diabetic (thanks dad!) and I sat on my couch for two weeks and survived. Enough already.

Hochul fired hospital staff during a pandemic. We must never forget that when they try to guilt people for taking up hospital space.

Old 12-19-2021, 07:39 PM

1,781 posts, read 956,801 times
I’m so glad I live in Texas. It isn’t perfect but it’s so much better than those hot mess blue states. Just got back today from the Dallas area where I watched my kids’ high school 3peat the Texas 6A football championship. Had a ton of fun watching my kids perform in the band at ATT Stadium (Cowboy Stadium) with hardly as mask in sight. Life is good in the Lone Star state! So sad to see the miserable state of affairs in those other places.

Old 12-19-2021, 07:43 PM

7,541 posts, read 11,579,521 times
Quote:
Define unvaccinated

1 shot
2 shots
3 shots
4 shots
0 shots
Unknown
Can't get vaccinated due to age or medical issues

Please let me know the current definition.

Asking for a friend.
0 shots = unvaccinated
1 shot = partial vaccinated
2 shots = vaccinated with no booster

Unvaccinated no shots in next 2 to 3 weeks if you go out to a lot of places IMO you have a 60% to 65% chance of getting Delta or Omicron and like 60% to 70% chance you will be in the hospital

Anybody with a min of 2 shots you only have a like 20% to 25% going to the hospital if you get Covid

Time to get vaxxed so with can end this in 15 months not 5 years

Old 12-19-2021, 08:06 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
0 shots = unvaccinated

Unvaccinated no shots in next 2 to 3 weeks if you go out to a lot of places IMO you have a 60% to 65% chance of getting Delta or Omicron and like 60% to 70% chance you will be in the hospital

Anybody with a min of 2 shots you only have a like 20% to 25% going to the hospital if you get Covid

You are delusional if you think Covid is going to end. That's not possible. That's against science.

Old 12-20-2021, 08:01 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
WTAF?!! Parents are paying money for their kid to be treated like animals, and at least half of them are saying thank you and asking for more, while another large percentage are all 'go along to get along'. Sick. I think a gap year might be in our future if this doesn't end before next September.
I was shocked.

I guess I shouldn't be.

Any other parents hearing about return from winter break places for kids, especially in NY state? Will kids even be allowed to return to school?

Old 12-20-2021, 08:12 AM

17,420 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
0 shots = unvaccinated

Yeah, that's not even your opinion - it's outright false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies