Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2021, 10:24 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
What we're seeing is very sad, and disturbing.
And what I'm hearing is, residents feeling their qualities of life have been diminished.
My god, people are now relocating to different states over Covid.
Divisions are being created, perhaps intentionally by international communities.
They keep imposing restrictions with a historical rate of failure, for what now is endemic; politicians are not this stupid.
Everyone knows the Spanish flu lasted only 3 years, so to drag this out only seems to amplify their own incompetence/agenda?.
I bolded the part most important for us to open our minds to. I used to think it was tin foil hat talk. Now I think they may be on to something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2021, 10:44 AM

9,121 posts, read 6,174,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What are the ages of the deceased?

Does either area mentioned above skew higher in those age ranges?

Asking for a friend. TIA for your answer.
Do they skew towards higher ages? Of course. That's been the history and story of Covid since January 2020. These stats are from two different sources so I don't consider them exactly comparable, but they tell a story that probably is true regardless of the source. Older people make up the vast majority of covid deaths.

Canada (29,678 as of 12/10/2021): https://www.statista.com/statistics/...canada-by-age/

Under age 60: 2086
Ages 60-69: 3101
Ages 70-79: 6203 (21%)
Over age 79: 18,288 (62%)

Florida: (59,638 as of 12/11/2021): https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisiona...9bhg-hcku/data

Under age 65: 16,294
Ages 65-74: 13,529 (23%)
Over age 75: 29,815 (50%)

Old 12-19-2021, 10:50 AM

7,928 posts, read 9,150,257 times
Whywould anyone be surprised by this? NY is currently in winter and we know this virus spikes during seasons when people have to spend more time indoors.

Secondly we know the vaccine is less able to prevent transmission of the subsequent strains and a lot of people are more than 6 months post vaccination and need a booster to restore protection. The covid vaccine lasts similarly as long as the flu vaccination in providing optimal immunity about 4 to 6 months .

So far the highly vaccinated states show less hospitalization rates so there is still some protection being provided by the vaccination in that regard.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberth...h=66ca641736a0

Old 12-19-2021, 10:50 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Do they skew towards higher ages? Of course. That's been the history and story of Covid since January 2020. These stats are from two different sources so I don't consider them exactly comparable, but they tell a story that probably is true regardless of the source. Older people make up the vast majority of covid deaths.

Canada (29,678 as of 12/10/2021): https://www.statista.com/statistics/...canada-by-age/

Under age 60: 2086
Ages 60-69: 3101
Ages 70-79: 6203 (21%)
Over age 79: 18,288 (62%)

Florida: (59,638 as of 12/11/2021): https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisiona...9bhg-hcku/data

Under age 65: 16,294
Ages 65-74: 13,529 (23%)
Over age 75: 29,815 (50%)
And what percent of Florida is older age vs Canada?

You cannot compare numbers/percents when the population affected is represented differently.

Like claiming schools in Xtown have 0% pregnancies in teens. And all the schools in Town? Are preschools.

Meaningless and misleading.

Old 12-19-2021, 10:52 AM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Whywould anyone be surprised by this? NY is currently in winter and we know this virus spikes during seasons when people have to spend more time indoors.

Secondly we know the vaccine is less able to prevent transmission of the subsequent strains and a lot of people are more than 6 months post vaccination and need a booster to restore protection. The covid vaccine lasts similarly as long as the flu vaccination in providing optimal immunity about 4 to 6 months .

So far the highly vaccinated states show less hospitalization rates so there is still some protection being provided by the vaccination in that regard.

Israel studies showed waned vaccines at 4 months. In fact the study showed the Pfizer vaccine peaked after 1 month and then started to decay. At 4 months the decay gets faster.

Old 12-19-2021, 10:57 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post

Shouldn't make a difference.

All indoor groups are masked and vaccinated.

IF they are even permitted to assemble.

So how is it being spread?

Old 12-19-2021, 10:58 AM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
They didn't anticipate people would be reluctant to take mRNA injections with no long term safety data? How do these people even keep their jobs when they can't foresee the obvious? Since when has the public ever followed health advice in large numbers? Do they lose weight? Do they 'just say no to drugs?' Do they exercise?

That they 'never could have anticipated the resistance' is a talking point. It comes from the same place as all other talking points that find some way to blame human beings for an airborne virus that is nearly impossible to truly vaccinate against, like other coronaviruses. Just like it was impossible to mask and distance against. Because it is literally the air. Wars against air are kind of silly. Blaming humans for losing such a war is cruel.

Blame people who don't 'distance, mask, isolate, and inject.' Blame those who breathe, sing, travel. Moralize medical choices. Moralize illness. Shame and blame. And combine that with the iron fist of mandates---that's the Covid playbook. A disaster---and the fault lies at the top, and with Pharma's injections that don't stop transmission.

The virus is rampant in places with vaccination rates that are nearly 100%, like Cornell. Or sky high vax rates like where I live in Westchester County--somewhere around 90%. They also mask here. Things are closing and cancelling. Even the vax passports in NYC aren't working. Time to just live with this.
Want people to not do something?
Trying to force them is the sure way to achieve that.

Old 12-19-2021, 11:04 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,878 times
[quote=moneill;62533925]Sarasota was the city.

And nobody ever said Florida was the heathen land of the unvaccinated.

I've always attested to the fact that while DeSantis fights any mandates because 'Amurica Freedom'...people in Florida don't necessarily heed his words.

I saw masks in stores at the same rate as I do in South Carolina.

WHICH --- in South Carolina -- mask use increases when numbers go up.[/QUOTE]

This is what I see in Florida too. When cases get high people wear masks. I have a relative who lives in Michigan and even with cases spiking, hardly anyone wears a mask. It feels like masks and distancing work as when people start doing those two things cases go down. It’s kind of common sense. Don’t shut the economy down but I have no problem with reasonable masks and distancing mandates. Vaccine mandates…no.

Old 12-19-2021, 11:14 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,575,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I don't know how anyone can stand living in that state.
You’d have to be a true masochists to continue to live in NYC by choice.

Old 12-19-2021, 11:24 AM

7,928 posts, read 9,150,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Shouldn't make a difference.

All indoor groups are masked and vaccinated.

IF they are even permitted to assemble.

So how is it being spread?
All indoor groups have certainly not been vaccinated and masked indoors in NY. Vaxxed were given free passes from masking and masking was not enforced in general.. Too many people spouting the my freedom mantra while refusing to wear masks.

People certainly were able to assemble. Sports arenas, concerts , restaurants, weddings, school are all open.

Even with the new guidelines from the Gov to mask indoors regardless of vax status, many county executives have come out and said they will not enforce it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies