Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2021, 11:29 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
All indoor groups have certainly not been vaccinated and masked indoors in NY. Vaxxed were given free passes from masking and masking was not enforced in general.. Too many people spouting the my freedom mantra while refusing to wear masks.

People certainly were able to assemble. Sports arenas, concerts , restaurants, weddings, school are all open.

Even with the new guidelines from the Gov to mask indoors regardless of vax status, many county executives have come out and said they will not enforce it.
Ah, so more MSM lies.

That was the message I was getting.

But if they are vaccinated, it makes sense that they didn't have to mask? Right?

What are the quarantine procedures now? I thought as soon as a positive was taken all people of contact also have to quarantine and test. So basically, no one without a negative could congregate.

Is that still the procedure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2021, 11:32 AM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
All indoor groups have certainly not been vaccinated and masked indoors in NY. Vaxxed were given free passes from masking and masking was not enforced in general.. Too many people spouting the my freedom mantra while refusing to wear masks.

People certainly were able to assemble. Sports arenas, concerts , restaurants, weddings, school are all open.

Even with the new guidelines from the Gov to mask indoors regardless of vax status, many county executives have come out and said they will not enforce it.
Maybe further upstate but NYC is not like you describe.
I have 2 cousins living there and my brother was just up in NYC last month.
In NYC they are strict about the mask and proof of vaccine.

Old 12-19-2021, 11:33 AM

18,501 posts, read 9,170,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Shouldn't make a difference.

All indoor groups are masked and vaccinated.

IF they are even permitted to assemble.

So how is it being spread?
It’s being spread by Jewish space lasers.

Old 12-19-2021, 11:37 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
We absolutely need to stop testing. Why? Because constant positive tests (which isn't the same as clinically significant illness) are being used to close everything down. All that needs to happen is sick people stay home until they are well again. Unless we want to ruin this entire generation and our economy.

New York's positivity rate isn't support for 'anti-vaxxing' (whatever that is.) Vaxxing is NOT the default.

Don't forget, NYC has a BRUTAL policy that you can't participate in society without injections. The whole rationale for this disgusting, cruel, anti-human, anti-family policy was that the filthy unvaxxed were spreading the virus. So they banned us from public spaces, and fired us from our jobs.

My "told you so" about NYC is bitter, not giddy. As a NY-er, these fascist policies have been harmful to my family. My daughter can't have dinner in NYC with other family members. The pressure on her from society and other family members to get the shots (against medical advice) is intense. We can't attend shows that my step-son performs in. All for what? The virus spreads, vaxxed or not.
That really makes no sense, stop testing so you can't react to increase in infections?

If vaccination isn't the default what is the solution.

Your daughter can have dinner in NYC, just tell her to get vaccinated.

Old 12-19-2021, 11:43 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Want people to not do something?
Trying to force them is the sure way to achieve that.

That is so true. I've seen articles lately about an increase in 'hesitancy' toward all vaccines. Experts are puzzled. Mystified. Baffled. It seems obvious to me--unprecedented levels of coercion and pressure about vaccines is turning people off. It erodes trust.

Old 12-19-2021, 11:45 AM

7,942 posts, read 9,160,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Ah, so more MSM lies.

That was the message I was getting.

But if they are vaccinated, it makes sense that they didn't have to mask? Right?

What are the quarantine procedures now? I thought as soon as a positive was taken all people of contact also have to quarantine and test. So basically, no one without a negative could congregate.

Is that still the procedure?
Well in schools we went from pulling out the whole class if a positive case to one kid in each direction ofvthe positive case. Needless to say that decision has caused more transmission within the class.

Many people home test so there is no contact tracing involved. If you dont go to school or have a job that looks at your illness you won't have to be involved with it. Likewise if you dont seek medical attention.

If you have contact but are vaccinated and asymptomatic you can work. If you are a healthcare worker and positive, but asymptomatic you are expected to work using a higher level of protection.

IMO the problem is our policies are months behind our knowledge. In September school opened with Delta in place, which affected kids much more than the original strain. But in May we got rid of plexiglass on desks and let kids go from 6 feet apart to 3 and mixed classes. We relaxed precautions and never put them back in place when we got more info. Needless to say we have much more in school transmission now compared to last year.

Now with omnicon in place, knowing the vaccine does not prevent transmission and the fact that regeneron doesnt work on it we still have passes for the vaxxed and offer regeneron to people offering them false hope that being unvaxxed and regeneron will protect them from more serious complications.

We need more science, less politics, and more consideration for our fellow Americans.

Old 12-19-2021, 11:45 AM

17,419 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That really makes no sense, stop testing so you can't react to increase in infections?

The solution is, what it should've been for months: learn to live with covid. It's not going anywhere ... ever.

People are testing like they're insane - testing with zero symptoms and only testing because they've been in contact with someone who's tested positive. And in most cases that I know of personally, the positive person has ZERO symptoms. (This is particular to NYC.)

These are fully vaccinated people - some are even boosted.

It's lunacy. NYC is have a surge - it's a pandemic of the vaccinated and not sick.

But let's shut down businesses and cause financial hardship over literally NOTHING

Idiots.

Last edited by Chuckity; 12-19-2021 at 11:58 AM..

Old 12-19-2021, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

There is no "plan B" for if the vaccines didn't work.
Just keep getting those boosters.

Old 12-19-2021, 11:48 AM

7,942 posts, read 9,160,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Maybe further upstate but NYC is not like you describe.
I have 2 cousins living there and my brother was just up in NYC last month.
In NYC they are strict about the mask and proof of vaccine.
NYC has long had a lower infection rate than the rest of the state. But still many restaurants dont enforce it and large weddings dont follow it either. My so nworks weddings in NYC. They never asked for vax proof. Wife went out to eat few weeks back in NYC no asking for vax proof.

Old 12-19-2021, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Now with omnicon in place, knowing the vaccine does not prevent transmission and the fact that regeneron doesnt work on it we still have passes for the vaxxed and offer regeneron to people offering them false hope that being unvaxxed and regeneron will protect them from more serious complications.

We need more science, less politics, and more consideration for our fellow Americans.
We were told the same for Delta ....it was evading the vaccine.

Personally I think it's the vaccine wearing off not the other way around.

For both Delta and Omnicron we were told the virus is evading the vaccine and for Delta the solution was to get a booster.

Delta is still the prevalent variant and the surges are happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies