Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2021, 01:33 PM

984 posts, read 442,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
But yet they think it's still acceptable to fire hospital staff that refuse to get vaccinated after they worked well over a year taking care of patients when there was no vaccines. The staff shortage is there because the hospital administrators created it by being politically correct and stupid.
That may be, but whatever the issue (which isn't all that, since there was a shortage before the pandemic and before the vaccine), the fact remains that there isn't enough staff to treat everyone. You might not like the problem and might think it's someone else's responsibility, but if you're the one dying from covid or having some other sort of emergency/issue and there's no bed, it suddenly becomes your problem, like it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2021, 01:34 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You can have it and not know it.
and I am "innocent until proven guilty".

But I've been double-vaxxed and haven't spent time around any folks that turned up Covid positive, so I feel 99% confident, which is good enough for me.

Old 12-20-2021, 01:34 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
That may be, but whatever the issue, the fact remains that there isn't enough staff to treat everyone.
And they were aware of this staff shortage ....

when they FIRED their own employees.

So why is there still a shortage? Why haven't they hired new employees?

Old 12-20-2021, 01:35 PM

984 posts, read 442,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
And they were aware of this staff shortage ....

when they FIRED their own employees.

So why is there still a shortage? Why haven't they hired new employees?
I don't know, and I can't do anything about that. The fact remains that there's a shortage. So like it or not, medical care has to be rationed in these cases.

Old 12-20-2021, 01:36 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I suspect Amish are not high transmitters because they don't interact outside of their community much at all.

They naturally have social distancing. They may have been very careful to wear masks, etc.

Right now we are having live music events, sporting events, gatherings --- and it is easily spread with those activities.

Not so much with Dad building a bench in the barn whil eMom does her baking in the kitchen.

I've been going to the stores since the whole thing started, lived with someone who had COVID and I've never gotten it.

Why? Luck of the draw?
I live a little more than an hour from Amish country and we have Amish laborers working in neighborhoods all the time, and I can assure you that those three hypotheses are false, false, and false, respectively. Not a lot of "social distancing" when everyone's in the same truck headed up to Cleveland for a job.

Old 12-20-2021, 01:36 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I suspect Amish are not high transmitters because they don't interact outside of their community much at all.

They naturally have social distancing. They may have been very careful to wear masks, etc.

Right now we are having live music events, sporting events, gatherings --- and it is easily spread with those activities.

Not so much with Dad building a bench in the barn whil eMom does her baking in the kitchen.

I've been going to the stores since the whole thing started, lived with someone who had COVID and I've never gotten it.

Why? Luck of the draw?
Sharyl Attkisson did a piece on the Amish. The Amish community that she spoke with just let the virus run its course.

https://sharylattkisson.com/2021/10/...herd-immunity/

Old 12-20-2021, 01:39 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
I don't know, and I can't do anything about that. The fact remains that there's a shortage. So like it or not, medical care has to be rationed in these cases.
Then that's a massive failure on the part of the administrators running the hospitals, some of whom draw very high salaries, and pointed questions need to be directed their way.

Old 12-20-2021, 01:39 PM

Quote:
You don't think the shortage is a problem. The problem is there are too many sick people. That's your stance.

And the solution to that, per the hospital network that's complaining about it, is NOT to hire more workers, get temp facilities or figure out another partnership ... but to take out a full page in a newspaper encouraging vaccination.

Don't you think that's stupid way to resolve the problem?

Old 12-20-2021, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Then that's a massive failure on the part of the administrators running the hospitals, some of whom draw very high salaries, and pointed questions need to be directed their way.
Exactly. And the cognitive dissonance is so great, that actually the problem is simply those who aren't vaccinated. Because if everyone *suddenly* got vaccinated, hospitals would be empty since sickness would POOF disappear.

it's absolutely stunning the way these minds work.

Old 12-20-2021, 01:43 PM

4,168 posts, read 4,881,444 times
Quote:
That may be, but whatever the issue (which isn't all that, since there was a shortage before the pandemic and before the vaccine), the fact remains that there isn't enough staff to treat everyone. You might not like the problem and might think it's someone else's responsibility, but if you're the one dying from covid or having some other sort of emergency/issue and there's no bed, it suddenly becomes your problem, like it or not.
I haven't been in the hospital for decades and don't plan on changing that anytime soon. More fear mongering never works. The hospital problems could be fixed if the powers that be really wanted to fix them but they'd rather watch people die for the sake of more profits in their own pockets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies