Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2021, 08:45 AM

17,641 posts, read 6,918,695 times

Advertisements

Everyone is going to be infected with Omicron and that is how COVID will end.

Old 12-21-2021, 08:51 AM

1,952 posts, read 829,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Most people that are not vaccinated and get Covid also get mild or even no symptoms too. Notice they won’t tell you that part.

That was me.

I got Covid back in January and did not even run a fever. Slight headache and loss of sense of taste and smell for a week and then I tested negative and went back to work. White male in mid 50s. No co-morbidities, not vaxxed, either.

I eat clean, am in the gym 5 days a week and am an avid cyclist, so I attribute my light case to living clean and not having any co-morbidities.

Old 12-21-2021, 08:53 AM

6,035 posts, read 2,852,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
They are barely sick which is how these vaccines work.
Are you their doctor? How can you confirm this?

And by the way, that's not how these vaccines were sold to us. We were told, "get vaccinated to end Covid-19". Then it became, "get vaccinated, so you don't get sick". Then it became, "get vaccinated so you don't get sick too bad". Now, it's, "get vaccinated, or else".

Great marketing tactics.

Last edited by FordBronco1967; 12-21-2021 at 09:51 AM..

Old 12-21-2021, 09:34 AM

932 posts, read 543,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
That was me.

I got Covid back in January and did not even run a fever. Slight headache and loss of sense of taste and smell for a week and then I tested negative and went back to work. White male in mid 50s. No co-morbidities, not vaxxed, either.

I eat clean, am in the gym 5 days a week and am an avid cyclist, so I attribute my light case to living clean and not having any co-morbidities.

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/

Old 12-21-2021, 09:41 AM

4,025 posts, read 1,879,736 times
no one ever said "get vaccinated to end Covid-19".

The only thing EVER said about the vaccine - officially - was that early studies show it to be 80-90% effective at preventing infection, and of those that do get infected, the severity is lessened. It was also stated that as time goes by - effectiveness will wane - and it has.

If you can find a quote or a link from the CDC that said the vaccine will END Covid - please post it. That type of nonsense is the opinion of the media or C-D or your own doctor, maybe, but it was never official policy. If you thought it was, look in the mirror.

Anyone who is surprised that vaccinated people STILL get covid doesn't understand what "80-90%" means.

Look, people, your own reluctance to participate in doing what you can to reduce COVID (and I am not talking about JUST vaccines or masks) - is the main reason we still have COVID. No other reason.

If you want it to stop spreading it- stop getting near people who have it. It's very simple.

If you don't think it's serious - we're approaching 1 Million Dead People (USA). What's your "serious" threshold? 10M? 100M?

Fortunately (for us) you don't get to set the threshold - someone else did that for you - and that number is behind us now.

If you don't trust the vaccine or masks - fine. Stay home, and avoid people. If you can't stay home, and you can't avoid people - then please - please - just ACCEPT that you are not slowing the spread, you are CAUSING the spread. NO ONE is riding the bench on this issue. You're either slowing it down - or you're not. Which are you doing?

(The "who cares" mentality lost that battle to the other 6.7 Billion people on the planet long ago. They all care, even if some folks here in the USA do not.)

Old 12-21-2021, 09:50 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,184,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
no one ever said "get vaccinated to end Covid-19".

The only thing EVER said about the vaccine - officially - was that early studies show it to be 80-90% effective at preventing infection, and of those that do get infected, the severity is lessened. It was also stated that as time goes by - effectiveness will wane - and it has.

If you can find a quote or a link from the CDC that said the vaccine will END Covid - please post it. That type of nonsense is the opinion of the media or C-D or your own doctor, maybe, but it was never official policy. If you thought it was, look in the mirror.

Anyone who is surprised that vaccinated people STILL get covid doesn't understand what "80-90%" means.

Look, people, your own reluctance to participate in doing what you can to reduce COVID (and I am not talking about JUST vaccines or masks) - is the main reason we still have COVID. No other reason.

If you want it to stop spreading it- stop getting near people who have it. It's very simple.

If you don't think it's serious - we're approaching 1 Million Dead People (USA). What's your "serious" threshold? 10M? 100M?

Fortunately (for us) you don't get to set the threshold - someone else did that for you - and that number is behind us now.

If you don't trust the vaccine or masks - fine. Stay home, and avoid people. If you can't stay home, and you can't avoid people - then please - please - just ACCEPT that you are not slowing the spread, you are CAUSING the spread. NO ONE is riding the bench on this issue. You're either slowing it down - or you're not. Which are you doing?

(The "who cares" mentality lost that battle to the other 6.7 Billion people on the planet long ago. They all care, even if some folks here in the USA do not.)
Biden said get vaccinated to end Covid

Old 12-21-2021, 09:51 AM

306 posts, read 102,337 times
Couldn't happen to a better pair of *******s.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:52 AM

1,134 posts, read 405,107 times
Quote:
Most people that are not vaccinated and get Covid also get mild or even no symptoms too. Notice they won’t tell you that part.
So far -- that does seem to be the case lately for people I know. Most people in my extended family are vaccinated but a few are not. Two of the unvaccinated ones tested positive for Covid last week. One is a senior over 80 years old. Both have some fatigue and a slightly sore throat. It doesn't appear to be developing into anything more for them, so far.

They live in the Northwest region of the US, which is one of the regions specifically noted with high case numbers of the omicron variant.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:53 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,992 times
Quote:
Exactly right.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:56 AM

6,751 posts, read 3,371,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
ot calling you out specifically but the media and politicians are trying to redefine the vaccine as its become apparent that the Covid vaccines and boosters are not working.
Not true. Vaccines work in different ways. Some are meant to prevent, some are meant to reduce the severity.

I think at first the Covid vaccines were thought to prevent getting the virus, which apparently they are less effective at that. They do reduce the severity of it, however, especially with Omicron.

People seem to forget that overall we are still in the infancy stage with these vaccines. There was, obviously, and urgency to get something out there. I think as time goes on and more research is done these vaccines will get better and be more effective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies