Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2021, 09:58 AM

1,952 posts, read 829,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforger View Post

I love how some...that think they are sooo smart....think that since I have not had a vaccination, I am anti vaccination. Nothing cold be farther from the truth.

I have had several vaccinations in my lifetime and am not against anyone receiving the Covid vaccination if this is their choice, nor would I belittle anyone for their choices in this matter. You know....freedom of choice. I know this is not popular anymore in our country.

I merely posted my experience with Covid and you ASSUMED that. Thats ok...when I go on against leftists, some also think that I must be a Q-Anon kook or worship at the font of orange man and that is also a wildly inaccurate assumption.

By making assumptions about people you do not know - surprise - you too are spreading disinformation.

Old 12-21-2021, 10:07 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Not true. Vaccines work in different ways. Some are meant to prevent, some are meant to reduce the severity.

I think at first the Covid vaccines were thought to prevent getting the virus, which apparently they are less effective at that. They do reduce the severity of it, however, especially with Omicron.

People seem to forget that overall we are still in the infancy stage with these vaccines. There was, obviously, and urgency to get something out there. I think as time goes on and more research is done these vaccines will get better and be more effective.
Vaccines should work like a vaccine, old school definition before they changed it. It should protect a person from a disease. When a vaccine behaves more like a treatment that allows disease and spread, but protects from severe illness, it needs to be called a therapeutic. But then the drug companies would have liability, and they couldn't mandate it.

Regarding Warren and Booker, we have no way of knowing if their Covid would have been mild without the vaccine. Maybe.

Old 12-21-2021, 10:10 AM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
I wish them both a speedy recovery. End of story.
Agreed.

Old 12-21-2021, 10:56 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
They are barely sick which is how these vaccines work.

God’s revenge is to be barely sick because you took a vaccine to do your best to protect yourself? Well, that actually does sound like the loving God I was taught to believe in.

A vaccine that you have to keep taking and doesn't really keep you from getting and spreading the virus, isn't really a vaccine.....

It's a marketing strategy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies