Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 09:49 AM

6,619 posts, read 5,022,506 times

Advertisements

This is like when I call my grandpa and we have the same weekly conversation we been having for the last decade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2022, 09:56 AM

11,290 posts, read 11,059,747 times
As long as speaking the truth is considered "racist" by the left, we are all irredeemable racists.

Since the left owns the media, tech, and education, this is the new normal. Todays kids/young adults have no clue what real racism looks like.

Old 01-02-2022, 09:56 AM

16,658 posts, read 8,663,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
When I was growing up, being labeled "racist" was a despicable title. Nowadays, it seems everything is being labeled as racist. I wonder if we are devaluing the term by using it so broadly. I also wonder if we are sending a message to our younger generations that racism is so ubiquitous that it can't be overcome. Does that mean they should stop trying? What is the purpose of all this? I'm confused.
It meant something, just as differentiation between bias - bigotry - prejudice - discrimination did. Today even slight bias or prejudice is labeled racism, which also diminishes the meaning. Someone can be biased for or against something with being a bigot, much less a racist.
The same with prejudice, as many people prejudged others based on a variety of things, whether it be religion, ethnic background or heck even class, family stature, occupation (i.e. blue vs. white collar), etc.

The definition of racist use to be someone who not only actively hated people based on race, but were members of group trying to harm said race/religion, such as the KKK. They hated everyone except for whites and Protestants, thus if you were not a WASP, you were not on their Christmas card list.

So maybe younger folks today are ignorant of the differences and nuance, and/or just scream "racist" figuring it is the worst thing, even though the person is not a racist.
Heck I heard a woman call a person a racist because they were critical of pitbulls and felt they should be illegal to own.

Old 01-02-2022, 10:25 AM

43,262 posts, read 18,396,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
As long as speaking the truth is considered "racist" by the left, we are all irredeemable racists.

Since the left owns the media, tech, and education, this is the new normal. Todays kids/young adults have no clue what real racism looks like.
And excluding Whites is deemed ok. They don't even realize that is the definition of racism.

Old 01-02-2022, 10:43 AM

8,362 posts, read 2,982,622 times
If you’re white and have yet to be accused of being racist, you live in a cave or you haven’t been pulling your weight.

By not pulling you’re weight I’m referring to all the blatant media, academia, and government endorsed racism against whites and those whites that are afraid to speak up in defense of that injustice.

The media, academia, and government defines “racist” as White. Especially White, male, Republican or conservative, and heterosexual. But a straight white heterosexual democrat male comes close, as do all white females.

Old 01-02-2022, 10:59 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,332,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post

Maybe, I don't know. I suspect most young people in America have never experienced the kind of racism I witnessed in Mexico, Europe, Japan and other parts of the World. If you want to see actual racism, watch soccer sometime in Brazil, or Venezuela. Or ask a Japanese person why they won't let Muslims immigrate to Japan. Or ask an Indian about Pakistani's. Or ask a Vietnamese person about the Montagnard's. Or ask a Russian about the Evenks. Or do a little reading about what happens to albino children in Africa.

Honestly, I've traveled extensively and lived abroad on four continents and I really do think America is probably one of the least racist placed on Earth. It simply baffles me that Americans don't see that.

Old 01-02-2022, 11:04 AM

7,103 posts, read 6,000,092 times
Quote:
When I was growing up, being labeled "racist" was a despicable title. Nowadays, it seems everything is being labeled as racist. I wonder if we are devaluing the term by using it so broadly. I also wonder if we are sending a message to our younger generations that racism is so ubiquitous that it can't be overcome. Does that mean they should stop trying? What is the purpose of all this? I'm confused.
https://savejersey.com/2019/07/every...l-correctness/ In Jersey, everything is racist.

In fact, saying that everything is racist, is now racist...

Old 01-02-2022, 11:23 AM

11,290 posts, read 11,059,747 times
Quote:
Honestly, I've traveled extensively and lived abroad on four continents and I really do think America is probably one of the least racist placed on Earth. It simply baffles me that Americans don't see that.
It's because most people in this country who are 30 and under have been brainwashed by the left to believe that the USA is evil and somehow the rest of the world is completely enlightened. Truth is, our children in the last quarter century have been so damaged by leftist indoctrination that we are in grave danger of becoming one of the most poorly educated countries in the First World. Just look at this "woke" crap going on all around you. It's like something out of the freaking Twilight Zone yet it is being embraced by some of the most powerful entities and businesses in the USA.

Old 01-02-2022, 11:26 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,650,256 times
It still means something. It means you're dealing with a liberal woke nutjob.

Old 01-02-2022, 11:31 AM

20,144 posts, read 20,929,615 times
It’s a joke. Carries no weight anymore.
Pull the race card and you’re a laughing stock.
But that’s what you get for abusing it.
Good luck if you are an honest real victim of racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies