Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 01:15 PM

17,590 posts, read 13,372,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
When I was growing up, being labeled "racist" was a despicable title. Nowadays, it seems everything is being labeled as racist. I wonder if we are devaluing the term by using it so broadly. I also wonder if we are sending a message to our younger generations that racism is so ubiquitous that it can't be overcome. Does that mean they should stop trying? What is the purpose of all this? I'm confused.

I'm white, therefore I'm a racist

I'm OK with that, call me what you want. I could care less, I know what I am!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2022, 07:54 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Leftists with their desperate excruciatingly embarrassing pathetic attempts at proving to the world, and mostly each other, that they are not “racist”.
I have good friends that are liberals, and even a couple that might be labeled leftist/progressive. While I like them, some are wired to assume others are guilty of XYZ just because they themselves feel that way.

Thus they assume others think as they do. A quick example was when this one buddy and I went to a game together. He made some comments that were sweeping generalizations at best, borderline prejudiced at worst (I do not consider him a racist, but he would consider anyone saying the stuff he did, a racist).

Anyway, the point being those on the left seem to project their own thoughts (or maybe what their parents use to say around the house) as what moderates/conservatives must think like.
That is why you find some of them showing up to a rally of moderates/conservatives (picture Tea Party gatherings) and they carry racist signs as a form of false flag attacks.
When caught, some claim they know those on the right are racist, so they just wanted to make sure others were aware of it also.
They are totally oblivious and blind to the fact their assumptions are false when they come to an event, and no one is a racist kook as they has envisioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The way it works these days, is you can self declare, when you miss the latest WOKE memo.

Like the catholic church, we all are born with original sin..... activists and media purloined that tennent of the church and adapted it to charge default racism.

Incredible activists can practice racism and charge racism at the same time. The media fell asleep on the use of that clumsy tactic. Imagine the insult to those who fought for racial equality by the indiscriminate charge of rasism!
You make a valid point until you make it sound like the media is asleep at the wheel. Other than Hollywood, the leftist/communists of this country are a huge part of "big media" based primarily in NYC.
They are not complicit dupes, rather they are leading even some of the politicians towards a leftist society, trying to erode the very foundation of America, that they suckle at the teat from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
The way those racist wokies were speaking about blacks, I got the impression that the black folks being interviewed would respond in anger and violence.

I couldn't but help notice how un-racist those black folks came across. No malevolence, just a bewilderment at the ignorance and stupidity of the wokies.

How I feel about those woke kids is insulted. They are an insult and disgrace to my own race! They make me feel ashamed that they are white. Where the hell do they get off thinking or assuming or judging another race like that? It makes me want to go out and stand up for the black folks. Not that they need my help.

Anyway, to me, someone calling something or someone racist is a declaration of their own racism. And depth of brainwashing/indoctrination.
I assume what I highlighted in bold, is what you are referring to in the video I posted(reposted below)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JGmKHrWKMQ

Old 01-02-2022, 11:18 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
I wonder if we are devaluing the term by using it so broadly. I also wonder if we are sending a message to our younger generations that racism is so ubiquitous that it can't be overcome.
I wonder if it isn't quite a bit worse than this. In the name of equity, and redress for past injustice, our younger generations are being taught that racism, against white people, is a good thing.

Old 01-02-2022, 11:27 PM

31,082 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Those poor people will not get the justice they truly deserve.

Now when some racist act happens there's a 99% chance it was done by a POC themselves to stoke anger.
Jussie Michael "the gentle Giant", the Covington students, all Leftist lies stoked by the media!

Old 01-02-2022, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Racism along with the climate change hysteria are simply tools used by the left to gain power and keep people divided.

So many people are shockingly unaware of this.
Because their propaganda machine runs 24 hrs a day from their MSNBC/ CNN morning shows, to the View, to nightly news, to their late night Comedians. 24 hours a day of indoctrination works so well, they think Joe Biden is actually a good president

Old 01-03-2022, 05:22 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
No, it is just that the racists have for the most part eschewed the 'N' word. Real racism is shown more in acts than in racist invective.

There always has been 'laissez-faire' racism: Reagan got started in politics opposing open housing and went on to fight the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act. He touted 'states rights' near Meridien, MS and decried "big bucks on welfare eating t bone steaks while you can't afford hamburger." Then he called himself such a friend to the minority community.

Republicans have shown that playing the race card can help them at the ballot box. Does anyone not remember the racist dog whistles as to 'Willie" Horton? (His name was William) The designer of that campaign apologized before he died.

Each Republican president since Nixon (except Ford) has used race-baiting in the presidential campaign. Each one of them. And some call racist invective just a leftist talking point? Think again.
... Thinking more than twice, personally I agree. It would seem identifying racism is worse than being racist, or by tacitly approving of racist acts.

This is the strangest life I've ever known.

Old 01-03-2022, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
... Thinking more than twice, personally I agree. It would seem identifying racism is worse than being racist, or by tacitly approving of racist acts.

This is the strangest life I've ever known.
"I agree" Real Racist's and those that support them or hide their deeds should be identified. Of course, that's only if they are not Democrats as we see here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nafhanRZ4lc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqO_LiKjJjk

Last edited by LS Jaun; 01-03-2022 at 12:37 PM..

Old 01-03-2022, 12:29 PM

7,928 posts, read 3,477,856 times
The term has lost all meaning but it has not lost its power. If anything it has more power, as anyone who has the label hurled at them, justifiably or not, is in real danger of losing their job, career and life as they know it. This gives the term a power to coerce people's behavior in significant ways. It's not so much word as a verbal tool or weapon.

Old 01-03-2022, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
The term has lost all meaning but it has not lost its power. If anything it has more power, as anyone who has the label hurled at them, justifiably or not, is in real danger of losing their job, career and life as they know it. This gives the term a power to coerce people's behavior in significant ways. It's not so much word as a verbal tool or weapon.
Unless you are a Democrat, where you have complete immunity, such as our Segregationist President Biden, Democrat Senator Robert "KKK" Byrd, or even the illustrious President and NOI Supporter Borok O'Farrakhan, they are Blessed and beyond question. If you do question them on it you will be declared the "Racist"

Old 01-03-2022, 12:37 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
This short video is a perfect example of what I bolded in your post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JGmKHrWKMQ
I've seen this vid here on CD a few times.

It's a perfect example of just how corrupt the Dems are in terms of trying to remove ID requirements for voting.

Its a perfect example of what kind of BS is out there. Those black people were average everyday people and of course they have ID and know how to use the internet.

Those pinheads at Berkeley are so unconsciously racist that it's shocking to listen to what they have to say.

I can't believe how bigoted some are and frankly, how dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies