Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 06:22 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times

Advertisements

That Russia was our enemy. After seeing it many times over a long period of time and getting to know Russians, some of the language and culture I realized that I had been lied to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2022, 06:38 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,491,307 times
I flipped twice on the death penalty. As a teen, I thought all killers should be executed. Then I read about execution costing more than life imprisonment, and the numbers of death row prisoners who have their convictions overturned, and the executed who were probably innocent. Now I figure the death penalty will become cheaper and faster as governments become unable to afford long imprisonment. There will be more falsely accused who hang. I don't see a way around that.

Old 01-03-2022, 06:41 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,599,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
So the means to an end is justification?

in the real word Hoffa used mobsters to counteract tactics used by business owners who not so saintly themselves..
even our own military employed the mob to safeguard the port of new York during ww2...

the real world is a big grey area sovereign countrys global disputes many time use the same methods and people as mobsters

Old 01-03-2022, 07:20 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,979,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaRising View Post
As someone on the left or right, have you ever changed your mind politically about a topic? And if so, what was the topic and why did you change your mind?
I changed my mind about being left or right. I'm for what's right now. Regardless of what party it is. I just want what's best for America and my family.

Old 01-03-2022, 07:22 PM

8,480 posts, read 4,727,776 times
Yes, many things.

So many things.

Invite and incite me. Where shall I begin? War? Death penalty? Gay rights? Gun rights? The role of government?

Old 01-03-2022, 07:30 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
keep reading, cause you have only spewed out republican talking points, you wont find many serious studies with those views, only tabloid lije books for the media talking heads to cash in on

(can you say dee-sooza)
That poster was right. Overall the Democrats are the bad guys which is why I would never vote for them. Their virtual open border stances, objection to the wall, amnesty and rewards for illegal aliens should be enough to turn everyone against them. Reagan was wrong but lived to regret it. No matter how hard it might be to migrate here legally it is never right to support or sympathize with illegal aliens who thumbed their noses at our immigration laws, took jobs from Americans by working for less, committed felony ID theft, tax evasion, overcrowded our schools, jails, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods and depleted our natural and social resources. They cost us over $100 billion a year!

As I said, I research the issues myself before forming an opinion and it's never based on emotion it's always based on the rule of law and common sense and what is best for our country and law abiding citizens. My compassion is for them not foreign invaders. No one has the right to a better life by breaking laws and taking from others what doesn't belong to them. Too bad the liberal left just deals in emotion rather than common sense and respecting our laws. It would be an eye opener to them to research this issue as I did and keep their emotions out of it.

Old 01-03-2022, 07:32 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
As a young man I truly used to believe the people we elected, regardless of party, actually cared about their fellow Americans. As an adult, I've come to the realization that pretty much the opposite of that is true. Again, regardless of party. Aside from a few fighters in the House and Senate who get railroaded or pushed aside by the majority, for the most part we are represented by a bunch of self-serving sycophants who care more about preserving their seat of power than preserving and improving our way of life. Those who come into office with a will to fight are quickly brought to heel or discarded when the next election rolls around. Most of the people we have in Washington are career politicians, and you don't stay in Washington unless you learn to play dirty. We need term limits in the House and Senate.
Not only do we need term limits, we need to squash all the overbloated benefits.

Old 01-03-2022, 07:32 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaRising View Post
As someone on the left or right, have you ever changed your mind politically about a topic? And if so, what was the topic and why did you change your mind?
I never thought we would see a worse president than Carter and Obama. Biden proved me wrong.

I also thought that the democrats had achieved "peak lunacy"; again, I was proven wrong again.

Old 01-03-2022, 07:33 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I changed my mind about being left or right. I'm for what's right now. Regardless of what party it is. I just want what's best for America and my family.
Glad you included America in general with wanting what is best along with your family. Some posters in here only care about themselves and their families or their race and to hell with the rest of us.

Old 01-03-2022, 07:37 PM

14,956 posts, read 9,794,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I never thought we would see a worse president than Carter and Obama. Biden proved me wrong.

I also thought that the democrats had achieved "peak lunacy"; again, I was proven wrong again.
Your watching American marxism grow out of the intellectual bowels of the democrat party. We've got a ways to go before we hit bottom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT9WUIfdKIA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies