Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2022, 09:48 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I completely disagree. America is like an exclusive club and it should be shut off to people who are not deserving of entering this country.

You are not welcome here if you can't make it into the club according to the rules that have been laid down. That's life.
Well, this exclusive club sometimes does not let it’s own people in. They impose other requirements to participate…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2022, 09:53 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
August is not brand new, but you be you.
Hall monitors. ?

Old 01-03-2022, 10:40 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
Do you believe others should be forced, against their will, to pay for your medical bills?

Do you use health insurance?

Old 01-03-2022, 10:50 PM

254 posts, read 131,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
It is admirable, what you have gone through and accomplished.

I understand the need for access to quality medical care. I went without it for a very long time. It was not until the ACA I was able to buy it. It is still costly, but I am grateful for it. One major illness can bankrupt a family, which is criminal IMO.

I bet you are a better person for having gone through all of it. Congratulations.

Old 01-04-2022, 05:06 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaRising View Post
I think that is a little over the top. We are a better country for our diversity. What would Jesus do?

People said the same thing about the Jews, the Irish and the Italians during their immigration waves. Everything was fine. Everything will be fine. The media is taking a problem and making it apocalyptic. Have some compassion.

The Jews, Irish and Italians came here legally.

Nothing wrong with LEGAL immigration and the diversity that results from it.

Old 01-04-2022, 05:14 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Was GOP. Now Independent.

Now believe in universal health insurance since ca 2013. You get to opt out once at the beginning but if you are in, you are in and if you are out, you are out. This includes strong antitrust rules that would make the medical industrial complex scream like anti evergreening laws.

Have become ever increasingly anti big media.

Ever increasing an antitrust supporter in many areas.

Past ?5? years want to restrict PE/ Hedge fund activities regarding anything that is a need. Them buying physician groups and existing housing stock is just a hideously bad idea. If they want to own real estate beyond a certain size, they can build it.

Increasing 2A support over time. was never anti gun, but the left wing rioters made me rethink restrictions. I have no delusions about using small arms vs the army. I see the crowds of left wing trash rioting and small arms will do just fine if they come after someone.

Decriminalize weed and pardon low level people en masse.

I might be drifting into protections for free speech outside of government. Cancel culture is evil and I am tired of the one sided nature circle jerk. The redefinition of hate and racist/ racism is toxic. I have no idea how this would work but things are ridiculous now and I have no specific solution.

Get feds out of education entirely excepting maybe block grants to states.

Get the US out of all these wars.

Drill drill drill energy at the same time as supporting new energy. IE bring it bottom up to replace rather than forcing it top down by killing off old energy.

Old 01-04-2022, 05:56 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
I went from supporting Bush in 2004 to hating him and his Iraq war.
Here we have someone on the left "hating" anybody they don't like. Must live a miserable life!

What is especially sickening is this poster blaming it ENTIRELY on W Bush, when it was the DEM controlled Senate who voted FOR the invasion.

In fact thew SML, (you DO know what this means?) not only voted for it, he CO-SPONSORED IT, as did the House dem leader.

And I'd bet this poster voted FOR a his dem senator and presidential candidates who voted FOR the bill giving W. Bush the AUTHORITY to invade Iraq.

WITHOUT their actions the bill to invade Iraq would NEVER HAVE PASSED!

But, I'm used to dems NEVER taking RESPONSIBILITY for their actions and NON-actions.

And WE are the UN-educated!!!

So tell us, who did YOU vote for? bet I can identify a few!

"Dem's who voted FOR the wars: Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE) VP at the time, president now
Breaux (D-LA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY) Sec of state at the time(Labeled Smartest women in the world by many lefties)
Daschle (D-SD) Leader of the Senate at the time and co-sponsored the bill
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC) Ran for VP
Feinstein (D-CA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hollings (D-SC)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA) Ran for Pres.
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT) Ran for Pres.
Lincoln (D-AR)
Miller (D-GA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Reid (D-NV) leader of the Senate later
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Schumer (D-NY) Current SML
Torricelli (D-NJ)

Old 01-04-2022, 06:02 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Switched parties while in "Nam for my 2nd tour and only 12 miles from the DMZ, when johson STOPPED the bombings.

Never went back to the dem party.

Old 01-04-2022, 06:04 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
People with medical insurance are not being forced to pay for medical bills of others, they do it as a by product... but certainly not against their will...

Old 01-04-2022, 06:07 AM

23,976 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Here we have someone on the left "hating" anybody they don't like. Must live a miserable life!

What is especially sickening is this poster blaming it ENTIRELY on W Bush, when it was the DEM controlled Senate who voted FOR the invasion.

In fact thew SML, (you DO know what this means?) not only voted for it, he CO-SPONSORED IT, as did the House dem leader.

And I'd bet this poster voted FOR a his dem senator and presidential candidates who voted FOR the bill giving W. Bush the AUTHORITY to invade Iraq.

WITHOUT their actions the bill to invade Iraq would NEVER HAVE PASSED!

But, I'm used to dems NEVER taking RESPONSIBILITY for their actions and NON-actions.

And WE are the UN-educated!!!

So tell us, who did YOU vote for? bet I can identify a few!

"Dem's who voted FOR the wars: Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE) VP at the time, president now
Breaux (D-LA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY) Sec of state at the time(Labeled Smartest women in the world by many lefties)
Daschle (D-SD) Leader of the Senate at the time and co-sponsored the bill
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC) Ran for VP
Feinstein (D-CA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hollings (D-SC)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA) Ran for Pres.
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT) Ran for Pres.
Lincoln (D-AR)
Miller (D-GA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Reid (D-NV) leader of the Senate later
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Schumer (D-NY) Current SML
Torricelli (D-NJ)
Where did anybody in the House or Senate get their information?
I have never supported the USA involvement in other countries or wars since WW2.
IIRC, the majority of Americans supported our being in Viet Nam for years.

And after Iran and 9-11 most didn't't care if there were WMD or not. Plenty of people knew they had been accounted for by the inspectors.

Remember all those plastic yellow ribbons plastered on half the cars on the road? Now those people are avid anti war advocates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies