Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 08:04 AM

17,390 posts, read 16,532,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Not in that area. RP funding arena is in Polk County, FL. (Home to the best Sherrif) the heart of Trump / DeSantis country I-4 corridor. If cars are in line it's to get tested because they want to be tested.
It depends on what their corporate policy is. If they work for a company that is based in a blue state then they might be required to present a negative Covid test just to go into work.

Some of those people might be in line to get a negative Covid test in order to go on a cruise or to attend some other event (not necessarily in Florida).

Old 01-07-2022, 08:07 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
We're coming to the end.....at least the end of any reasonable human being believing that any of this has anything to do with public health.

Covid cultists will remain, but there won't be enough of them. Every politician cares about one thing: getting re-elected.

Chicago is at war right now due to school closures. Everyone's up at arms and furious at the teachers union. When the covid "light" cultists start turning on covid "heavy", it's beginning of the end.
When a vaccine ceases to reduce transmission it is NOT a public health issue.

It's a personal risk issue.

Not public health.

Which means vaccines mandates MAKE NO DIFFERENCE to public health. [Yelling for those in the back row.]

Old 01-07-2022, 08:09 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Miami sampling: https://www.google.com/search?q=pict...0sQ9QF6BAgQEAE

https://www.polk-county.net/covid-19...-testing-sites

All I'm attempting to show is that, in spite of DeSantis's appearing to downplay this issue, there is a general acceptance of it's seriousness and a concern by MANY people. Contrary to the premise often seen on here that Florida is not in the least concerned and in thrall to their Governor with those seeking tests being all "stupid" or "brainwashed lefties".

Why on earth do so many of you desire to create infantile, partisan whole cloth out of the most significant and life altering event to have happened to the world in general since the last world war?

Old 01-07-2022, 08:12 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Miami:

All I'm attempting to show is that, in spite of DeSantis's appearing to downplay this issue, there is a general acceptance of it's seriousness and a concern by MANY people. Contrary to the premise often seen on here that Florida is not in the least concerned and in thrall to their Governor with those seeking tests being all "stupid" or "brainwashed lefties".

Why on earth do so many of you desire to create infantile, partisan whole cloth out of the most significant and life altering event to have happened to the world in general since the last world war?
There are testing sites.

My neighbor is a nurse and manned a testing site at her federal clinic during the height of COVID hysteria last year.

They ended up closing it because no one came. The last day she manned it, 8 hours in the heat, she had 1 person show for a test.

One. That's where all those "tests" went. Unused. Because there was no testing frenzy.

Old 01-07-2022, 08:12 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Miami:

THIS.....DeSantis is politically making grand statements....but the reality of how people are choosing to live is something else.

I saw as many people wearing masks in stores in Sarasota as I did in Boston stores.

I don't really know what the Massachusetts Governor is saying and what he did or didn't mandate but I suspect he is not as dismissive of policies regarding masks, vaccines, etc.

I will add -- DeSantis is clever. When things are bad and you are feeling heat in your state -- blame the FEDS. When the numbers go down and folks start noting how 'good' Florida is doing -- take the victory lap.

All The while not really doing anything other than making grand gestures to defy any policy from the Democrat federal govt. and its agencies.

It's not a dumb move.

Old 01-07-2022, 08:18 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Folks in Florida don't need to worry about Covid.

Covid is a hoax. No worse the a cold or a flu. Those who die week after week were not healthy in the first place. Cullng the herd. Developing herd immunity with the ones who survive.

Why people are making such a fuss out is a mystery.

Drink plenty of fluids. Sleep on your stomach.

Most of you will be just fine.

Old 01-07-2022, 08:18 AM

43,116 posts, read 18,281,341 times
He's leaving it up to people to decide how much they want to do to protect themselves.
Nothing wrong with that.

Old 01-07-2022, 08:24 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
There are testing sites.

My neighbor is a nurse and manned a testing site at her federal clinic during the height of COVID hysteria last year.

They ended up closing it because no one came. The last day she manned it, 8 hours in the heat, she had 1 person show for a test.

One. That's where all those "tests" went. Unused. Because there was no testing frenzy.
What does last year have to do with today's demonstrated concern?

Neighbors and friends are clearly "aware" or "thinking" about it to the extent that ALL drug stores in the immediate area are sold out of the home test kits and those massive car line-ups at the RP Funding Center, among other sites, are occurring DAILY.

Old 01-07-2022, 08:27 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,082,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
He's leaving it up to people to decide how much they want to do to protect themselves.
Nothing wrong with that.
How it should be. However, the COVID Cult demands government hand-holding.

Old 01-07-2022, 08:28 AM

3,647 posts, read 1,602,875 times
The 1000 bed Baptist hospitals in Jax, FL has 14 covid patients in ICU, as of today Jan 7. 138 non ICU. In FL 1/4 in ICU are covid.

Do note that the news reports mostly in NYC which has 27,000 people per sq mile. FL is very spread out and population dense in a few areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies