Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 05:38 PM

40,973 posts, read 49,295,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceofthis12 View Post
So, if having a vagina is a pre-requisite for using a women's bathroom, how would you determine whether someone is a woman or not?
I don't really care if a woman wants to crap in a mans bathroom. In my life I've seen dozens of women go in mens at conventions, concerts where the line are much shorter.

If they want to do it, does not matter to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2022, 05:48 PM

2,358 posts, read 1,159,132 times
Best handled by one of our appointed leaders.
Ask this dude:

Old 01-07-2022, 06:17 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,043,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedster24 View Post
Best handled by one of our appointed leaders.
Ask this dude:
He looks REDICULOUS! He as no business in bathrooms, lockerrooms, showers, etc, with women and little girls.

Old 01-08-2022, 08:53 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,542,869 times
Amy Schneider earned over a million dollars so far in her 28-day win streak. How’d you guys do in your last 28 days’ work?

Every day she’s on has to just p*** y’all off even more.

I’m loving it.

Old 01-08-2022, 09:45 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,402,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsushi View Post
Not sure if I'm pro or anti anything, but here is what I know.

Modern science has revealed what we used to think was binary (male vs. female) is actually a more nuanced thing.

It's not 1 and 0, but more like spectrum.

One end of the spectrum, you may have what you consider normal man. On the other hand, you may have what you consider normal female. But between both ends, things are not so clear cut.

For example, there are people who are born with male chromosome but with female exterior. There are other people who are born with female chromosome but with male exterior.

I'm not a doctor, but I have science background, and this is how I understand non-binary people from reading about them.
This is 100% wrong.

Old 01-08-2022, 09:48 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,402,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily76 View Post
As for those transgender 'female' athletes who won the medal, do they really feel they won through a fair play?
They don't care. They're bullies. That's why they do it.

Old 01-08-2022, 09:51 PM

1,449 posts, read 677,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
They don't care. They're bullies. That's why they do it.
Absolutely.

Old 01-08-2022, 10:34 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,779,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
For those who believe a person can be whatever gender s/he chooses, help me understand what female and male mean. Maybe I'm just too old and science-minded to get it, but I actually am quite open-minded in general.

Lately I've seen a lot of articles about the current transgender Jeopardy champion, Amy Schneider, being the biggest winning female in Jeopardy history. What does that even mean? Why is it important to talk about Amy as being the winningest female, if anyone can simply decide they are male or female?

Does male and female actually mean anything meaningful anymore?
You make a good point. There seem to be two completely different and conflicting schools of thought about this on the left. On the one hand we are told that trans people were "born in the wrong body", that they absolutely are, and always were, the sex they've transitioned into. Caitlyn was always Caitlyn and never really Bruce, etc. But from people in the same circles we also hear that gender is totally fluid and not set at all.

Old 01-08-2022, 10:44 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,779,929 times
Quote:
You need help at not being rude.
I understand your frustration. Your first post makes it clear that you're asking for someone to explain the confusing, contradictory attitudes of the pro-trans movement. But half the people posting here seem to think you personally are promoting these views. It's quite an amazing display of stupidity...

Last edited by The Dark Enlightenment; 01-09-2022 at 12:01 AM..

Old 01-08-2022, 10:59 PM

2,140 posts, read 363,927 times
Quote:
For those who believe a person can be whatever gender s/he chooses, help me understand what female and male mean. Maybe I'm just too old and science-minded to get it, but I actually am quite open-minded in general.

Lately I've seen a lot of articles about the current transgender Jeopardy champion, Amy Schneider, being the biggest winning female in Jeopardy history. What does that even mean? Why is it important to talk about Amy as being the winningest female, if anyone can simply decide they are male or female?

Does male and female actually mean anything meaningful anymore?
I think the best way to approach this issue is to stop the stigmatizing. Personally, I think almost all people are on a spectrum - or all are on a spectrum of sexuality, whether they choose to address it or not.

I had a mostly gay dad (I exist, so…). I grew up seeing folks who loved each other (I did not see private things) - gender didn’t matter. I was a kid. It was nothing to me. I thought it was healthy.

Who cares? Everyone has friends, coworkers, bosses, etc. who are bi, gay any and everything and they don’t know it. Whay does that matter? In fact it doesn’t.

I’m so tired of folks stigmatizing other folks. It’s gross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies