Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 06:49 AM

6,473 posts, read 6,681,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I understand your frustration. Your first post makes it clear that you're asking for someone to explain the confusing, contradictory attitudes of the pro-trans movement. But half the people posting here seem to think you personally are promoting these views. It's quite an amazing display of stupidity...
Thank you dark. I actually expected to be lambasted for not buying into the concept of transgenderism hook, line, and sinker. I thought that voicing any skepticism about its reality was disallowed in this day and age. I don't buy it, I don't get it. But I would like to have at least a vague understanding of what people mean when they say a person is whatever gender they say they are. If it's that malleable, then the whole notion of gender seems completely meaningless to me.

If tomorrow Joe Biden declared he was a woman, would the headlines tell us we now have the first female president? That's no crazier than things we are seeing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2022, 06:52 AM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I guess I don't understand why people care so much. Unless we are about to have sex, I really don't see the relevance.

And I'm not into checking "equipment" when in a public restroom so heck if I know what someone is. Again I really don't care and don't understand why others do.

If I call someone a male or female regardless of what they call themselves, do I immediately go to heaven? Do I get a million dollars?

What is the point of caring in the first place?
My problem with it is the same as the OP's problem with it. What, exactly, does it mean when a male says they are 'female' or vice versa?

They aren't.

I don't give one toss if they want to walk around in dresses and wear make up. BUT, to then say, "I'm female" - no. No, they are not. I don't give a toss if a female wants to slouch, wear comfortable clothes, cut their hair really short, whatever. BUT, to then say, "I'm male" - no. No, they are not.

Does 'being a female' mean "I wear dresses and make up"? Is that all it means to some?

Does 'being a female' mean "I like things that most girls like"? Is that all it means to some?

Does 'being a male' mean "I like to climb trees and get dirty"? Is that all it means to some?

Does 'being a male' mean "I like to wear clothes that males typically wear"? IS that all it means to some?

What, EXACTLY, does it mean when someone of one gender claims they are another gender?

HOW ABOUT THIS, instead: Dress however the hell you want. Do whatever activities that you like (legal activities, of course). Talk however you want. Walk however the hell you want. Work whatever job you want to work.

NO ONE CARES.

But to say, as a male, that you're now 'female', or as a female that you're now 'male' simply because you 'feel like one' needs to be defined. What, exactly, does that mean?

How does one 'feel' like another gender when they've never been that gender?

If it's based off of interests - that doesn't change their gender.

Old 01-09-2022, 06:52 AM

27,576 posts, read 28,680,428 times
Males are the dominant sex. Females are the subordinate sex. Males bring home the bacon. Females rear the children.

That’s how it’s been throughout history. Anything else is just a blip on the radar screen, for playtime only.

Old 01-09-2022, 06:56 AM

6,473 posts, read 6,681,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
Amy Schneider earned over a million dollars so far in her 28-day win streak. How’d you guys do in your last 28 days’ work?

Every day she’s on has to just p*** y’all off even more.

I’m loving it.
Amy's earnings have nothing to do with anything (but since you asked, yeah sometimes my investments grow that much in 28 days. So what?)

What does it mean to you that Amy is described as the winningest female in Jeopardy history?

If Amy was described as "the winningest redhead" in Jeopardy history, I know I'd be thinking
1. Amy is not a redhead, so why describe this person that way?
2. If the term redhead can mean anything that anyone wants it to mean, then why divide people into redhead and otherwise?

Old 01-09-2022, 06:57 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsushi View Post
Not sure if I'm pro or anti anything, but here is what I know.

Modern science has revealed what we used to think was binary (male vs. female) is actually a more nuanced thing.

It's not 1 and 0, but more like spectrum.

One end of the spectrum, you may have what you consider normal man. On the other hand, you may have what you consider normal female. But between both ends, things are not so clear cut.

For example, there are people who are born with male chromosome but with female exterior. There are other people who are born with female chromosome but with male exterior.

I'm not a doctor, but I have science background, and this is how I understand non-binary people from reading about them.

This is all well and good until you start expecting people to guess your chromosomal makeup.

If you look like a man, most people are going to assume that you're a man.

Regardless of how you dress or do your makeup.

Old 01-09-2022, 07:02 AM

18,460 posts, read 8,287,342 times
gays and drag queens.....everything after that is just fluff

imagine how silly it would be to have this many categories of straight people

Old 01-09-2022, 07:04 AM

35,709 posts, read 21,070,199 times
The parts distinguish the sex. Male or female. Anomalies happen- birth defects happen lord a child was born with out a brain and is thriving now. However, we are a very complicated machine. A baby was born with 3 genes instead of two. He did not fit the book profile for what he had. I asked why? # 1 Geneticists said - I don’t know, maybe the protoplasm This shows there are other things at play when we are made. I can’t figure out why my sister has AB neg blood. Nobody else in the family does. And no, not a different dad.
Some have emotional issues. Others are wired differently and can’t learn like others. Genuses are looked as stupid early in life. They just don’t “fit “ the norm. They are different for whatever reason. It’s Nona our business. Get a life and work on your own issues.

Old 01-09-2022, 07:07 AM

8,772 posts, read 5,062,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
Amy Schneider earned over a million dollars so far in her 28-day win streak. How’d you guys do in your last 28 days’ work?

Every day she’s on has to just p*** y’all off even more.

I’m loving it.
Amy may be smart....but Amy is still a man.

Old 01-09-2022, 07:09 AM

35,709 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Question. Do men have more issue with this than women??

Old 01-09-2022, 07:14 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Question. Do men have more issue with this than women??

Maybe you should ask biological female athletes how they feel about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies