Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2022, 05:17 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times

Advertisements

Biden isn't fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2022, 05:58 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
yeah, like any Democrat that didn't support Obama. Racists.
I didn't but I'm an independent not a Democrat. Yet I am most definitely not racist.

Old 01-15-2022, 06:11 PM

13,471 posts, read 4,301,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I didn't but I'm an independent not a Democrat. Yet I am most definitely not racist.
Under the new left rules, you are if you don't support them. Like Biden called everybody a racist if you didn't support them in getting rid of the filibuster. It's like calling half the country terrorists if you don't support war in the Middle East. That's not Trump, that's the Democrats.

Old 01-15-2022, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Under the new left rules, you are if you don't support them. Like Biden called everybody a racist if you didn't support them in getting rid of the filibuster. It's like calling half the country terrorists if you don't support war in the Middle East. That's not Trump, that's the Democrats.
I do largely because unlike my Senator I know that working across aisle isn't possible today. It was when Biden was because members of both sides talked together. Now except for the softball game, they can barely stand to be in the same room together. How can we expect both sides to honestly work together if they don't communicate with eachother.

Lemme ask SanJuanStar, do you want Republicans to work with Democrats?

Old 01-15-2022, 06:20 PM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Or calling parents concerned about their children's education "domestic terrorists." Or "Let's Go Brandon" as hate speech.
Quote:
I'll answer "yes" as long as it goes both ways.

Old 01-15-2022, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Or calling parents concerned about their children's education "domestic terrorists." Or "Let's Go Brandon" as hate speech.
That is a stretch for both. The domestic terrorism for those that are against what is going on in school are actively making threats against the staff at a school for having their children wear masks or some claim of CRT being taught at the school. It isn't all concerned parents, just ones threatening school staff. As a member of a school staff, I shouldn't be threatened. I don't mind being asked if there is CRT because I can tell you there isn't and I often address issues in history that are controversial with the line "I may not fully agree, with X but that is the way it was at the time..."

As for "Let's go Brandon" that isn't hate speech, it is stupid and divisive. I don't get why people must put political beliefs on their cars or trucks as a bumper sticker or a flag.

Quote:
I'll answer "yes" as long as it goes both ways.
I wish both sides could, but if one side doesn't wish to negotiate (which is what we've seen since the Obama years and partially what pushed me away from the Republican Party I'n 2013 with the September government shutdown) how can we expect to be able to get anything done in Congress? For now, I think the filibuster should be put away until we can see both sides willing to come to the table. Right now, we haven't seen that, even with the COVID bills when Trump was in office...

Old 01-15-2022, 06:38 PM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
I wish both sides could, but if one side doesn't wish to negotiate (which is what we've seen since the Obama years and partially what pushed me away from the Republican Party I'n 2013 with the September government shutdown) how can we expect to be able to get anything done in Congress? For now, I think the filibuster should be put away until we can see both sides willing to come to the table. Right now, we haven't seen that, even with the COVID bills when Trump was in office...
The filibuster is one thing that forces both parties to the table, actually. Otherwise it's like a parliamentary majority in Britain or Canada; dictatorship between elections but here, without the fun of a monarch or Governor General to at least be a theoretical check.

Old 01-15-2022, 07:22 PM

13,471 posts, read 4,301,426 times
Quote:
I do largely because unlike my Senator I know that working across aisle isn't possible today. It was when Biden was because members of both sides talked together. Now except for the softball game, they can barely stand to be in the same room together. How can we expect both sides to honestly work together if they don't communicate with eachother.

At what cost? It's hard to work with the other side when they accuses you of being a racist, anti-immigrant, a Russian asset and if you don't agree with them you are a traitor. Biden had the power to cool down the rhetoric but he went postal and triple down in calling half the country racist and calling Jim Crow on steroids for just demanding ID's

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 01-15-2022 at 08:27 PM..

Old 01-15-2022, 08:31 PM

Quote:
At what cost? It's hard to work with the other side when they accuses you of being a racist, anti-immigrant, a Russian asset and if you don't agree with them you are a traitor. Biden had the power to cool down the rhetoric but he went postal and triple down in calling half the country racist and calling Jim Crow on steroids for just demanding ID's
This has existed long before Biden and you know that. Stop deflecting and answer the damn question. Do you want Republicans working with Democrats, yes or no?

Old 01-15-2022, 08:33 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Every thing "President" Biden has been doing has been a complete failure since the beginning of the summer.

It just gets worse and worse. Americans are absolutely suffering, the COVID is many times worse than it has ever been.

Many in nursing homes are getting COVID with overwhelmed Certified Nursing Assistants working with COVID-19 while Joe Biden gets his nursing home care with a team of the best physicians and nurses in the luxurious oval office.

Many small businesses that were growing due to Trump's low-inflation will be closing for good because "President" Biden hyper-inflation agenda.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...trayed-us-all/
Anyone who does not have the same thoughts about Biden, is either a blind partisan sheep, or is aligned with him and his tribe to destroy the country
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies