Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2022, 10:36 AM

50,382 posts, read 64,034,538 times

Advertisements

They elected her, they must like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2022, 10:40 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Lori Lightfoot is a "law and order" mayor, defy her vaccine orders by fines can be up to $10,000.

Amazing, how Lori Lightfoot allows violent gang members to take over her Chicago but serve dinner to someone without a vaccine or allow an unvaccinated 5 years inside a recreational facility and she will send law enforcement to write a big ticket.

One of Lightfoot's law enforcement deployments was to a "children's play place" because children 5 or older must be vaccinated to enter recreational facilities.

She is also summoning law enforcement and citing small mom and pop restaurants and fitness centers for having unvaccinated patrons eating inside small restaurants and working out without full vaccination.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...tatus-patrons/

https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/site...quirement.html
Democrats are insane. They cannot "shut down the virus" with vaccines or masks, and punishing innocent people will only further erode and already struggling economy. The woman has more than a murder a day in her city, and she is focused on stupid stuff.

Old 01-30-2022, 10:43 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I do feel sorry for the innocent people who are suffering under Democrat rule. But I gotta tell ya, when I see a Democrat voter banging their head bloody against a brick wall, I really don't give a flying rat's ass anymore.

Take California for example, they had their chance to get rid of a moron governor, so CA can deteriorate into chaos under Democrat rule, for all I care.

Old 01-30-2022, 10:46 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
That is a nasty little troll they have running Chicago. She should hook up with Gollum.
She should hook up with a 10 x 10 jail cell. Don't worry, if we look hard enough like they did with Trump, we will find corruption.

Old 01-30-2022, 10:50 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
File this idea in the same bin as the gun control farce. They can go after the law abiding restaurants and the law abiding gun owners because they will suffer repercussions if they do not comply but criminals by nature flaunt the law.

Actually tackling the crisis of the gangs shooting each other is going to be difficult and not pretty, think allegations of racism considering who is actually doing the shooting, and cracking down on the criminals could become a PR nightmare for the elected.

It is far easier, less costly and far less dangerous to clamp down on the more compliant law abiding.

Old 01-30-2022, 11:02 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
It came down to potentially the lesser of two relatively inexperienced candidates, both Democrat.

I don’t recall the last time a Republican ran for mayor in Chicago. Other than a small area of the NW side, there is no support.

Even if a Republican ran and hell froze over and won, he/ she would face a super majority city counsel, many of whom make Lightfoot look moderate. And then there’s the teacher’s union…

There are 130 municipalities in Cook County. Many are trending increasingly Independent or purple. There are more registered voters in suburban Cook County than voters in the city.

The violence in Chicago, which continues to be mostly contained to certain neighborhoods, needs to be the city’s top priority.

That requires a MONUMENTAL shift in terms of county bail, prosecution, sentencing and parole.

And it requires more $ for more state prisons or figure out how to outsource incarceration to other states.

Old 01-30-2022, 11:05 AM

5,072 posts, read 2,182,519 times
Quote:
Yep you get what you vote for

Old 01-30-2022, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
File this idea in the same bin as the gun control farce. They can go after the law abiding restaurants and the law abiding gun owners because they will suffer repercussions if they do not comply but criminals by nature flaunt the law.

Actually tackling the crisis of the gangs shooting each other is going to be difficult and not pretty, think allegations of racism considering who is actually doing the shooting, and cracking down on the criminals could become a PR nightmare for the elected.

It is far easier, less costly and far less dangerous to clamp down on the more compliant law abiding.
Writing 11 citations against non compliant restaurants in a city with 20,000 restaurants is hardly clamping down.

The jaw dropping number of firearms recovered have nothing to do with law- abiding people, unless one considers selling firearms out of the trunk of a car/ SUV to anyone with cash, to be a hobby.

While firearms cannot be legally sold in the city, that’s not the case in the surrounding suburbs where straw purchasers are common. Same deal in adjacent Indiana.

Federal ATF have been working with the city for years to trace all recovered firearms.

Old 01-30-2022, 11:16 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,138,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I continue to dine inside restaurants in Chicago and suburban Cook County, 4-5 x a week. I have yet to encounter a restaurant that is asking patrons for proof of vaccine.

Large groups are being seated together and the adjacent bars are packed, especially when a game is on.

There are about 20,000 restaurants in the city and according to local media, 16 were cited for failure to comply., early on.
I’m guessing things are more lax in the suburbs, because I’ve had the opposite experience in the city itself and almost every time I’ve dined out or gone to a bar I’ve shown proof of vax. I don’t think it’s a magic bullet but I don’t mind doing it either. The abuse some of these restaurant/bar workers have suffered at the hands of people upset about the vax requirements has been absolutely shameful especially given how difficult the last couple of years have been for that industry.

Old 01-30-2022, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Democrats are insane. They cannot "shut down the virus" with vaccines or masks, and punishing innocent people will only further erode and already struggling economy. The woman has more than a murder a day in her city, and she is focused on stupid stuff.
Hardly focused.

It’s a bone to the vocal groups demanding the mayor “ do something”.

Lightfoot is opposed to any sort of defunding the police initiative which puts her in the crosshairs of vocal groups who advocate for defunding, whatever the term means.

At the same time, she understands the financial toll of settling litigation for use of excessive force and wrongful death that have plagued the city for serious decades. With public and private camera and cell phones everywhere, it has become more challenging for CPD and police departments everywhere to defend themselves when they crack heads.

Lightfoot in trying to appease everyone has managed to please no one. That’s inexperience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies