Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the moron be fired?
Yes 109 42.91%
Yes - deport her too 54 21.26%
No 65 25.59%
Educate her instead 26 10.24%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 12:52 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
Hopefully Whoppi will take this time off to get her growing obesity under control.
Fat chance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 12:54 PM

2,106 posts, read 980,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
Hopefully Whoppi will take this time off to get her growing obesity under control.
That’s not a very nice thing to say about her , Whoopi isn’t too bright , food might be her way out of not knowing what she’s talking about ..she needs some comfort food!

Old 02-03-2022, 12:57 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
sadly, I did.

"nuh uh"
"uh huh"
nuh uh"
uh huh" is not productive and makes up 28.5 pages.

read what I wrote.
Guess sometimes people just want to feel like they have said something novel. Go right on ahead…lol

Old 02-03-2022, 01:08 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Anthropologically, there are 3 major races, or 4, depending on who you are talking to.

Caucasian races (Aryans, Hamites, Semites)

Mongolian races (northern Mongolian, Chinese and Indo-Chinese, Japanese and Korean, Tibetan, Malayan, Polynesian, Maori, Micronesian, Eskimo, American Indian)

Negroid races (African, Hottentots, Melanesians/Papua, “Negrito”, Australian Aborigine, Dravidians, Sinhalese)

The 4th one is Australoid, removing Australian and Melanesians, who have dark skin and straight/wavy hair, from the Negroid race.

There are around 30 subgroups, and more than 5000 ethnicities.

Ashkenazi's are an ethnicity, with many genetic similarities found within unrelated people in the group.

But we are discussing racism, which in a modern sense, often does not only involve hatred toward one of the 3 major racial categories. It often involves hatred toward an ethnicity or racial subgroup.

If it is Whoopi's assertion that Hitler was not a racist, we can have that discussion, but it does seem like an absurd assertion. Doesn't it?
She should have said it was not only about race. One word.

Old 02-03-2022, 01:19 PM

10,876 posts, read 4,551,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Guess sometimes people just want to feel like they have said something novel. Go right on ahead…lol

lol so you post an example to be first? my god you cannot make this stuff up.

Old 02-03-2022, 01:21 PM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
She should have said it was not only about race. One word.
It wasn't only about one word either because she went on to qualify it, saying it was white on white, completely dissociating the ethnic part of the equation, which was the most significant factor.

If the beef was with the tiny percentage of Jews who were bankers, they wouldn't have killed all the Jewish tailors, bakers, mechanics, waitresses, engineers, doctors, children, housewives etc, etc, etc. They all died for only one reason. Their ethnicity.

If there was a common word specific for "hate of an ethnicity", we might be using that word instead, but as it stands we commonly use racism or racial discrimination in reference to ethnicities.

Personally, I can't stand cancel culture, and I don't think she should be canceled for what she said, even though I know she would be the first in line to cancel me if the shoe were on the other foot.

Old 02-03-2022, 01:24 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,445,464 times
Here are my thoughts on this. I don't think she should be fired. However the suspension should have been longer. You see. Whoopi is using the Anglo and anglo American racial complex that Jews are white. Yes that is a fact thet Jews are white in Anglo America. However in the German and European context on race. Jews are not white and Jews are a separate race. The Nazis. And when people on the view talking about the Nazis and Jews, they were not talking in the Anglo Saxon race terms but in the terms of Germany. This is where Whoopi failed to grasp and understand and how she offended many. And no, Whoopi did not mispoke or mispeak and said what she means and believes showing her pure ignorance.

ABC and parent company Disney learned alot from firing Roseanne Barr, and deep down Disney/ABC know That firing Roseanne Barr was the the wrong thing to do. The consequences of Roseanne Barr allowed Whoopi to have a suspension vs termination. And remember. Whoopi is also a thought leader like Joe Rogan, Bill Maher, and just like Roseanne Barr, Bill Maher and Joe Rogan, Whoopi is also a comic. And comedians at time say some way out there stuff. Comedians are some of the first to be canceled and face harsh repercussions. Again. She should not be fired. Slap on the rist and a discussion.

Old 02-03-2022, 01:29 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,995,963 times
What Whoopi said was correct. Hitler can say race, but he is wrong in doing so. Jews aren’t a different race they are a different religion. Oh I don’t like her as a person, but that isn’t the question. She is correct. Why should she apologize? Just because the a-hole Hitler say race doesn’t make him right in doing so. He clearly doesn’t know what that term means.

Old 02-03-2022, 01:35 PM

6,354 posts, read 2,903,321 times
What's with her appropriating Jewish culture by taking a Jewish name? Her real name is Caryn Johnson. She's one of those C Karens. Those are the worst! I still say deport. DEEport DEEport!!!

Old 02-03-2022, 01:47 PM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
What Whoopi said was correct. Hitler can say race, but he is wrong in doing so. Jews aren’t a different race they are a different religion. Oh I don’t like her as a person, but that isn’t the question. She is correct. Why should she apologize? Just because the a-hole Hitler say race doesn’t make him right in doing so. He clearly doesn’t know what that term means.
Ashkenazi Jews are an ethnicity in the strictest sense of the word. They are more than just a religion.

Do Christians or Muslims have to do a genetic panel when 2 of them are having a baby together?

Ashkenazi Jews do. Do you know why? Because their DNA is so similar that they have the same recessive genetic mutations. This makes certain recessive genetic diseases much more common than if they married anyone who is not an Ashkenazi Jew. You can find this in other ethnicities as well, but not in entire religions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies