Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 08:06 AM

585 posts, read 495,870 times

Advertisements

On Fox News they show a montage of Democrats who support it but then I read an article on Yahoo that states that it’s just a narrative Republicans are trying to push and most democrats don’t support it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 08:14 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
It was a dumb tag line someone came up with. A few people copied it. Since then, the Repubs have been trying to smear it on ALL Democrats.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:15 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times
My take is that most do not... I believe Biden does not either.

I've run into a single person who spoke in support of it.... and my take is he is an idiot.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:17 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Don’t think so. Seems supported by the younger crowd and a sprinkle of older folks.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:21 AM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
On Fox News they show a montage of Democrats who support it but then I read an article on Yahoo that states that it’s just a narrative Republicans are trying to push and most democrats don’t support it.
Many aren't supporting it but they're not speaking out against it either.

It was a concession to BLM and party fringe and even some places that started down the path of defund have sobered up as minority bodies piled up in subsequent crime and murder waves in those cities.

Partisan writers trying to dismiss it as some sort of false narrative by Republicans should probably spend their time calling out the defund types instead of trying to pretend it's not a real thing.

P.S. Far more pervasive than defund is the fact that a number of politicians have thrown their police forces under the bus. They may not have defunded but they have demoralized their police forces where any shooting, even of armed gang members can get them thrown under a bus.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:21 AM

9,423 posts, read 11,176,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
Yahoo is far left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
My take is that most do not... I believe Biden does not either.

I've run into a single person who spoke in support of it.... and my take is he is an idiot.
It is an idea pushed by idiots and uber-leftie commie revolutionaries. The police will be replaced by BLM thugs, the gangs we see looting stores in NYC and LA, or the hordes of illegal invader military-age males the CIA is flying into cities all over our country in the dead of night. That's the plan.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:23 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
It was a dumb tag line someone came up with. A few people copied it. Since then, the Repubs have been trying to smear it on ALL Democrats.
many dims in power do support it. your vegetative figurehead supported it.
and very few who don't support it speak out against it. that's no 'smear,' it's reality.

Senators Condemn Biden Plan To Defund, Deprive Police Of Critical Lifesaving Resources By Executive Fiat

Old 02-03-2022, 08:24 AM

1,378 posts, read 1,055,793 times
Left leaning blacks. Blacks do not commit crimes

Old 02-03-2022, 08:25 AM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Don’t think so. Seems supported by the younger crowd and a sprinkle of older folks.
Most of the younger crowd is naive or are your typical "bubble world" suburban liberal that has no real grasp of the situation having spent their whole life in nice places with no clue about urban realities.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:27 AM

6,675 posts, read 2,979,818 times
I am sure there are many who don't support or care enough about it.

But they obviously won't or can't get on air or social media and speak Against it.

when they do They'd get uncle tom'd out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies