Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2022, 09:12 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No you are wrong in your assertions that it is "money is against him because he is challenging 'the propaganda' by the 'Democratic' media. It is clear you are partisan and antivax judging by your post history. Sorry but of course the antivax sheeple would think Rogan is being "'Canceled' by the mainstream media because he dared challenge them." I mean Rogan is just saying what they agree with. It is more complex and complicated than that and you know deep down that to be true. The fact is he's had a number of quack-doctors on his show and people are finally getting tired of Spotify paying him to have a platform to put forth misinformation if not outright lies.

This isn't Rogan's first controversy on The Joe Rogan Experience though... His episode about aliens influenced Storm Area 51. He put several alt-right personalities including Alex Jones on his show. He also had climate deniers on his platform too. Hell, he put forth a conspiracy theory himself that the 2020 California wildfires were started by the left. Yet Spotify gave him 100m and pays their artists pennies...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jWWrE8Pe54
That video doesn't do much to help your case against Rogan.

He is not the first interview/talk show to have controversial or alternative view guests. He is not the first one to talk about UFOs or alternative medicine or climate change opinions. lol. Sounds like he is just a scapegoat for the left/ anti-free speech mob to target.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2022, 11:45 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That video doesn't do much to help your case against Rogan.

He is not the first interview/talk show to have controversial or alternative view guests. He is not the first one to talk about UFOs or alternative medicine or climate change opinions. lol. Sounds like he is just a scapegoat for the left/ anti-free speech mob to target.
I'm just stating this wasn't his first controversy, just one that he continues to have issues relating to.

Old 02-11-2022, 01:49 PM

2,284 posts, read 637,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
BBC News has several of the lies Rogan himself or his guests like Robert Malone have said on the JRE specifically about COVID-19, if you dare to expand your mind. https://www.bbc.com/news/60199614

Malone is a known quack. The medical community has largely disavowed him. The guy is a conspiracy theorist. Rogan said that the medical community wanted to silence Malone because if Ivermectin was 99% effective (it is unproven to work and definitely not 99% effective), vaccines are useless. https://inews.co.uk/culture/radio/jo...lained-1432482 Rogan is a danger to his 11m podcast listeners and their circles, Spotify has allowed and despite what "changes" they did is still allowing deadly missinformation. If you are fine with conservatives boycotting companies that are turning their backs in conservatives, you should be fine here. If not, shut the Hell up about canceling companies that stopped doing business with conservative groups.

Remember "just asking questions" is a weasel phrase for the antivax community. As someone who is antivax, you would know that. Rogan and a number of his quacks say that and you are doing it too.
I’m antivax because I believe I’m correct. Unlike your position (provax) where you swallowed everything your shepherds told you, I have to do my own research to come to my views because well, the mainstream is against me so to speak.

BBC is not an authority. Just because they say something is false doesn’t make it so.

I glanced your list and stopped at the first blatantly incorrect thing the BBC said. BBC said Malone’s statement these vaccines were “false” because they don’t alter your DNA.

This is false because gene therapy doesn’t require your DNA to be altered. Gene therapy is when genes (usually in the form of RNA) are inserted so you you make beneficial proteins. Other than the fact the Spike protein is not beneficial it can be considered a form of gene therapy as you’re having genes (for Spike) injected into your body.

So BBC is wrong. They either don’t know what they’re talking about or lying. They do both. Here I think it’s just plain ignorance. BBC is part of TNI (look it up) a propaganda organization.

Old 02-11-2022, 04:33 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
This (black) MMA guy has strong opinions about Rogan. lol (Not sure if anyone has posted this yet.) WARNING: Much language:

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkie/status...23047883980818

Old 02-11-2022, 04:50 PM

37,202 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
I’m antivax because I believe I’m correct. Unlike your position (provax) where you swallowed everything your shepherds told you, I have to do my own research to come to my views because well, the mainstream is against me so to speak.

BBC is not an authority. Just because they say something is false doesn’t make it so.

I glanced your list and stopped at the first blatantly incorrect thing the BBC said. BBC said Malone’s statement these vaccines were “false” because they don’t alter your DNA.

This is false because gene therapy doesn’t require your DNA to be altered. Gene therapy is when genes (usually in the form of RNA) are inserted so you you make beneficial proteins. Other than the fact the Spike protein is not beneficial it can be considered a form of gene therapy as you’re having genes (for Spike) injected into your body.

So BBC is wrong. They either don’t know what they’re talking about or lying. They do both. Here I think it’s just plain ignorance. BBC is part of TNI (look it up) a propaganda organization.
Where did you go to do your research, out of curiosity?

Old 02-11-2022, 05:13 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post

What makes you think you are correct? What data leads you to think this way? What evidence do you have? What proof do you have that Gene Therapy is indeed what the vaccines are doing and how exactly is it dangerous to be able to fight off disease? There is no proof that the mRNA vaccines are indeed a form of gene therapy.

As for TNI, which are you talking about there is Trusted News Initiative and Transnational Institute. Trust News Initiative was created largely due to COVID based on how much lies and misinformation was coming out. Often those were spread through various social media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Where did you go to do your research, out of curiosity?
I know, I wonder that too.

Old 02-12-2022, 07:41 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Just discovered that Baillie Gifford & Co owns a controlling interest in both Spotify and ModeRNA. Over 10% of the stock in both companies.

I think this controversy is over. It is to any rational, thinking person, anyway. If you're still caught up in it or think it has anything to do with "misinformation," you're a fool and have been duped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies