Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 06:18 AM

59,082 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperatrice View Post
If The Democratic Party cares so much about reducing poverty within their Black voter base why doesn't The Democratic Party encourage Blacks to go to trade schools as a way to get out of poverty.

I only see The Republican Party encouraging people to go to trade schools but NEVER The Democratic Party.
"why doesn't The Democratic Party encourage Blacks to go to trade schools"

I'd settle for just going to school and passing, legally!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2022, 06:23 AM

30,372 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
If it is natural for there to be differences in outcomes. Then when should there be laws against discrimination that can shape those disparities and differences between people?
Totally realistic to expect equal representation of Asians to blacks in the NFL and NBA and the same goes for black representation to Asians in engineering and computer science.

Old 02-10-2022, 06:24 AM

29,490 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
No. I won't get into why. The answer is obvious. Progressives live in a fantasy world. It's not even as much of a racial thing as it is cultural. When you have a culture that pushes people for perfection like say the Chinese, you can have lots of achievers. When you have a culture that makes excuses for people and tells them they are victims, they are never going to get anywhere.
You saved me from typing out a long reply. You nailed it right on the head with your statement.

Old 02-10-2022, 06:34 AM

20,726 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Not so long as it correlates to single mothers .....

Old 02-10-2022, 06:49 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperatrice View Post
In Charles Barkley's autobiography book he said visited a Black inner city high school in Birmingham many years ago and he said he was extremely disappointed that the number of Black teens who told him they wanted to become either actors, music artists, or sports athletes vastly outnumbered the Black teens who told him they wanted to become coders, or engineers, or scientists, or doctors for example.
Those teens, with IQs mostly in the 80-90 range, were more realistic about their ambitions than Barkley was on their behalf. Why would kids who find grade-level math impossibly hard dream of growing up to make a living in professions that rely on mathematical ability? I wonder if Sir Charles ever seriously thought he would become anything other than an athlete.

Quote:
The point is the racial demographics of career fields in The U.S not involving sports or entertainment is never going to satisfy the racial equity crowd. Different racial demographics on average have different hobbies/interests that's just a fact.
Different hobbies and interests, yes, but also different levels of ability in different areas. And that's the crucial point.
Quote:
The overwhelming vast majority of Indian guys for example have zero interest in ever wanting to play for The Golden State Warriors or become a rapper for Rick Ross's Maybach Music Group label.
If the Indian guy is big, tall, fast and can jump through the roof, like Barkley in his prime, you can bet he's going to be interested in the NBA.

Old 02-10-2022, 06:59 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The average black 12th grader has the same reading comprehension as the average white 8th grader.

The left's response is to live in a fantasy world and remove the tests for being racist and then oppress Asians and whites with systemic racism.

Until black students leaving high school read at an adult level, you can't expect them to achieve at the same rate as the most successful race in the US, Asians.
The average Black person has been doing worse than the average White person for the last 200 years. The average Black person has been in worse schools than the average White person. The way I see it, the average Black person has always been poorer, more downtrodden, and under more problems than anyone else.

Old 02-10-2022, 07:01 AM

43,111 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The average Black person has been doing worse than the average White person for the last 200 years. The average Black person has been in worse schools than the average White person. The way I see it, the average Black person has always been poorer, more downtrodden, and under more problems than anyone else.
And the media/government does all it can to make sure that Blacks always consider themselves victims of society.

We have AA because Blacks can't do it on their own and "need help".
That is the stereotype perpetuated by the government.

Old 02-10-2022, 07:08 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:

Umm, did your history book stop at 200 years ago? How were those people doing in Africa before Africans sold them into slavery to the white man (and every other race that wanted them)?

Old 02-10-2022, 07:18 AM

29,490 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
The big question is why ? I'm going to use Detroit as an example. I'm 53 and have lived in the metro Detroit for the majority of my life. Most of the news on the TV is about Detroit. Some things that I've noticed the last few decades is the $100's of millions that get pumped into Detroit to help the economy, housing , black owned businesses, children, etc. As far as the Detroit public school system, more was being spent per student than the Birmingham schools, which is one of the wealthiest areas in the state.

And with all this, I haven't seen much change in Detroit. The school system is the worst in the state, business open with the intent of hiring people from the city first and can't fill spots. Violence is on the rise,etc. All that investment into the city for the specific purpose of helping the black community and I don't see much of a return.

Last edited by scarabchuck; 02-10-2022 at 07:29 AM..

Old 02-10-2022, 07:21 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,076,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Has any country ever had equal outcomes between people in their population?

Checkout the conversation here starting at 30:00 to about 40:00.

Equal outcomes between racial groups is mathematically impossible. But their are many countries where the wealth either so large that racial disparities are meaningless to the conversation, or both groups are so close to each other that no one cares about the wealth gap. Many of these countries are Islands.

Also any country with a high mixed race population had a substantial history of different races within the same class interacting. So most of Latin America, parts of Africa and Asia falls into that category today.

As time goes on if your truly a society were theirs some level of racial equity in wealth, then White Americans, Black Americans, Hispanic Americans and Asian Americans would all mix to the point were these terms would become irrelevant.

People forget that Italian, Portuguese and Irish Americans started of with income gaps just as big as the Black-White gap in many cases and all of those groups as well as Eastern Europeans are pulling towards the white average.

Six countries that are rapidly heading towards no large racial gap in achievement in the first world are.

England/UK
New Zealand
Australia
Canada
Ireland
Germany

Some non-first world countries
Mauritius

Like I said their are other countries too. Botswana, Rwanda and Malaysia are some non-first world countries that will probably also hit similar milestones but you have to stretch the definition of race in those countries.

Last edited by NigerianNightmare; 02-10-2022 at 07:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies