Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2022, 06:02 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,668,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
This is because you are being subsidized by everybody else. One day they will get around to taxing your EV to pay for the roads like everybody else does. They will wait until more people switch and then you will be held ransom.
Also, how much do we wanna bet that the outlet that poster plugs into relies on a coal fired plant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2022, 06:11 AM

20,101 posts, read 9,008,929 times
No worries, Biden is considering freezing the federal gas tax. That 18 cents will bring the price down to $6.82 a gallon. Biden; -- a man of the people.

Old 02-22-2022, 06:27 AM

1,810 posts, read 898,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
patiently waiting for my electric car..dealer called and said 3/11 delivery... I did the math the other day for gas for my wife and I and it was literally 600 dollars for the month.
Do you really think the electricity to charge your car is going to be free?

Old 02-22-2022, 06:32 AM

24,475 posts, read 17,215,678 times
Expensive gas is good news for the Progressives and their big push to electric cars. The thing is what will the people that cannot afford an electric car do which is the majority of the country? I can hear Biden now "Get walking Buddy".

Elections have consequences and Stolen Elections are even worse.

Old 02-22-2022, 06:40 AM

4,295 posts, read 1,554,986 times
If they can't, guess roads will be quieter. Oh well.

To be clear, if Americans can afford fast food prices currently, they can afford gasoline as they should be more dependent on it (sometimes you wonder) to get to work etc. Time to reassess priorities.

Last edited by Winterbeard; 02-22-2022 at 06:50 AM..

Old 02-22-2022, 06:50 AM

33,569 posts, read 18,152,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
patiently waiting for my electric car..dealer called and said 3/11 delivery... I did the math the other day for gas for my wife and I and it was literally 600 dollars for the month.
How do you think we get electricity? With everyone having to get electric cars don't you think the supply and demand will bring high electric costs??? We should all have choices. Our grid cannot handle all electric cars. Think deeper.

Old 02-22-2022, 06:58 AM

23,970 posts, read 15,072,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
How do you think we get electricity? With everyone having to get electric cars don't you think the supply and demand will bring high electric costs??? We should all have choices. Our grid cannot handle all electric cars. Think deeper.
Perhaps that EV driver has solar panels or a wind driven generator on the roof.

Old 02-22-2022, 07:00 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,811,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
No worries, Biden is considering freezing the federal gas tax. That 18 cents will bring the price down to $6.82 a gallon. Biden; -- a man of the people.
Biden and the dems need Russia to invade Ukraine. If you watch the news, they are already paving the narrative for Biden, so stupid Americans will blame Putin for all of our financial woes.

Too bad that Biden took away our energy independence in his first few days in office. If we had that, we would not be talking about $7/gal gas.

California is nearing $5 a gal now. When the "summer" blend hits at the same time of the invasion, look out!

Old 02-22-2022, 07:01 AM

33,569 posts, read 18,152,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Fan the flames much? lol

IMO, a lot of people drive gas guzzlers and they simply cannot afford it. Too many people in this country live paycheck to paycheck. Many coasted through school and are where they are for a reason. While I'm being critical, most Americans are terrible at financial planning too. If you want gas (budget) to drop in 1/2, then dump your pick-up truck (as well your big-ass truck payment) and buy something that gets 30/miles per gallon.

Actually, I wish they would tax the crap out of gas. Then reduce my income taxes by the same amount. I'm not saying we all need to drive crackerjack cars. Rather, stop buying gas guzzlers. While we are talking about people coasting in school, too many American morons think climate change is a joke as well. Rant off.

The reality is if Russia invades, gas will go up to $5 a gallon. Broke people with gas guzzlers might need to reconsider their next car purchase.
Many people have children and have to have a bigger vehicle.

I drive an Expedition most of the time and I can haul anything. I stock up on water, mulch, bigger items. I don't have to pay for delivery. Those that have things delivered will have to pay a much higher price because trucking it will increase with higher fuel prices. I also have a two seater convertible and a Harley with three tour packs if it really gets bad. I have choices.

How is that electric grid doing in California ?

Old 02-22-2022, 07:07 AM

33,322 posts, read 12,511,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I'm in LA right now, I think it was just under $5/gallon for the premium my car required yesterday here in LA.

The reset is going to require about $15/gallon.
I saw a photo a few days ago, taken that day, of $6.21 9/10 in the L.A. metro.

I'm guessing full serve somewhere on the Westside, or somewhere near LAX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies