Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2022, 01:48 PM

10,872 posts, read 4,540,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post

If killing people is a problem to you: more than 10,000 Russian civilians living in Donbass have perished since 2014 as a result of deliberate aggression by Ukrainians wielding military weaponry -

and as you know and stated you know, more than 13000 Ukrainian civilians living in Donbass since 2014 as a result of russian backed terrorists wielding military weaponry.

therefore....Your point???

Old 05-04-2022, 01:50 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
more.

Quote:
Now I know where your sources of information come from.
No you do not, but thankfully my sources are much better than the MSM. My sources told me that Russiagate was a hoax.... it was. My sources told me the accusations against Brett Kavanaugh were a lie... they were. And so forth.

Quote:
Long Live the free Republic of Donbass renamed in "Putin's People's Republic of Dumbbass".
Had the Ukrainian government actually kept its obligations under the Minsk Agreements, the Donbass region would have remained under Ukrainian administration even as it would have enjoyed a measure of autonomy. Russia would have stayed out of the picture - and rightfully so, as Russia was not a signatory to the Minsk Agreements.

Ukraine however not only did not do its part, but failed to stop Ukrainian extremists from murdering Donbass civilians.

Didn't you know this? I think you need to stop using this emoticon.

Quote:
I am cheering up for the day it comes true. All at once... these people will become free, and find themselves in eternal Nirvana.

Seriously, I am not sure the people of Donbass will get what they are looking for in the event they are annexed to Russia. i have heard, (some) people in Crimea are not too happy under Russian rule. At least, as part of Russia, they will still be alive, right?

Let's see what happens
That day is essentially here. Footage of elderly Donbass Russians in areas the Russian army has liberated have stated "we waited for you for 8 years."

The facts matter. Becoming acquainted with them is the starting point to any serious discussion of history and of geopolitical issues.

Old 05-04-2022, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Oh, polls, sure. Samples. That's all they are.

yeah, a poll, sample if you will would NEVER be accurate...

So we are to deposit 'math' next to 'history' in your column of "things I was never good at"?

cmon, think on these things before you speak.

Old 05-04-2022, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Russia is justified in doing what it has been doing.

Losing expensive military hardware in a foreign country. spectacularly. on tv.

Old 05-04-2022, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
yeah, a poll, sample if you will would NEVER be accurate...

So we are to deposit 'math' next to 'history' in your column of "things I was never good at"?

cmon, think on these things before you speak.
Thank you RetireinPA. If there is one thing about you which is consistent, it is your ability to entertain.

Old 05-04-2022, 01:54 PM

Quote:
and as you know and stated you know, more than 13000 Ukrainian civilians living in Donbass since 2014 as a result of russian backed terrorists wielding military weaponry.

therefore....Your point???
Making things up is not knowing history.

This from the guy who tells other posters they're bad at history.

Two big chuckles in a few minutes. You're on a roll.

Old 05-04-2022, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
A little walk down memory lane:
Even before the United States entered World War II in December 1941, America sent arms and equipment to the Soviet Union to help it defeat the Nazi invasion. Totaling $11.3 billion, or $180 billion in today’s currency, the Lend-Lease Act of the United States supplied needed goods to the Soviet Union from 1941 to 1945.
https://ru.usembassy.gov/world-war-i...ion-1941-1945/
And?

Old 05-04-2022, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Losing expensive military hardware in a foreign country. spectacularly. on tv.
Oh, and they also occupied a land area about the size of the UK in days. Don't forget that.

Old 05-04-2022, 02:20 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:

Russia will win this war.
Wrong. No one will win this war.

Putin made a HUGE mistake in starting this invasion. His army has suffered major losses, including many young Russian soldiers and at least 10 generals killed, and total loss of credibility in the world. The Ukrainian people will now have a smoldering hatred for the Russians. Finland and Sweden may now join NATO. Russia will lose much of its oil market and remain a pariah nation.

If that's victory, I'd hate to see defeat.

Old 05-04-2022, 02:21 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,107 times
Quote:
Oh, polls, sure. Samples. That's all they are.

Broadly speaking, the U.S. public never granted its support to sending a $33bn aid package to Ukraine, all the more so much money is needed here. I for one would rather see money flow to strengthen the now porous U.S.-Mexico border, but then again, Biden said in a debate he'd surge it. That's one promise he kept.

Too bad he cares more about Ukrainian boundaries than American ones.
True...only because the legislation has not made it through congress yet....it has major bipartisan support (and after a few slap fights between the GOP and DNC over Covid) it's going to Biden's desk. Point is you have no clue what's going on here. None!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies