Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2022, 08:36 AM

2,284 posts, read 636,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Are they in Kiev yet? I've been watching non stop live feeds from multiple cameras in Kiev. While I'm not watching 24/7, each time I come back, everything is still standing, untouched.

Nothing. You see nothing happening, and just hear some traffic and birds in the background.

Where are they?
They seem to be getting their ducks in order for a prolonged siege. Think Sarajevo 1992-1995. They will not (my prediction) try and take the city as that will require completely destroying it.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:37 AM

24,606 posts, read 9,442,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
I mean they're going to win eventually at enormous cost to both sides
Yup, unlike Afghanistan, this war is not something Russia can afford to lose. Ukraine is the poorest country in Europe, if they can't win this one, it's a massive humiliation.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:40 AM

2,284 posts, read 636,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Yup, unlike Afghanistan, this war is not something Russia can afford to lose. Ukraine is the poorest country in Europe, if they can't win this one, it's a massive humiliation.
Well, it's one of the largest countries in Europe, alongside with Germany and UK and France in terms of population, but geographically it's the largest.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:40 AM

33,568 posts, read 18,150,665 times
Who is to say that Putin will stop at the taking of Ukraine? I don't trust Putin and anything he says. Will Putin keep marching to create world war III?

Old 03-01-2022, 08:43 AM

78,352 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedster24 View Post
It seems they're all lined up for a kill shot by some airpower. Why hasn't this happened yet?
Because Russia isn't fighting a country with those capabilities vs. their air defense.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:44 AM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Yes. He's pretty much saying what's been on my mind. For starters, I do not trust the western media. It's all owned by a small group of corporations and their agenda is more money and power for themselves.

And it's not that I like Putin. He's charismatic, yes, but I don't trust him much. But the fact is, I don't trust NATO nor the western propaganda machine. And I follow this guy, he's had some good live footage of the convoy. Funny, Canada and the USA are supposed to be free but yet we have governments that want to make it mandatory to get a flu shot. Putin doesn't.
I just wrote this in another thread:

"Are they in Kiev yet? I've been watching non stop live feeds from multiple cameras in Kiev. While I'm not watching 24/7, each time I come back, everything is still standing, untouched.

Nothing. You see nothing happening, and just hear some traffic and birds in the background.

Where are they?"

You see news channel, all with the same title - that is from my YouTube "home" page the other day:

(Everyone got their talking points again.)

All talking about all these fights, one said a Russian soldier's last 'tweet' to his mom was, "I'm scared, mom" - which I don't believe, all kinds of heroic stories on one side, nothing but negative for the other, VIDEO GAME FOOTAGE being rolled out as live video of the conflict...https://www.consumersadvisory.com/vi...f-ukraine-war/

So, one wonders...what is really happening?

We aren't going to get the whole story from our "news" outlets.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 03-01-2022 at 08:52 AM..

Old 03-01-2022, 08:46 AM

2,690 posts, read 1,611,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Are they in Kiev yet? I've been watching non stop live feeds from multiple cameras in Kiev. While I'm not watching 24/7, each time I come back, everything is still standing, untouched.

Where are they?
Waiting for Biden to start the state of the union address.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:46 AM

27,154 posts, read 13,438,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Images show a 40 mile long convoy headed to Ukraine. When I heard this I thought Putin is not just going to take Ukraine he's going to keep marching.

I can't even imagine a 40 mile long convoy. At first I heard a three mile long convoy. Then I heard a seven mile long convoy. Now I hear a 40 mi long convoy being reported. With that kind of trucks and tanks rolling I don't see them just going to Ukraine. Putin is a madman.
If Russia is having trouble taking Ukraine, then I suggest they don't keep marching or they will eventually engage with NATO forces.

Putin can threaten the west all he wants be he's not the only one with nuclear weapons and if he did use them then Russia will be destroyed.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:50 AM

10,832 posts, read 4,517,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Your PhdD in public health doesn't qualify you to speak on this war, at least not authoritatively and knowledgeably.

When are you going to Ukraine?

lol and your what in what makes you? like I said, I have been looking at 6 months of your posts. You take the hot button issue du jour and troll the popular opinion.

cept this time, its global and no one is taking you seriously. no one on c-d, no one in the US (well perhaps the 26% of americans who are not fully on board and we dont know how fully they are not fully on board) and CERTAINLY not NATO and the EU.

I think we are looking at the first world and part of the second, finally deciding that 2000 years of endless 'european' conflict needs to stop and there is room at the table for everyone.

You are not russian, you are not soviet, to be fair you have not explicitly said you were during your false indignation you troll us with. You are an englishman behaving badly. and you are not honest in your discourse. I would place a healthy bet 4 weeks ago you could not place the concerned countries on a map. In fact, reading your posts, you seem to take pride in being if anything, a neo-nazi or at least ultra right wing? that is quite surprising.

have I left anything out?

At the very least stop insulting people. I am not one for censoring, but it IS getting old.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:53 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,585,453 times
No Russia is saying they invaded Ukraine to stop them from getting a nuclear weapon. With that excuse, they could invade most of the countries on Earth.
Moderators for US and World Forums
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.