Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2022, 09:31 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,786,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Let’s keep your eyes on the ball. It’s okay for Ukrainians to die because the US invaded Iraq? Bombing maternity hospitals is kosher because Libya? This is your argument and it’s a poor one.
Have you seen the show "The Americans"? Great show about Russian spies who came to America, established roots here while spying for their motherland Russia.

Old 03-11-2022, 09:41 PM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
That's irrelevant because Finland has no civil war on Russians going on, nor Nazis threatening neighbors.
Russia has zero interest in gloomy Finland.

lookattamap and get back to us on that

Old 03-11-2022, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
You are totally wrong. Russia was not interested in any conflict and tried to avoid it for months. According to the Nato notebook found by Russian forces, Ukraine was planning a big attack on Donbas and Crimea on March 8, in order to retake both regions as their military doctrine mandates. They were assured Nato support for that, which is why they are pissed now because Nato is not supporting them the way they hoped.

Nor does China have any real interest in Taiwan. They have been repeating their warnings for decades, but they have no interest in a conflict because both the PRC and Taiwan benefit from the status quo, trade is strong. Shooting people and stuff to peaces is not in line with China's mentality.

dude, you seemed like a fine basque separatist fisherman, until now...you are kinda going off the deep end for ??? reason...I dont see how there is any weenie in here for you

Old 03-11-2022, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
I opposed that 2014 coup when it happened.

??? what did you go on vacation to disney or something? I have to recall the convo, as it was 400+ pages ago, but your first mention HERE, was not even a month ago. So perhaps it did matter, but not to the degree that would make you write about it.

Old 03-11-2022, 09:50 PM

Quote:
As a poster who has been accused of being an apologist for Putin, my reply for that is: Putin does not wish to expand Russia's border.

other than the border he is at present - expanding

Old 03-11-2022, 09:53 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
other than the border he is at present - expanding
Does Russia wish to annex Ukraine?

Old 03-11-2022, 09:58 PM

1,139 posts, read 402,697 times
Quote:
You're Russian defending Putin, should you not know the answer to that? Is it not pretty clear what his intention are?

Old 03-11-2022, 10:01 PM

Quote:

I will answer this, but I fear you might not know the meaning of the word and how it applies here and therefore would not understand or accept the answer.

I keep telling people to look at a map of europe, but no one does...

Old 03-11-2022, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
You're Russian defending Putin, should you not know the answer to that? Is it not pretty clear what his intention are?

If he is russian then he is an expat who has lived in the usa for quite some time, he writes extensively on his adventures. if he is making it all up, wow, thats dedication.

Old 03-11-2022, 10:09 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
The_Sim_Mister, you said the U.S. had the legal right to go into Iraq whereas Russia didn't have the legal right to go into the Ukraine. You furthermore claimed U.S. foreign policy has never targeted civilian areas deliberately.

I wrote you a detailed reply containing URLs to Resolution 1441 (which you were the first to mention) as well as to a U.S. declaration from 2002 on authorization to use force in Iraq.

I also wrote you several examples of U.S. force being used against civilian targets spanning the European and Pacific theaters of World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War.

For whatever reason, you have chosen not to reply to that post (I do have an idea as to why), and since then, you have made ridiculous comments towards me.

In post #4777, you wrote to me, "Have you registered as foreign agent yet? How much is FSB paying you?" in response to a post I wrote to another poster and which I said it is against both U.S. and international law to assassinate a foreign country's leader.

And now, in post #4793, you wrote "You're Russian defending Putin."

Did you forget that you mentioned the issue of legality (in terms of invading a country)? Why did you make that comment when I made a point about the illegality under U.S. and international law of killing a foreign country's leader?

And why are you making these comments on how much the FSB is paying me, on registering as a foreign agent, on being Russian?

If you do not agree with me, you're more than entitled to do so; but, if you are going to make these posts, you're (to me at least) simply demonstrating you've got no arguments.

I provided you a point-by-point reply to your earlier claims, and I cited UN and U.S. documents as well as historical precedents to support my position.

I'm going to ask politely - refrain from these comments. If someone you thought was mistaken happens to have read at least a little bit of history, you need not agree, but do demonstrate more decorum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies