Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2022, 01:06 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,418,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
What does money have to do with what I said? Is money the only thing that matters? Good lord, leftists are a bunch of hypocritical materialistic degenerates.
Are you calling me a leftist now? You don't even know me. Not even going to address the toddler-like name-calling.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:07 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,204,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Yes, that worked so well with the last guy, Viktor Yanukovych. I believe he is holed up in Russia with his tail tucked firmly between his legs. 13 years of imprisonment for treason waiting for him if he ever decides to go back to Ukraine.
Yanukovych was overthrown in the Euromaidan coup. That is what started this mess. And the whole thing was being financed and coordinated by the United States.

Read the article...

https://www.cato.org/commentary/amer...aine-hypocrisy

I consider the United States and NATO ultimately responsible for what is happening in Ukraine. They believed they could bribe and bully their way across Europe, believing Russia was too weak to do anything about it.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:08 PM

1,135 posts, read 401,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
According to my news source, it's over for Ukraine. Some please me tell it isn't so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP_hSv16yfg
Honestly it was over before it even started. Russia military is number #2 in terms of the size and military capability. It's very simple, Russia likely to install pro Russia government and get out. They will also send it as a warning to any other country thinking of joining NATO like Finland and Sweden.

25,947 posts, read 24,734,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
According to my news source, it's over for Ukraine. Some please me tell it isn't so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP_hSv16yfg

I won't even watch it, WION is a crappy Indian propaganda site.

10,828 posts, read 4,513,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Do you think Russia has ANY intention of unleashing nukes in an adjoining country, that they intend to take over and call their own?

yes. it is long published soviet doctrine.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:09 PM

7,908 posts, read 3,453,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I can't help but to think the people filming these videos are a bit like people who film a lady getting raped or something on a subway. I mean, come on, their country is being taken over and their priority is filming it? Once the Russians occupy these places, what do you think they are going to do to the people who filmed this stuff?

Just a thought. I'm not saying they should or shouldn't be filming this rather than doing something else. I'm just saying it wouldn't be my priority if I saw Russian tanks on my main street.

Putin has always been a strongarm dictator type. He's always been pretty bold in his words. But it seems the lately, he's gone into some scary threats that I doubt he would have made some years ago. And because of his personality, I'd doubt he doesn't mean everything he says. I think he is getting crazier than he has been.
Or as he's getting older, things he was willing to put on his list of long term goals now have to be moved up. He's only got so much time left to reach whatever the endgame was for him, so patience is running thin.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:09 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,734,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
Honestly it was over before it even started. Russia military is number #2 in terms of the size and military capability. It's very simple, Russia likely to install pro Russia government and get out. They will also send it as a warning to any other country thinking of joining NATO like Finland and Sweden.
Is the old president still alive that was toppled in the coup in 2014? Maybe he could return and complete the rest of his term when it was interrupted, followed by elections...

Old 02-25-2022, 01:10 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,418,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Yanukovych was overthrown in the Euromaidan coup. That is what started this mess. And the whole thing was being financed and coordinated by the United States.

Read the article...

https://www.cato.org/commentary/amer...aine-hypocrisy
Aren't you the guy posting about Muslims and Trannies in the other thread? Speaking of trannies, is it still illegal to have this picture in mother Russia?
Attached Thumbnails
Russia has now invaded Ukraine-9600f852-51ea-4835-abcc-0bca7d34530b_4_5005_c.jpeg  

Old 02-25-2022, 01:10 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,204,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
yes. it is long published soviet doctrine.
Citation please.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:11 PM

5,167 posts, read 4,939,822 times
Default Russia Invades Ukraine and the U.N. is concerned about.....plastic!

Ahhh. Now I understand why we pay into the U.N. billions of dollars a year. Russia invades a sovereign nation and the U.N. is tackling a treaty to tackle plastic waste. Not a word from them in regards to the Russian aggression. Thank goodness for john kerry! Now we know what their priorities are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies