Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2022, 05:06 PM

26,832 posts, read 22,619,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Google maps has joined in The World War Against Russia by opening up its maps of Russian bases and strategic locations in high resolution.
Previously, these maps were available in a much lower resolution, but now everything can be seen by anyone - all aircraft, everything.

Never before has the world been so united against a common enemy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMtS...nel=UntoldNews

Google is not "the world united" but just specific part of the "world of technology," increasingly controlled by the left forces in the West as the practice shows, that considers Russia its enemy #1.

One can only wonder what's up with that.

Old 04-19-2022, 05:09 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,353,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Why else would Azov keep them there, in those bunkers, if they can get out during the announced "green corridors"?
The Turkey-brokered corridor to the west was announced in early March. It did not succeed. Per the IRC announcement:

Quote:
MARCH 6 - Amid devastating scenes of human suffering in Mariupol, a second attempt today to start evacuating an estimated 200,000 people out of the city came to a halt. The failed attempts yesterday and today underscore the absence of a detailed and functioning agreement between the parties to the conflict.
https://www.icrc.org/en/document/ukr...agree-specific
As noted earlier, the IRC official statements are studiously "neutral". This from a woman separated from her family in Mariupol. She volunteered at the reception center in Zaporizhzhia each day hoping they would appear, being told:

Quote:
MARCH 10 - But so far there is no sign of humanitarian access being allowed into Mariupol. “Every time they try to do it, there is no corridor, because Russian troops (are) shelling,” she said. “It’s impossible for buses to go and to evacuate people safely.”
https://www.hatafnews.com/europe/she...y-of-mariupol/
Some number of private convoys that included buses did make it out in early March. A second route went thru Berdyansk. Who knows? Perhaps unlike the IRC they bribed Russians.

The IRC staffers left Mariupol not long after the initial green corridor failure. At some point presumably as the fighting perimeter changed, it resumed attempts to send in supplies and evacuate civilians. At least one convoy got thru successfully in early April; most did not. The Russians would announce, the buses go out from Zaporizhzhia but return empty.

A car trailing one convoy told reporters the soldiers staffing the barricades (at one point there were 17) were not always notified, resulting in confusion and delays making it impossible to complete the trip before the curfew. Private efforts also resumed. This from "Help People," a Ukrainian volunteer group organized to provide medicines and help with evacuations:

Quote:
A total of 10 minibus drivers had driven into the Donbas region to help evacuate civilians from the besieged city of Mariupol, operating private vehicles in a low-profile rescue mission. Russian soldiers stopped them and tried to get them to drive the buses [now filled with refugees] into Russia. When the drivers refused, they were taken prisoner, said Alex Voronin, the head of the non-government organization. ... One of the 10 drivers was released, Voronin told CNN, and from him "we know that three of the missing are in Donetsk. They were interrogated with brute force, fed poorly and kept in appalling conditions. All the rest were told they have the right to keep [in detention] up to 30 days."
https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/11/europ...hnk/index.html
As I've mentioned the Russians cut the rail lines out of Mariupol on February 27-28. Even so about 100,000 civilians "left early," with many still behind. Car convoys were often allowed through to the west even after Russians circled the city. Still a substantial portion of the population was stranded.

Both the Ukrainians and Russians concur large numbers (something like 130,000) are now in Russia. With presumably more leaving the city each day. From this, it is hard not to conclude that Russia is 'promoting' or 'adjusting' the ethnic mix within Mariupol. Before the war, it was about 50-50.

Old 04-19-2022, 05:10 PM

7,683 posts, read 5,544,715 times
Background: I’ve been following the daily diary entries of Reddit poster, SaberFlux, for several weeks now. He’s a university student hunkered down in Kharkiv. He has a father and other relatives in Russia who support Putin and don’t believe what he tells him about what is happening. I think he has now cut off communicating with them. SaberFlux also follows what is being said in Russia.

SaberFlux’s entry today surprised me and I’m not sure what to make of it. (April 24 is Easter Sunday in the Orthodox Church.)
Quote:
Remember when Russia posted article about them winning the war on day 3 and then deleted it almost immediately? Well, they did it again today, but this time the article is way more ominous. Their emergency services posted instructions on what to do in case NATO fires RETALIATION nuclear strike at Russia and then deleted it saying they were hacked.

Not only did they post it, they even included the date of said nuclear strike – April 24th on Easter. I suppose everyone understands what that means? This is not the first time they posted their plans so we can expect them to launch nukes in a couple days. Have they truly gone mad now? Not even China will be able to support them after that, considering that since 2013 we have an agreement with China saying that they will protect us in case of a nuclear attack.
https://www.reddit.com/user/SaberFlux/

Old 04-19-2022, 05:14 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,330,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
I am not sure if he was allowed to leave (by his guardians)... And what would he chose if he truly could. Maybe he'd still decide to stay, I don't know. Cocaine is so much more available to him now while he is a president, than when he would be a simple immigrant.
He uses cocaine?

Old 04-19-2022, 05:15 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,901,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Background: I’ve been following the daily diary entries of Reddit poster, SabreFlux, for several weeks now. He’s a university student hunkered down in Kharkiv. He has a father and other relatives in Russia who support Putin and don’t believe what he tells him about what is happening. I think he has now cut off communicating with them. SabreFlux also follows what is being said in Russia.

SabreFux’s entry today surprised me and I’m not sure what to make of it. (April 24 is Easter Sunday in the Orthodox Church.)

https://www.reddit.com/user/SaberFlux/
Well, maybe it's a fine time to visit the church for the Easter service (Orthodox) for me. "We will go to paradise, and 'they' will just die and rot" Russian very opinionated host Vladimir Soloviev.

Old 04-19-2022, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
He uses cocaine?
I am neither medical, nor criminal expert and I don't even have any extensive knowledge of different substances. But I've seen at least 2 videos posted by Zelensky where he's clearly "under influence". Not saying, Yeltsin was not a drunkard...

Old 04-19-2022, 05:21 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,330,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
...Yes the biggest problem I have in all this is just about every Soviet block country has improved, Russia included since the 90s except one and that is Ukraine. Ukraine before the war looked remarkably like a 90s Russia. There has been no Western halo effect whatsoever. Whatever anyone may think of Russian leadership outside of Russia it has tended to improve the lot of Russians every year. Westerners have treated Ukraine as a vice playground, Hunter Biden included (see Prostitution in Ukraine. How Police, Gov’t & Mafia Control This 20b Illegal Business). Ukraine is ruled by a corrupt, rotten regime to its core...
Why hasn't Ukraine improved since the 90s, unlike other parts of the FSU, if true?

Old 04-19-2022, 05:31 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,353,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
I am neither medical, nor criminal expert and I don't even have any extensive knowledge of different substances. But I've seen at least 2 videos posted by Zelensky where he's clearly "under influence". Not saying, Yeltsin was not a drunkard...
Not including the one of him playing a piano duet in his boxers? I thought that wonderful.

Old 04-19-2022, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Not including the one of him playing a piano duet in his boxers? I thought that wonderful.
No, the recent ones, made during this war. In official capacity.

Old 04-19-2022, 05:46 PM

26,832 posts, read 22,619,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
The Turkey-brokered corridor to the west was announced in early March. It did not succeed. Per the IRC announcement:

As noted earlier, the IRC official statements are studiously "neutral". This from a woman separated from her family in Mariupol. She volunteered at the reception center in Zaporizhzhia each day hoping they would appear, being told:

Some number of private convoys that included buses did make it out in early March. A second route went thru Berdyansk. Who knows? Perhaps unlike the IRC they bribed Russians.

The IRC staffers left Mariupol not long after the initial green corridor failure. At some point presumably as the fighting perimeter changed, it resumed attempts to send in supplies and evacuate civilians. At least one convoy got thru successfully in early April; most did not. The Russians would announce, the buses go out from Zaporizhzhia but return empty.

A car trailing one convoy told reporters the soldiers staffing the barricades (at one point there were 17) were not always notified, resulting in confusion and delays making it impossible to complete the trip before the curfew. Private efforts also resumed. This from "Help People," a Ukrainian volunteer group organized to provide medicines and help with evacuations:

As I've mentioned the Russians cut the rail lines out of Mariupol on February 27-28. Even so about 100,000 civilians "left early," with many still behind. Car convoys were often allowed through to the west even after Russians circled the city. Still a substantial portion of the population was stranded.

Both the Ukrainians and Russians concur large numbers (something like 130,000) are now in Russia. With presumably more leaving the city each day. From this, it is hard not to conclude that Russia is 'promoting' or 'adjusting' the ethnic mix within Mariupol. Before the war, it was about 50-50.

That's NOT what I am talking about in this case.

No "arrangements" are needed here, in this particular situation.

"Azov Steel" is surrounded - that much is clear and is running out of food/water ammunition.

So the Russians repeatedly offering them to surrender and are setting the time to get out of the bunkers. They communicate this message to Azov.

So why then the civilians ( at least) are not coming out?
Any idea?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies