Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2022, 03:59 PM

3,858 posts, read 1,796,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Zelensky is demanding now $5 billion monthly in order to continue the "operations," ( or 7 billion Euros)

$2 billion of it must be coming from the US ( according to him.)
Every single week Zelensky is begging countries for aid, it's questionable how all the aid already given doesn't seem to be enough for him?

I don't trust Zelensky.

This morning I read the Biden administration is considering approving a package of $33 billions dollars for Ukraine, which is completely and utterly ridiculous.

I also find it odd that the U.S. is not talking about peace negotiations or encouraging any sort of negotiations between Ukraine and Russia, instead they're very interested in prolonging this war.

Old 04-28-2022, 04:39 PM

43,185 posts, read 18,342,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Every single week Zelensky is begging countries for aid, it's questionable how all the aid already given doesn't seem to be enough for him?

I don't trust Zelensky.

This morning I read the Biden administration is considering approving a package of $33 billions dollars for Ukraine, which is completely and utterly ridiculous.

I also find it odd that the U.S. is not talking about peace negotiations or encouraging any sort of negotiations between Ukraine and Russia, instead they're very interested in prolonging this war.
Because if there is peace then the US will stop sending money.

USD is flowing out of the country like as fast as a broken spigot.
Congress is passing trillion dollar bills for "Ukraine war" yet that last one $1.6 trillion barely any of it went to Ukraine; the bulk went to the Pentagon.

Old 04-28-2022, 04:43 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,079,102 times
Quote:

I don't trust Zelensky.

You said, "I don't trust Zelensky"

I say, "I don't trust Putin"

Putin has consistantly lied since the start of this "special operation"....
yeah, it's speacial alright....it's a war....and a brutal one at that.

I'd trust Zelensky a hundred times over Putin.

Old 04-28-2022, 04:53 PM

12,393 posts, read 8,173,834 times
Quote:

I don't trust Zelensky.

Its not odd at all. As long as Ukrainians are willing to fight for their freedom nobody will give Russia a negotiation win that the Russians army couldn't win on the Ukrainian land. The world learned that lesson in 1938 when Hitler taught it to us.

Old 04-28-2022, 05:22 PM

7,682 posts, read 5,540,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Because if there is peace then the US will stop sending money.

USD is flowing out of the country like as fast as a broken spigot.
Congress is passing trillion dollar bills for "Ukraine war" yet that last one $1.6 trillion barely any of it went to Ukraine; the bulk went to the Pentagon.
Is the U.S. actually sending cash? I thought it was equipment and supplies.

Old 04-28-2022, 05:25 PM

2,050 posts, read 1,610,953 times
Quote:
That’s because there’s no confidence in negotiating. NATO wants Ukraine to remain a sovereign nation, and Russia pushed back into their own territory.

Old 04-28-2022, 05:48 PM

26,807 posts, read 22,591,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star691 View Post
That’s because there’s no confidence in negotiating. NATO wants Ukraine to remain a sovereign nation,
AND to continue its covert ( and not so covert) activities directed against Russia.

Quote:
and Russia pushed back into their own territory.
Which Russia understands is an existential threat for her, unless she acts before it's too late and remove this threat, while destroying the Ukrainian state in its current shape and form.

And that's why the negotiations don't have much of a chance at this point, really.

Old 04-28-2022, 05:49 PM

43,185 posts, read 18,342,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Is the U.S. actually sending cash? I thought it was equipment and supplies.
"financial aid packages".....

Zelensky just gave the entire Ukraine government/military (all workers) pretty significant raises/per month.
Someone has to pay for it......

Old 04-28-2022, 05:52 PM

4,879 posts, read 2,686,152 times
over 5 million people forced to flee their home and country with only the will to live, absolutely nothing else...there is no plausible explanation that is acceptable..never in a million years..not to mention God knows how many civilians already killed..Putin must die..

Old 04-28-2022, 05:55 PM

26,807 posts, read 22,591,590 times
Quote:

I don't trust Zelensky.

Because Blinken et al already made it clear to the Russians in the first round of negotiations, BEFORE the invasion, that the US is quite content with the way things are, read the original plan of turning Ukraine into anti-Russian project is working as intended, and they see no sense in changing that.

So saying anything different at this point ( i.e. encouraging Ukraine to negotiate peace) would mean the defeat of these plans, that were set in motion during Obama's administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.