Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2022, 10:35 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,447,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
so you are saying DeSantis did not force/coerced people & individuals to wear masks or get the vaccines if they choose not to?

oh wow. he gave people the option to choose? such an evil evil man
No I said he unconstitutionally interfered in local affairs.

Floridians don't elect the governor to run their cities.

He should have attended to his own responsibilities instead of botching things related to covid that were his responsibility.

I wouldn't expect non-natives or newish transplants to understand this.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:37 AM

2,284 posts, read 638,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post

He should have attended to his own responsibilities instead of botching things related to covid that were his responsibility.

I’m sorry but local leaders cannot be mini Hitlers . It’s up the governor to keep them in check. And DeSantis is incredibly popular. I live in Miami, the most liberal part of the state. If he’s hot stuff here he’s gonna cruise to victory statewide.

I didn’t vote for him 2018, but I sure will vote for him 2022. And enthusiastically!

Old 03-05-2022, 10:39 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
THEN WEAR THE DAMN THING! Just don't use the power of government to make me wear one. How hard is that?
Oh honey, that ship has sailed.

Only three states still have indoor mask mandates and it likely won’t be long before those are lifted.

Private businesses can ask clients/customers to wear masks just like they can require shoes, shirts, etc.
A few months from now, that will likely be over with as well.

It’s time to move on from the theater of victim hood.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:42 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,601,138 times
Quote:

you wouldn't expect FL non-natives or FL newish transplants to understand the US Constitutions?

or are you talking about FL's "constitutions"? If that's the case, feel free to provide proof that Florida governor cannot interfere with local affairs as stated in Florida's "constitutions".

I'm here all day.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Oh honey, that ship has sailed.

Only three states still have indoor mask mandates and it likely won’t be long before those are lifted.

Private businesses can ask clients/customers to wear masks just like they can require shoes, shirts, etc.
A few months from now, that will likely be over with as well.

It’s time to move on from the theater of victim hood.
There won’t be moving on. I remember who threw punches my way. You may be done throwing punches but you need to pay for the crap you threw!

Old 03-05-2022, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
FYI, according to the link below, as of February 25, Ron DeSantisis's approval rating with Floridians is now at 54%. (With Florida Republicans, it is at 83%.)

https://floridapolitics.com/archives...r-legislature/
DeSantis is only one more botched Covid spike away from losing reelection imo.

I don't think we are done with Covid and there will likely be another spike or new variant. Based on the pattern so far, it will hit in summer when Floridians hunker down inside with AC to avoid the heat. Maybe sooner with more people not wearing masks.

With the last spike DeSantis' poll numbers sank and he was in a dead heat with the leading Democratic contender.

Charlie Christ will be palatable for the Republicans who despise DeSantis as he is a former Republican. The rabid highly vocal right wing base will not be enough to save DeSantis if this scenario plays out months before the election.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
you wouldn't expect non-natives or newish transplants to understand the US Constitutions?

or are you talking about FL's "constitutions"? If that's the case, feel free to provide proof that Florida governor cannot interfere with local affairs as stated in Florida's "constitutions".

I'm here all day.
I want to see where in the Florida constitution these mini Hitlers got they could mandate masks outdoors and closing public beaches or selectively closing businesses.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
There won’t be moving on. I remember who threw punches my way. You may be done throwing punches but you need to pay for the crap you threw!
Grow up.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Grow up.
Why don’t you grow a spine. No one cares about your irrational fears. But I’ll sure remember who pushed these mandates.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:52 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,904,300 times
Quote:
DeSantis is only one more botched Covid spike away from losing reelection imo.

Maybe in your make believe world.

In the real world, he's cruising to victory in excess of 20 points ahead of his nearest challenger.

The smart money is against you.

November is going to be quite the shock for your ilk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies