Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2022, 11:19 AM

35,802 posts, read 21,187,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
I’m sorry but local leaders cannot be mini Hitlers . It’s up the governor to keep them in check. And DeSantis is incredibly popular. I live in Miami, the most liberal part of the state. If he’s hot stuff here he’s gonna cruise to victory statewide.

I didn’t vote for him 2018, but I sure will vote for him 2022. And enthusiastically!
He’s popular with the Venezuelans and older republicans, but he is burning bridges as he tightens the freedoms for others. This no Gay thing - not sure Miami is happy with that. And now the abortion, not my home town. Well I’m from MBeach.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:22 AM

14,249 posts, read 4,634,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I already told you I am not wading through the FL constitution. It's an easy google if you want to see whats in it.
would it be better for you to say that you don't know and you are making stuff up?

Old 03-05-2022, 11:29 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,473,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
would it be better for you to say that you don't know and you are making stuff up?
Sure you can say that if it makes you feel better in your ignorance of the fact that FL is a home rule state.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:31 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,778,533 times
I applaud DeSantis for setting the kids straight. He said they can wear them if they want, but he stated it was not needed and is idiotic at this point. The science backs that up.

I applaud anyone who deals in reality, but tells people they can be as stupid as they want.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
"Melting down".

Such hyperbole.

The only "melt down" occurred on the Democrat side - where your lunatic elites overreacted to a virus with an incredibly low mortality rate by locking down schools and businesses; putting people out of work and (many of them) into poverty.

Now a lot of those people are going to take their revenge in November by voting Republican - and probably for the long term.

November is going to be incredibly disappointing for you.
Telling kids what they are doing is ridiculous and that they are staging covid theater. Getting in their personal space and rudely pointing at them or jabbing his huge ugly ham fisted hands in their space. Sucking air, shaking his head all because some kids ruined his photo op.

Yea meltdown. I don't need anyone to tell me what I did or did not see with my own eyes.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:33 AM

445 posts, read 169,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
They already have the choice. Scolding them is ****ing weird.
And scolding people for not wearing them isn't?

Old 03-05-2022, 11:35 AM

14,249 posts, read 4,634,051 times
Quote:
Sure you can say that if it makes you feel better in your ignorance of the fact that FL is a home rule state.
Blondy: sasquatch exists
Du ma: prove it
Blondy: you are ignorant

Old 03-05-2022, 11:43 AM

35,353 posts, read 17,257,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Good job to the young man who kept his mask on.

Personally, I would not want my child feeling that he or she needs to listen to some random politician on health issues. We live a certain lifestyle and are health conscious people (with or without COVID).
I think DeSantis addressed the students in a light-hearted and respectful way. In no way was he bullying or threatening, unlike what some up-thread have stated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNam3 View Post
And scolding people for not wearing them isn't?
How was what DeSantis said a scolding? when we moved into new sub-rented space the lawyer who was the prime tenant, an active liberal Democratic leader said, "Jim, you don't have to wear masks if you don't want to." His assistant does; I don't. And I am also a liberal Democrat.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:46 AM

2,284 posts, read 641,774 times
Quote:
Floridians do not elect governors to interfere with or keep their locally elected leaders in check. The courts are available for that if necessary.

DeSantis should concentrate on doing his job except that apparently he cant do it very well.
Who do you speak for? When mini Hitlers tell me I need to wear a mask I want someone to tell them to pound sand.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I think DeSantis addressed the students in a light-hearted and respectful way. In no way was he bullying or threatening, unlike what some up-thread have stated.
How was what DeSantis said a scolding? when we moved into new sub-rented space the lawyer who was the prime tenant, an active liberal Democratic leader said, "Jim, you don't have to wear masks if you don't want to." His assistant does; I don't. And I am also a liberal Democrat.
The kids who were there who have spoken out didn't think it was light-hearted.

They said they felt pressured by the gov to take their masks off. One of them was motioned off to the side and told if he didn't want to take his mask off he should stand to the side and not behind DeSantis.

An event that should have been a fun getaway from school for the kids turned into a stressful event due to petty politics from the governor. Not a good look for DeSantis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies