Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2022, 12:09 PM

17,411 posts, read 16,566,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
He was rude. No need for the political theater.

It had ZERO impact on his ability to convey his message. He could have worded it differently.

Mocking, bullying, insulting mask wearers or non-mask wearers is a childish political show from anybody.

I'm not pro mask or anti-mask. But human decency, being the adult in the room counts.
Clearly half of the students standing on that stage did not want to wear masks because they took them off when DeSantis said they could do so.

DeSantis wasn't bullying the kids, he was objecting to kids being forced to wear masks whether they wanted to or not.

Just because Kid A wants to wear a mask does not mean that Kid B should be forced to wear a useless mask, too.

Old 03-05-2022, 12:11 PM

17,676 posts, read 6,940,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
DeSantis is an idiot.

End of story
Nope. Apt description for the dementia patient you voted for, however.

Old 03-05-2022, 12:13 PM

When people are able to CHOOSE whether or not to wear a mask, MOST choose not to wear one. That says a lot.

We have a couple of grocery stores in my area. At the one store, unvaccinated employees are REQUIRED to wear masks so many of the employees wear masks.

In another grocery store, mask wearing is completely optional for all employees. Almost none of the employees wear masks.

You can tell what a store's policy is just by walking in, using your eyes and looking around. I try to shop at the stores that don't force masks on their employees.

Old 03-05-2022, 12:18 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,833,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
When people try to deny ME a choice you bet I will want to deny you one. You guys who pushed mask and vaccine mandates should be kicked out of the country.
Thank you for clarifying your position of being against personal choice.

Old 03-05-2022, 12:20 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,450,836 times
DeSantis is not about choice. It's his way or the highway in everything he does.

Here is the kid who wanted to keep his mask on because he is living with an immunocompromised grandfather. A DeSantis staffer motioned him from behind DeSantis and told him if he didn't want to take his mask off to stand off to the side. Disgusting.

https://www.msnbc.com/zerlina/watch/...t-134633029984

Last edited by Blondy; 03-05-2022 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: edited to fix link

Old 03-05-2022, 12:24 PM

4,677 posts, read 4,993,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Maybe in your make believe world.

In the real world, he's cruising to victory in excess of 20 points ahead of his nearest challenger.

The smart money is against you.

November is going to be quite the shock for your ilk.
The price on shares at Predictit of DeSantis to lose in the gubernatorial election is almost exactly the same price (a little over 10 cents on the dollar) that Trump was to win the 2020 election after many states had certified Biden's win.

So that's the level of wishful thinking Blondy is engaging in.

Last edited by tribecavsbrowns; 03-05-2022 at 12:39 PM..

Old 03-05-2022, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
DeSantis is not about choice. It's his way or the highway in everything he does.

Here is the kid who wanted to keep his mask on because he is living with an immunocompromised grandfather. A DeSantis staffer motioned him from behind DeSantis and told him if he didn't want to take his mask off to stand off to the side. Disgusting.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...nts-we-62.html
What? It was clear that some of the kids didn't take off their masks. DeSantis was not bullying them.

You are free to wear a mask if you want to. Unless you have allergies and are trying to avoid pollen and dust in the air, you are doing little good for yourself or for your immunocompromised relatives.

Online classes would be a better bet for you. Or you just use common sense and stay away from the elderly when you aren't feeling well.

Old 03-05-2022, 12:28 PM

2,284 posts, read 638,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
When you bring Hitler and Nazis into the discussion, you have lost all credibility.
I’m not looking to establish any credibility with a maskhole. I hate your kind. And would love for you guys to leave and never return.

I’m a Florida voter. And I’m telling you, me and millions of voters hate mini Hitlers. I voted for Gelber (MB mayor) prior to the pandemic. Big Fing mistake my part. He nor anyone of that party will get my vote. You guys pack your bags and get the Hell out. Florida is changing, and we hate your guts.

Old 03-05-2022, 12:30 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,601,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Exactly! He has already made it clear. Why be so angry when people’s children have on their masks?
'so angry'?

did you even watch the video?

there was zero 'anger' in either his speech or his actions

Old 03-05-2022, 12:30 PM

2,284 posts, read 638,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Thank you for clarifying your position of being against personal choice.
The only choice maskholes should have is to fly out of Florida. You’re not welcome here. We don’t want you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies