Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In regards to Russia, is the president doing...
REPUBLICAN - TOO MUCH 12 9.92%
REPUBLICAN - TOO LITTLE 53 43.80%
REPUBLICAN - JUST RIGHT 16 13.22%
DEMOCRAT - TOO MUCH 3 2.48%
DEMOCRAT - TOO LITTLE 13 10.74%
DEMOCRAT - JUST RIGHT 24 19.83%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 11:01 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,884,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The First View Post
What exactly do you expect him to do?

-Send more money to a corrupt regime?
-Maybe we should gather an army and send in our troops?
-Why not sacrifice another generation of Americans for the military industrial complex?

At this point it's too late... Bye-Dumb has already shown the world what he's made of. Guy can barely put his pants on without crapping in them...- what do you really expect him to do?

The time for Action wasn't damning the Keystone Pipeline deal and approving Russia's deal knowing full well they were trying to take over Ukraine a long time ago !!!

Hello.... Hello... is anybody home?

We had them right where they were supposed to be until Bye-Dumb Administration took over.

What a disgrace!
Help me out.
What Russian deal?

As an aside, those who feel the need to assign childish nicknames to others say more about themselves than their target. This goes for the tRump, Orange Man, Bone Spur crowd, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2022, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Remember when we were arming the Taliban with Surface to Air Missles against the Russians?
I do ! I do !

The 10 year proxy war funded and supplied by the US.

We supplied the weapons and sent contractors to train the rebels how to use them.

This attracted jihadists from around the world, including bin Laden who created al- Qaeda.

Old 03-04-2022, 11:10 AM

35,356 posts, read 17,265,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
That’s quite a stretch, linking the war in Ukraine to the Green New Deal, which has not passed Congress. Also a stretch is linking a pipeline that was several years away from completion to Putin’s invasion.

The fact is that we import roughly the same amount of oil from Russia today (not a lot) as we did in 2020. You can be against the GND and for the pipeline, but stop pretending these have anything to do with Ukraine.
The problem with your view is that it's a worldwide oil market. Even if the U.S. imported no oil from Russia the shrinkage in supplies still places demands on other oil sources. If the Keystone Pipeline was being constructed the market would price in its availability. Also the market prices in the perceived hostility to new sources of energy. I meant by "Green New Deal" not literally what is stalled in Congress but the ideological hostility to domestic production.

Old 03-04-2022, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
The biggest mistakes he has made are saying an incursion was ok and shutting down US oil production. Until he opens ups production in the US, he is enabling Russia.
Shut down US oil production?

Best not to tell that to the WTI benchmark for US produced crude oil.

Old 03-04-2022, 11:27 AM

1,032 posts, read 797,679 times
Putin took Crimea it was a matter of time before he took the rest of Ukraine.

I just feel like America should not be the world police. Ukraine and then Taiwan

Old 03-04-2022, 11:29 AM

30,297 posts, read 11,944,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I personally am sick to my stomach Biden isn't doing more. I just want to know what others think and what party do you align with? If you have no party affiliation, feel free to still voice your opinion in the comments.

If you want to see raw footage of the destruction, check out Inna Sovsun's twitter.

https://twitter.com/InnaSovsun
Independent voter here. Everyone is not one or the other. Biased polling.

Old 03-04-2022, 11:30 AM

6,300 posts, read 3,454,759 times
I am a republican and personally I don't know if anything can be done without repercussion that will come back and bite us in the behind. Yes we should send military aid, which might be a little to late, but beyond that I am not sure we should/can do anything else.

The only thing I am sure of is the military complex and the worthless old men in government will be happy if we did go in swinging.

Old 03-04-2022, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
As Commander in Chief, he refused to listen to his military leaders in Afghanistan and I have no doubt his arrogant demented self is doing the same now.
Did those military leaders tell the Trump Admin to :

Negotiate with the Taliban in 2019-20?

Agree to facilitate the release of 5000 Taliban fighters from Afghan prisons and then follow through?

Withdraw all but 1250 troops?

The US Military Industrial Complex would have been delighted to stay another 20 years, building roads to nowhere as they did the previous 20.

Old 03-04-2022, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
That's absurd to think that putting sanctions on Russia would cause anyone to blame Biden for the Russian attack. No one but idiots thought that the huge buildup of troops on the Ukraine border was just a "military exercise". Now, due to Biden's "too little, too late" response, Biden definitely DOES share some of the blame.
Seems to me building consensus within and beyond the EU made a lot of sense.

Old 03-04-2022, 11:33 AM

6,788 posts, read 3,403,096 times
The United States suffers under Joe Biden, and now the world will suffer from the incompetence and ineffectiveness of Joe Biden. People will die because of Joe Biden.

The only reason this is happening now is because of the weakness of Joe Biden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies