Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In regards to Russia, is the president doing...
REPUBLICAN - TOO MUCH 12 9.92%
REPUBLICAN - TOO LITTLE 53 43.80%
REPUBLICAN - JUST RIGHT 16 13.22%
DEMOCRAT - TOO MUCH 3 2.48%
DEMOCRAT - TOO LITTLE 13 10.74%
DEMOCRAT - JUST RIGHT 24 19.83%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 05:13 PM

24,416 posts, read 27,098,220 times

Advertisements

I hope there is a massive red tidal wave come mid-terms and this is coming from someone who voted for Biden. I regret it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2022, 05:16 PM

1,172 posts, read 412,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I hope there is a massive red tidal wave come mid-terms and this is coming from someone who voted for Biden. I regret it.
President controls the military, taking control of Congress/Senate will not change that.

Old 03-04-2022, 05:20 PM

13,777 posts, read 5,007,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Notice how Joe Biden is missing in action in this whole situation.

The “Leader of the Free World” is invisible, doesn’t exist, while the world goes up in flames.
You don’t own a TV or read the papers?

Old 03-04-2022, 05:23 PM

13,777 posts, read 5,007,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
You mean in financing the invasion by buying Russian oil and other Russian products, rather than extracting our own? Oh, he's doing a fine job.
What are you talking about? We extracted as much oil in 2021 as we did in 2020. And we buy very little from Russia.

Old 03-04-2022, 05:24 PM

7,977 posts, read 5,010,733 times
too little. We need to military invade the capital, , decapitate the regime, and get special forces in there, since NATO will do nothing. His generals won't press the nuclear button once they sense a superpower invasion. They want that nut gone too. As do most russians. You cut the head off the snake. You dont chop its tail.

If we just sit by, today its Ukraine tomorrow its all of Europe. Then you have a bigger problem. You dont negotiate, you dont reason with nuts and sociopaths. You ever watch Stephen King's The Stand. Yea...

Crazy people do NOT change. They just want more power. Sociopaths don't become angels. they just continue to make life hell for everyone. And if you give them a green light "Oh I can destroy more crap" they will. There is no rehabilitating these people. Sorry to say. And you cant talk sense to them either. Since they don't response to sense.

I have a lifetime's worth of experience of dealing with nutjob people and sociopaths with no conscience , and I can uniquivicably say they will never change. They need to be removed from power

Last edited by DorianRo; 03-04-2022 at 05:34 PM..

Old 03-04-2022, 05:33 PM

30,292 posts, read 11,940,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Sorry, but EVERYONE was saying that Putin would never actually invade, that this was just an exercise or an empty bluff. Biden was one of the few that was warning that Putin was dangerous.
That is true. Most of the Trump people on here were saying that Putin would never invade. My guess is Biden had a little better intel. The senile old man out smarted all these armchair "experts."

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 03-04-2022 at 06:11 PM..

Old 03-04-2022, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
President controls the military, taking control of Congress/Senate will not change that.

The president controls the conversation and once again his administration said banning Russian oil is off the table. Imagine funding Hitler as he tries to spread his dominance. I officially changed my voter registration to Republican today.

Old 03-04-2022, 07:16 PM

35,353 posts, read 17,257,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
The president controls the conversation and once again his administration said banning Russian oil is off the table. Imagine funding Hitler as he tries to spread his dominance. I officially changed my voter registration to Republican today.
I'm disgusted with Biden but as a left-wing Democrat I just can't go Republican.

Old 03-04-2022, 07:19 PM

102,302 posts, read 108,429,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
If you do not agree with the following statement then you are full of it when it comes to Biden needing to do more:

"I believe Biden should have bombed Russian forces in Russia or Belarus beforehand or put American troops on Ukraine's borders"

If you do not agree with that statement then you should be ok with our current plan of sanctions but no military action against Russia.
OK, the bolded answers my "Should be doing more? Like what?" question. Thank you. I can work with this.

First off, I must point out, that your two proposals in that sentence are vastly different. They belong in separate sentences as completely separate proposals.

Bomb Russian forces in Russia or Belarus---fuggedaboutit, for obvious reasons. (See the many WWIII comments on this and other threads on this topic.)

Put US (or NATO) troops on Ukraine's borders: that's interesting. Let's take a look at that.

Back when everyone thought P could be bluffing, that might have worked. At least as a gesture.

However,

P knew he could call everyone's bluff. And he did. He knew that US/NATO wouldn't have entered Ukraine and fought Russia in a war that Ukraine needed to fight for itself. He probably figured "the West" wouldn't take that step and cause WWIII. Thus, his threat about using nukes. And remember, Ukraine isn't a NATO member, so there's no requirement to defend it. The whole war is about preventing Ukraine from joining NATO.

So, what would happened is, all those troops would have been amassed on the border, but no one would have been willing to give the command to proceed into Ukraine, when Russia entered and started bombing stuff. The US (and/or NATO) would have ended up looking foolish, and P would have been strutting around crowing. And the troops on the borders would have become demoralized, and said to the commanders, "What did you drag us out here for, if we're not going to fight?"

AND, here on C-D, people would have called Biden a wuss or a failure or whatever anyway. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Still, it's an interesting idea, one that no one had thought of or proposed, that I'm aware of. But ultimately, it didn't pass muster under close examination. Nice try, though. It was worth a discussion.

Old 03-04-2022, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I'm disgusted with Biden but as a left-wing Democrat I just can't go Republican.

I even donated $100 to Biden's campaign. The only other time I've donated money to a presidential campaign was to Obama's first run. I hated Trump, but nobody on the right has said or done anything remotely worse than what Biden is doing by funding Putin's genocide efforts. Biden just cares about the mid-terms and doesn't want gas prices to go even higher leading into it. He also doesn't want to **** off the far left by ramping up oil production.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies