Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 11:05 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
My Father was sent to a POW camp in eastern Germany in WW II that was freed by Russian soldiers and he was held by the Russians for some time. He told me that what you're saying was true.
Yeah after the fall of Berlin the soldiers were given about 48 hours to rampage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2022, 11:06 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
there is alot of propaganda out there so I would be less than likely to believe it.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:08 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,786,454 times
I am not surprised. I heard Putin authorized his soldiers to rape woman and kill children. It's total destruction of the enemy for Putin. Shelling isn't enough. He wants to inflict psychological and emotional damage too.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:22 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
This is what Russians do. It's called "spoils of war". Ask the German civilian women during WW2.

Everybody does it in a War. It just each side denies it or minimizes it. I don't think this falls under WW 2 level. WW 2 was brutal and not just the Russians but Japanese and others. We also did rapes but not at that level.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:24 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I am not surprised. I heard Putin authorized his soldiers to rape woman and kill children. It's total destruction of the enemy for Putin. Shelling isn't enough. He wants to inflict psychological and emotional damage too.

You heard? yeah, that's solid.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:38 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
It would appear that some don't understand the word "accused".

Until it's proven, there's nothing to talk about.

The media is full of sht anymore, so using this headline, they can enrage people, yet if it's not proven, claim "We didn't say they did, we said 'accused'", knowing damn good and well that people will go ahead and act like it was proven.

Besides, Russian citizens don't get a choice whether or not they join the military. Are you hating ALL Russians now? I thought the enemy was Putin, not the entire country of citizens.

So, how about we not bash on people until we know whether or not it's true. Yes, things like this do happen in war time, but no one has any proof that it's going on right now.

You all need to make up your minds on who and what you're going to believe, because damn do you all flip flop so much, even John Kerry is in awe.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:52 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I heard the moon is made of cheese

Old 03-05-2022, 11:55 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's like some people don't have eyes in their heads.

This is what a significant number of men do, when they have power over women, or children, whether boys or girls.

This is why you have rules in place where women (or children) are in a situation where they have no power to escape. You don't allow a man alone with them.

Because a lot of them will abuse any power they have, in any way they can.
Who the heck do you hang out with???

I mean, seriously. This is how you view the majority of men?

Old 03-05-2022, 11:56 AM

4,218 posts, read 2,459,291 times
Maybe they have, maybe they haven't. But this is a war, so no one at all should be shocked if it is happening. Hell, I'd be far more shocked if there were few to no rapes.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:57 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
My Father was sent to a POW camp in eastern Germany in WW II that was freed by Russian soldiers and he was held by the Russians for some time. He told me that what you're saying was true.

Those poor Germans. They did not get the warm welcome they expected after killing 20 million Soviets.

Really, lets cry over Nazis? Oh BTW there were a lot of German civilians in Dresden. The allies made a fire storm out of it with little military justification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies