Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2022, 08:12 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Exactly, we've been wearing masks for 2 years! Shouldn't we be used to wearing them by now??
Haven’t worn a masks except for doctors appointments and flying in a year maybe more, very rarely see anyone in a mask. Our covid numbers and hospitalizations are low even without masks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2022, 08:13 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
The Ops couch at home looks like

http://www.bestpreownedrv.com/06MOMAKNIG1125/57.jpg

Old 03-17-2022, 08:14 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
LMAO

Old 03-17-2022, 08:16 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,976 times
Well how long are they supposed to keep this up? This virus has been around for two years already and the strains are much less dangerous... It's time to stop wearing the face diaper and live your life. I had COVID back in December and it was nothing.

Old 03-17-2022, 08:23 PM

14,489 posts, read 12,121,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
My mom has four siblings. All four of her siblings caught Covid, but not her. She is the ONLY one to not catch it and she never got vaccinated too. You know why? Because she stays home as much as possible, she double masks, wears goggles to protect her eyes, and wears gloves every time she goes out. You can call her silly, but what she has been doing has worked because she never contracted Covid. Everyone that has laughed at her did end up catching it!
Well, I never caught it, and for the past two years I have worn a mask only when absolutely required for the minimum time required, and hubby is the same way.... we do what we like and we eat out as often as we can. We took smart precautions, and have ignored the silly precautions when we could.

I feel bad for you and your mom, having to live with a belief that everyone else are a threat to her to the point of wearing masks and goggles and gloves. It's a horrible way to live, IMHO.

And the thing is, both she and I are probably eventually going to get it... It isn't not going away. All the masks and goggles and isolation are probably delaying and prolonging the inevitable, not eliminating it.

I know I won't convince you of anything.... I am just one stranger out there in a world of information. But the best science doesn't support going to those extremes. Not ever, really, but particularly not now, not with vaccines and treatments that are now available.

It sounds so crazy I wonder if you're just trolling us.

Old 03-17-2022, 08:26 PM

14,489 posts, read 12,121,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxrob View Post
1. I can respect his decision, it’s his life after all. Doesn’t mean I won't share my own opinion. I mean, that's what we do here at C-D, isn't it… criticize and share opinions?

2. You bring up a good point about working outside. I can agree with that.

The disrespect part is calling someone STUPID. That's an insult, not respect.

Old 03-17-2022, 08:34 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,412,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Well, I never caught it, and for the past two years I have worn a mask only when absolutely required for the minimum time required, and hubby is the same way.... we do what we like and we eat out as often as we can. We took smart precautions, and have ignored the silly precautions when we could.

I feel bad for you and your mom, having to live with a belief that everyone else are a threat to her to the point of wearing masks and goggles and gloves. It's a horrible way to live, IMHO.

I admit, it does sound silly, but it's true. My mom does it, but not me. I try to convince my mom that she's going a tad bit overboard but she just tells me to shut up. My dad backs her up and does the same thing. So when you're fighting a 2 against 1 battle (which is always the case when trying to talk sense into my parents), then there's no way I'm going to win.

Old 03-17-2022, 08:35 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,412,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxrob View Post
My GFs father had COVID in december too, and he died. I’ve had three people in my extended family die of COVID, and a few other family/friends end up pretty close. I work with people who ended up on ventilators and survived… some are okay, some are now on oxygen wherever they go. I have a sibling going through cancer treatment, and a mother with kidney failure. If wearing a mask could/would prevent any of these people from dying, I’m okay with that. It's a small inconvenience for the people I love.

Thank you. It's about time someone sees where I'm coming from. Seriously, I'm really starting to believe that I am indeed "trolling" just because it almost seems like the whole world is fighting against me on this topic. Didn't think all the responses would be so one sided.

Old 03-17-2022, 08:36 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,785,685 times
I do agriculture work and also work in a hospital. I wear a mask as little as possible and have treated people with Covid. Got a very mild case once and am over 60 and a smoker. I also wear a serious mask when working with certain chemicals or doing certain remodeling jobs with a friend.

I'm not afraid of others. Honestly, I'm more afraid of Hep C or C Diff than Covid.

Old 03-17-2022, 08:37 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
Anyone wearing a mask nowadays you know is a Biden voter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies