Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2022, 12:31 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,712,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Yes, that is really the big problem. I think what bothers me more is the constant switching on and off of the mask mandates, which I'm getting tired of. If we have to keep switching mandates on and off, then that means our leaders don't know what they are doing and are acting prematurely. And I just wanted to be sure we are not acting prematurely again. I don't want to be in the same position as last year where I comfortably took off my mask thinking this was all behind us and then having to be forced to slap the mask back on again. That's just silly, in my opinion. Either the pandemic is over or it's not and we can't keep going back and forth on the mask thing.
You are right all of the switchings of the mandates are bothersome, and that is ONE(of many) problems with mandates.

At no time has there been a mandate that says if you want to wear a mask you can't. So when they ended the mandates last year, you were free to still wear a mask, and you chose not to. When they ended this year you have chosen to continue to wear one.

Even when the officials declare the pandemic over, you will still be free to wear a mask. But just keeping in mind that many experts have said we are now in the endemic phase, and COVID will be around just as it is for the flu.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2022, 12:36 PM

290 posts, read 151,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
At no time has there been a mandate that says if you want to wear a mask you can't
Precisely. Go ahead and wear 8 masks, goggles and a bio-hazard suit if you think it's best for you. Just don't try to force any of it on others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies