Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2022, 09:12 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Um because people didn’t do it! For 2+ years, people fought against wearing masks. It was something medical experts were telling people to do but somehow became a political debate!
Mask mandates have only been recently lifted, but are still required in many places like health facilities.

Except folks had no choice but to wear them, so why didn’t it go away?

Why haven’t the experts provided this information you’re claiming? Are you a virologist, infectious disease expert, etc…?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2022, 05:28 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Actually, yes people shouldn’t be traveling for pleasure either. And these measures are not permanent; they are just temporary. And they could be as temporary as just a few months. That’s it! But thanks to all of you who have this “what’s the point?” attitude, this pandemic is lasting way longer than it should have, all because people can’t do the simplest things! Pretty sad world we live in!
Actually, this pandemic has lasted way longer than it should have thanks to the politicians who have tasted absolute power and are now unwilling to give it up.

New York and California are the biggest offenders. They continue their draconian, controlling and useless mandates, because they just can't give up their control. All the while, they go about their lives maskless, flaunting the very mandates they lock up citizens up for, for defying.

Old 03-19-2022, 05:30 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
I answered you. Face masks cover the nose and mouth, which limits the spread. Face mask will block and filter the aerosols that you exhale and limit and filter the aerosols you inhale.
Because you say so? Nope, doesn't work that way. Where is the study that backs up your claim?

Old 03-19-2022, 07:47 AM

14,956 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
I have yet to meet anyone that caught Covid while wearing a mask. Almost everyone who got it has caught it when they didn’t have a mask on.

Do you personally know anyone who wore a mask at a grocery story and caught Covid there?
Yup, a number people I know who wore masks faithfully whenever they went out, and who also got their covid vaccinations, including the booster, got covid. One of those people died of it.

Then there was the brother of one of our friends who died of clots, heart issues shortly after he received his vaccination. He had no history of either heart or clotting issues. But that is another matter.

I don't know where you have been to not have heard all the news about the rise of covid cases ( meaning in the sense of positive test results, which are meaningless unless correlated with clinical signs and symptoms, not done in many cases) among the populace in areas where masking and proof of vaccination were made mandatory. Where they touted their scare tactics over the rise of variant covid strains that apparently were not impressed with all the mask wearing and vaccinations and infected those people anyway. There's abundant evidence that the cloth face coverings, and even vaccinations, won't prevent an RNA virus whose nature is to mutate, mutate, mutate, from becoming endemic and infecting those whose immune systems don't detect the mutated forms ( or perhaps they do).

So as has been said, over and over, you wear masks all you want, but others are not obliged to do the same. If that makes you want to avoid going out in public, that is your choice, have at it.

Me, I'd just as soon wear a good luck rabbit's foot charm on a chain, it works about as well as a cloth mask in preventing spread of respiratory illnesses- either way, and the rabbit's foot is a lot more comfortable.

Old 03-19-2022, 08:20 AM

9,870 posts, read 7,743,798 times
Quote:
I've been working from home for over two years, so my job doesn't require me to be at risk for exposing myself to many different people all day everyday. But I'm quite surprised to see many workers out there, whether it be salesmen at Macy's or Best Buy or cashiers at a store, supermarket or fast food restaurant, who aren't afraid to go maskless. They are out there everyday interacting with strangers (people who could be carriers of all sorts of illnesses) and they are not afraid to be maskless. What is up with that? And most importantly, how do these people not contract any sickness, especially something as contagious as Omicron?
I own a retail store. My husband and I work 6 days a week and were only shut down for 3 weeks. We've never been afraid. We accepted that we will eventually get it and like 99% of our friends who've had it, we'll get through it fine, at home, and come back to work. We work hard at staying healthy. We're in our 60's.

Two years later, still haven't got it despite multiple exposures. Everyone doesn't get it.

Maybe it's because we're not afraid. Why are you afraid? People have been working with the public throughout the pandemic, just like us.

Old 03-19-2022, 10:00 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
You have got to be joking. Maybe you live in FL where everyone acts as if Covid doesn't exist, but here in NYC, MAJORITY of people are wearing masks outside!

I admit, it might be ok to take off your mask if there aren't a lot of people around. But if you're in a densely populated area where there are a lot of people around you, then yes, a virus can still spread outdoors!
No they aren’t. All you have to do is look at the Times Square webcam like I just did and see that the majority of people there are maskless.

This has been an entertaining thread, but that doesn’t change the fact that you’re trolling. I’m not against the trolling though, as - again - it’s an entertaining thread.

Old 03-19-2022, 10:04 AM

3,503 posts, read 1,414,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
No they aren’t. All you have to do is look at the Times Square webcam like I just did and see that the majority of people there are maskless.

This has been an entertaining thread, but that doesn’t change the fact that you’re trolling. I’m not against the trolling though, as - again - it’s an entertaining thread.
And majority of people in Times Square are wearing I Love NY t-shirts and standing in the middle of the streets taking pictures and selfies. That’s not how typical NYers live their life. Times Square is the worst place to check out and see how a typical NYer lives! That area is jam packed with dumb tourists!

Old 03-19-2022, 10:19 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
And majority of people in Times Square are wearing I Love NY t-shirts and standing in the middle of the streets taking pictures and selfies. That’s not how typical NYers live their life. Times Square is the worst place to check out and see how a typical NYer lives! That area is jam packed with dumb tourists!
Ok, show us a NYC webcam where the majority of average people are wearing masks - especially outdoors. I’ll wait.

Old 03-19-2022, 11:02 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,812,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Many of use haven't had the luxury of sitting at home on our asses for the past two years.

We've been living and working out here the whole time to enable you to wear a hole in your couch cushions.

We're over it.
Perfectly said. We the working people who have enabled the pajama class to live the way they have for the last few years should never be lectured by those very people about the covid.

Just say no to the covidians

Old 03-19-2022, 11:05 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,812,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I own a retail store. My husband and I work 6 days a week and were only shut down for 3 weeks. We've never been afraid. We accepted that we will eventually get it and like 99% of our friends who've had it, we'll get through it fine, at home, and come back to work. We work hard at staying healthy. We're in our 60's.

Two years later, still haven't got it despite multiple exposures. Everyone doesn't get it.

Maybe it's because we're not afraid. Why are you afraid? People have been working with the public throughout the pandemic, just like us.
Those of us who have been exposed (or caught it) multiple times are so much better off now than those who hid under the bed for two years. Our immune systems are prepared, theirs are not. They have really hurt themselves by hiding from something they will have to face at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies