Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2022, 07:34 PM

2,871 posts, read 1,150,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I've been working from home for over two years, so my job doesn't require me to be at risk for exposing myself to many different people all day everyday. But I'm quite surprised to see many workers out there, whether it be salesmen at Macy's or Best Buy or cashiers at a store, supermarket or fast food restaurant, who aren't afraid to go maskless. They are out there everyday interacting with strangers (people who could be carriers of all sorts of illnesses) and they are not afraid to be maskless. What is up with that? And most importantly, how do these people not contract any sickness, especially something as contagious as Omicron?
Perhaps they "followed the science" and had the jab and booster?
Or, perhaps they "followed the science" and are immune, thanks to herd immunity?
Perhaps, if they contracted Covid, they took a prescription?
Or, perhaps they are asymptomatic?
Perhaps they haven't been exposed/contracted Covid at all.
I'll go out on a limb here and say that, perhaps after nearly two years of hysteria, lockdowns, mandates, etc., they've just decided to go about the business of living?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2022, 08:21 PM

3,500 posts, read 1,413,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
That's not an argument.

How about this one:

Don't travel for pleasure.

It's simple, right?

And presumably saves lives too (due to less accidents and pollution).

That's how you see it only if you ignore the fact that people may experience joy from traveling, and believe that outweighs the risk.

Similarly, I may believe that the value of people seeing each other's facial expressions outweighs the risk.

Why is this position any less reasonable than traveling for pleasure?

This is what you need to explain.
Actually, yes people shouldn’t be traveling for pleasure either. And these measures are not permanent; they are just temporary. And they could be as temporary as just a few months. That’s it! But thanks to all of you who have this “what’s the point?” attitude, this pandemic is lasting way longer than it should have, all because people can’t do the simplest things! Pretty sad world we live in!

Old 03-18-2022, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Post 193, yea you think you answered but did not...let me help you again.
I answered you. Face masks cover the nose and mouth, which limits the spread. Face mask will block and filter the aerosols that you exhale and limit and filter the aerosols you inhale.

Old 03-18-2022, 08:25 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Actually, yes people shouldn’t be traveling for pleasure either. And these measures are not permanent; they are just temporary. And they could be as temporary as just a few months. That’s it! But thanks to all of you who have this “what’s the point?” attitude, this pandemic is lasting way longer than it should have, all because people can’t do the simplest things! Pretty sad world we live in!
Do you have proof that this would end the virus in a couple months? After all, the experts have made no such claims. Are you a virologist, doctor of infectious diseases, etc…?

Have you come up with any proof to your claims that folks that wear masks don’t get the virus?

Old 03-18-2022, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Do you have proof that this would end the virus in a couple months? After all, the experts have made no such claims. Are you a virologist, doctor of infectious diseases, etc…?

Have you come up with any proof to your claims that folks that wear masks don’t get the virus?
We would have proof if people would do it. Like I said, it’s so simple so why not give it a try? People didn’t try and that’s the problem!

Old 03-18-2022, 08:30 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
We would have proof if people would do it. Like I said, it’s so simple so why not give it a try? People didn’t try and that’s the problem!
People masked up for 2 years and it made absolutely no difference whatsoever. You are immune to data and reason, obviously trolling, so welcome to ignore.

Old 03-18-2022, 08:32 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
In other words you’re assuming, and still without science to prove your claims. Just feelings and anecdotal experiences.

Lol. People wore masks for a year+ and the virus still exists. Why didn’t it go away?

Old 03-18-2022, 08:34 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
you can be afraid all you want. i'm not.

Old 03-18-2022, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
In other words you’re assuming, and still without science to prove your claims. Just feelings and anecdotal experiences.

Lol. People wore masks for a year+ and the virus still exists. Why didn’t it go away?
Um because people didn’t do it! For 2+ years, people fought against wearing masks. It was something medical experts were telling people to do but somehow became a political debate!

Old 03-18-2022, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
People masked up for 2 years and it made absolutely no difference whatsoever. You are immune to data and reason, obviously trolling, so welcome to ignore.
Again I will repeat, it was noncompliance. No, people were not wearing masks. Many refused! Do I need to post videos and show violent hissy fits from people when they were asked to put on a mask? Because I have plenty to share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies