Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2022, 04:12 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
A crying healthy born baby attached to an umbilical cord being killed is a dramatic hypothetical. It doesn’t happen and won’t happen.
You would think they'd know that.

Old 03-23-2022, 04:13 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,040,224 times
Scientifically, human life begins at fertilization. A person is the same individual, and even has it's own unique, identifiable DNA, from zygote to embryo, to fetus, to newborn, to toddler, to teenager, to adult, to elderly. That human being is the same individual but is just in different stages of development.

The right to life is inherent. That means that it's a part of our being the moment we come into existence. The government, a group of people, a parent, or anyone else cannot vote/decide whether or not an innocent human being is entitled to the right to life. Because our rights are inherent and inalienable, the mother's right to autonomy must be balanced with the baby's inherent inalienable right to life, and that's why taking the babies life is not acceptable unless the mother's life is in immediate danger.

Abortion isn't is a reproductive rights issue. By the time abortion happens reproduction has already occurred. Nobody is suggesting that a woman should be forced to reproduce. However, nobody has the right to kill a human that has already been produced. Abortion is not a reproductive decision, it is a parenting decision.

Old 03-23-2022, 04:14 PM

187 posts, read 68,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It used to be only during the first trimester.

Now...the baby's head could possibly be showing.

I'm just waiting until the next step (post birth) is accepted with some reasoning given that it's still not "life".

You crazy right winger! You bible thumping Jesus freak! That will never happen. Remember when I use to say "Safe, Legal and Rare Abortions!" Or remember when I said "Gay people will not adopt kids, they just want to have legal partnerships......legal marriage....well yes they should adopt kids....and they should combine the two male dna into a donor female egg. We are not going to teach about LGBTQZ issues to kids, we just want to be married.....wait lets throw in a rainbow flag and teach them. We are not coming for your guns! Just semi automatics, which just happen to be almost all modern guns, especially handguns. Masks work! But we all have to wear it for it to work, if you don't wear a mask I could get covid from you even when I wear a mask. Also the vaccine is like a road block for Covid, but you need a booster, and still wear mask, and you will still get covid. Also there won't be a vaccine mandate, that is crazy.

Want more?

Right wingers, they are always wrong.....until about a decade later. But by then I forget because Hollywood and the Media told me to think about something else. Also facebook and twitter helps me by censoring certain people and topics.

Old 03-23-2022, 04:16 PM

43,111 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
A crying healthy born baby attached to an umbilical cord being killed is a dramatic hypothetical. It doesn’t happen and won’t happen.
We are not at that point yet...close though..we're at third trimester and in labor.

Old 03-23-2022, 04:20 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
We are not at that point yet...close though..we're at third trimester and in labor.
Late term abortion is not done on a healthy baby for a whim. Issues in a pregnancy is for the woman and her doctor. My opinion or yours matters not.

Old 03-23-2022, 04:21 PM

Quote:
I've yet to hear about an abortion performed on an otherwise perfectly healthy baby coming through the birth canal unless the life of the baby or mother is in jeopardy. Do you have a link?

Old 03-23-2022, 04:22 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times
Quote:
FYI late term abortion is not done for fun. They are done for extreme medical reasons. A woman’s pregnancy is no one’s business other than her and her doctor. These are unforeseen issues that develop late in pregnancy and can’t be prevented beforehand. Unless you have expert medical knowledge of her individual case you are speculating.
So you agree a woman should be able to kill a baby outside her womb if it is still attached to her with the umbilical cord? It's still her body. Serious question.

Old 03-23-2022, 04:23 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
So you agree a woman should be able to kill a baby outside her womb if it is still attached to her with the umbilical cord? It's still her body. Serious question.
You want me to answer a hypothetical that won’t happen in real life? That’s not a serious question.

Old 03-23-2022, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Have you heard of that happening? I haven't.

Old 03-23-2022, 04:26 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
...we're at third trimester and in labor.
Can you cite a single case where that has been done?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies