Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2022, 07:37 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,580,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No, I don't turn my backs on babies in America. I would wager I've done more for babies in America than almost anyone in this thread, with a few notable exceptions.

I will not harden my heart. I have great hope that there will be enough formula for our babies, given our ability to move goods around when it's important.

And infant formula is the MOST import commodity we have. The most essential.

We can do this.

But if not, oh well. At least the illegal's get fed.

Why don't you reverse your thinking and say "I have great hope there will be enough formula for people illegally here". Doesn't that make more sense?

Last edited by clutchcargo777; 05-13-2022 at 07:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2022, 07:37 AM

8,245 posts, read 3,499,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I was told this by a mother who is having trouble getting formula. She went on Amazon and scrolled down and clicked on Canada. It costs more, but you can currently have formula mailed to you from Canada Amazon. I don't know how long it will last, but I hope this information helps someone while the option is available.
Some people are now saying that they cannot do it, but I don't know if it's because they are not changing it to the Canadian site when they are trying it or if it's because Amazon changed it to where you can't do it anymore.

Old 05-13-2022, 07:40 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
No baby formula in the stores. They've overplayed their hubris. We found 2 powdered tins here on the island and overnighted it to our new grandchild 1200 miles away.

Joe and his clan are trying to destroy the United States of America's citizens. No exception for babies.
But most voters don't even have babies. Is Trump boasting what he would have done to ensure there would be no baby formula shortages? Republicans in general better get on the ball revealing what that would have done to prevent everything bad going on, such as inflation and the Ukranian War for starters. If they act clueless about what to do, then I might as well vote for 3rd parties in November.

Old 05-13-2022, 07:41 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,580,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Kind of makes sense why they want to kill babies before they are babies (to them) with abortion. What a weird flock. We want to help babies, after they can fight through the libs killing them. THEN we like them. orwellian logic.

We hate you and want to kill you until we want to care for you. Can anyone get anymore bizarro world.

This explains the woman that let out the prisoner and then offed herself when caught. Something wrong here.

Fetus' can't vote.

Old 05-13-2022, 07:44 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,968,029 times
Hey! You should have had an abortion if you can't find baby food. It's not their problem.

Old 05-13-2022, 07:49 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
What did babies drink before formula was invented? There is always colostrum milk and cow's milk.
Formula made from evaporated milk and karo syrup. Common grocery store items. You can google the recipe. Might want to add a multivitamin to that.

Old 05-13-2022, 07:51 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
There are hundreds of different brands of beer and soda but somehow there are only a few creators of baby formula????
There are a lot fewer babies than beer drinkers.

Old 05-13-2022, 07:55 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Abortion isn't killing enough babies for the liberals.
So, would you quite strongly support Republicans counter by campaigning on banning all abortion and place women in prison who get them for at least 10 years?

Old 05-13-2022, 07:59 AM

8,633 posts, read 9,142,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But most voters don't even have babies. Is Trump boasting what he would have done to ensure there would be no baby formula shortages? Republicans in general better get on the ball revealing what that would have done to prevent everything bad going on, such as inflation and the Ukranian War for starters. If they act clueless about what to do, then I might as well vote for 3rd parties in November.
Well this has been and still is the problem. The do nothing party.....A whole lot of complaining but little is said on what to do about many issues. Except for, by and large, don't vote for them, vote for us. That is why Trump was elected in the first place. I will add, there were and still are many republicans in bed with the democrat party. Make no mistake. And when a fair election is performed and the Pretender is tossed aside, there will be enemies in the winning court.

What binds these people together? China, money.

Old 05-13-2022, 08:00 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
For obvious reasons, the baby formula shortage is not due to the President. Having said that, pictures of pallets of baby formula sitting at the border for the use of illegal children certainly do not make him look favorable, in this scenario. It makes it seem as though the President cares more about those who are not supposed to be here, rather than those that are legally supposed to be here.

But the baby formula is potentially contaminated, isn't it. Would you want to feed your baby that formula and risk a serious bacterial infection?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies