Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2022, 09:03 AM

36,905 posts, read 31,177,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Because abortion takes a life and I do think that it’s a worthy goal to take some very simple and easy measures to try to prevent a pregnancy from happening. Birth control is very effective when used consistently and properly. Neither consistent nor proper use are difficult.
Ok, I get that you believe that but you are distinguishing between abortions where BC was used and abortions where BC was not used. That I dont get, just as I dont get why you are not out of your mind that all these dead babies are being flushed down the crapper or thrown out in the garbage instead of having a proper funeral and burial.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:04 AM

36,905 posts, read 31,177,593 times
Quote:
That’s your opinion and is the crux of why abortion is controversial. Not everyone agrees with your opinion.
The law agrees with that. Abortion is not considered murder and miscarriage is not considered involuntary manslaughter.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:07 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,753,935 times
Quote:
I don’t want abortion banned but do want to make it much more rare due to greater use of birth control. Medicaid does provide prenatal care to women who are poor.
Yeah, if you're poor enough to be eligible for Medicaid in states that don't offer extended Medicaid. In Texas you must have a countable household income at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level. Many rural people and Republicans feel it would be bad government policy to offer any more people Medicaid.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:09 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,850,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Ok, I get that you believe that but you are distinguishing between abortions where BC was used and abortions where BC was not used. That I dont get, just as I dont get why you are not out of your mind that all these dead babies are being flushed down the crapper or thrown out in the garbage instead of having a proper funeral and burial.
Unintended pregnancies that lead to abortion where mom and dad took measures to try to prevent the pregnancy don’t be bother me as much as unintended pregnancies where mom and dad just did nothing and then had an abortion. It’s fully in line with my desire to keep abortion legal and rare.

Sorry you’re still on this tangent with your incorrect assumptions that I don’t care about how fetuses are disposed of. For the record, I think it’s gross to dispose of human life forms as if they were trash. Does it bother you since you favor abortion and I haven’t heard you state your opinion on the matter, just made up assumptions directed at me.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
The law agrees with that. Abortion is not considered murder and miscarriage is not considered involuntary manslaughter.
The law is not always aligned with science or ethics or morals, etc. Abortion is controversial for a reason.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Yeah, if you're poor enough to be eligible for Medicaid in states that don't offer extended Medicaid. In Texas you must have a countable household income at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level. Many rural people and Republicans feel it would be bad government policy to offer any more people Medicaid.
TX has CHIP for lower income pregnant women who make too much to qualify for Medicaid. All states have income limits for Medicaid, most have programs for people who are above the limit but still lower income. We also have Obamacare which provides subsidies for lower income people so they can purchase insurance.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:16 AM

21,380 posts, read 8,016,821 times
Quote:
The law is not always aligned with science or ethics or morals, etc. Abortion is controversial for a reason.
For those that fall back on the law as the arbiter of whether abortion should be permissible...

They seem to have a different opinion when the law is challenged. Their "BUT IT'S LEGAL" argument falls apart. Then, they just want abortions, regardless if it's "legal" or not.

I don't think I've ever seen such inherent cognitive disconnect or intellectual dishonesty then that displayed in abortion debates.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:23 AM

20,148 posts, read 18,394,037 times
Quote:
Unintended pregnancies that lead to abortion where mom and dad took measures to try to prevent the pregnancy don’t be bother me as much as unintended pregnancies where mom and dad just did nothing and then had an abortion. It’s fully in line with my desire to keep abortion legal and rare.

Sorry you’re still on this tangent with your incorrect assumptions that I don’t care about how fetuses are disposed of. For the record, I think it’s gross to dispose of human life forms as if they were trash. Does it bother you since you favor abortion and I haven’t heard you state your opinion on the matter, just made up assumptions directed at me.
The, "rare" bit is nothing but marketing. 450,000-600,000 abortions per year is anything but rare.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
The, "rare" bit is nothing but marketing. 450,000-600,000 abortions per year is anything but rare.
My hope is to actually make it rare.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:54 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,753,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
A parasite causes harm to a host. Parasites release toxins into the host that make the host sick or kills them.
But the fetus also releases toxins or waste. The woman's body is able to deal with it well, but not in every case.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 04-12-2022 at 10:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies