Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2022, 11:11 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,600,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
A parasite causes harm to a host. Parasites release toxins into the host that make the host sick or kills them.

Your lack of scientific understanding is only paralleled by your lack of understanding of the Bible.

No matter how much you flail about, no matter what word salad you vomit onto C-D, a baby is a baby.

And always will be.
A fetus only becomes a baby once born, no matter how much you want to spin it otherwise. I gave the scientific and medical links, not some opinion piece by some fundamental apologist like that Slick guy.

From this study:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28712140/

Pregnancy and immune stimulation: re-imagining the fetus as parasite to understand age-related immune system changes in US women

"Conclusions: This research supports the hypothesis that maternal immune systems respond to prior pregnancies as they do to macro-parasitic exposures, and may modify the expected linear declines of IgE levels in women that accompanies aging. These finding have implications for understanding the evolution of internal gestation in mammals."

Again, science, not opinion.

Old 04-12-2022, 11:21 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
A fetus only becomes a baby once born, no matter how much you want to spin it otherwise. I gave the scientific and medical links, not some opinion piece by some fundamental apologist like that Slick guy.

From this study:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28712140/

Pregnancy and immune stimulation: re-imagining the fetus as parasite to understand age-related immune system changes in US women

"Conclusions: This research supports the hypothesis that maternal immune systems respond to prior pregnancies as they do to macro-parasitic exposures, and may modify the expected linear declines of IgE levels in women that accompanies aging. These finding have implications for understanding the evolution of internal gestation in mammals."

Again, science, not opinion.
You're banging a drum that's out of tune.

You don't even understand what that paper says. The abstract, which is all that is available per your link does not say what you think it does. Did you read the entire paper? Nope. You didn't.

Babies are not parasites. And that paper does not even remotely come to that conclusion. if you read the paper you would know that.

You truly have no idea how foolish your posts are or how stupid they are making you look. Seriously. Just stop already..

Moving on.

Old 04-12-2022, 11:30 AM

19,804 posts, read 18,110,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Did your source for those numbers also give a number for how many pregnancies there were? Or what percent of all pregnancies were aborted? We are a large country so numbers on anything will be large. It would be interesting to know the percent.

As you are clearly dissembling the percentage might be interesting to you.

The nominal truth is something important that occurs 450,000-600,000x per year is not rare.

FWIIW there are a little over 3.5 million births per year in The US. So "rare" does not work even per your attempt.

Old 04-12-2022, 11:34 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...duced-abortion

Texas. Where a corpse has more rights than a woman. And this is only the beginning. Wait till women start dying of ectopic pregnancies.
I see, so we must allow state sponsored murder of children, or else the mothers will be forced to kill their babies by themselves. Hmm, so women have not killed their babies when abortions were legal?

Old 04-12-2022, 11:51 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
As you are clearly dissembling the percentage might be interesting to you.

The nominal truth is something important that occurs 450,000-600,000x per year is not rare.

FWIIW there are a little over 3.5 million births per year in The US. So "rare" does not work even per your attempt.
Not sure what you mean by dissembling in this context. Nor do I understand your last sentence.

Is one not allowed to ask a question?

Old 04-12-2022, 12:02 PM

19,804 posts, read 18,110,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Not sure what you mean by dissembling in this context. Nor do I understand your last sentence.

Is one not allowed to ask a question?
You didn't simply ask a question.

You did pose a proportionality question I gave a partial answer...............we have about 3.6 million live births in The US per year with 450,000-600,000 abortions.

So yet again the "rare" bit is just marketing.

Not that it matters much. However, I'm pro-abortion in so much as I believe the government should have very little say in medical matters. That said I find nearly all other pro-abortion logic wantonly self serving and weak and mostly dishonest as well.

Old 04-12-2022, 12:02 PM

36,543 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Let’s be honest, we all make judgements about people, everyday.

For instance do you judge someone who crashes due to a medical emergency and kills someone in the same way you would judge a drunk driver who crashes and kills someone?

Why didnt the person with the medical emergency pull over. Its not responsible to continue to drive when you have a medical emergency.

I generally try not to judge anyone but I'm going to use the logic of a couple other posters. Why did the one who used BC not use it right. If they would have been more responsible they wouldn't have had an unplanned pregnancy.

Is the person who died at the hands of medical emergency any less dead than the one that died due to the drunk driver?
Now,
If two people became drug addicts and killed someone, one due to prescription pain killers and the other to illegal drugs would you judge them the same?

If two people had died in the car accident, one wearing a seat belt and the other not, would you judge them the same.
If two people became obese, one due to a medication and the other due to dietary choices, would you judge them differently.

Old 04-12-2022, 12:09 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Why didnt the person with the medical emergency pull over. Its not responsible to continue to drive when you have a medical emergency.

I generally try not to judge anyone but I'm going to use the logic of a couple other posters. Why did the one who used BC not use it right. If they would have been more responsible they wouldn't have had an unplanned pregnancy.

Is the person who died at the hands of medical emergency any less dead than the one that died due to the drunk driver?
Now,
If two people became drug addicts and killed someone, one due to prescription pain killers and the other to illegal drugs would you judge them the same?

If two people had died in the car accident, one wearing a seat belt and the other not, would you judge them the same.
If two people became obese, one due to a medication and the other due to dietary choices, would you judge them differently.
Sometimes people have seizures or heart attacks at the wheel and cannot pull over in time because it happens suddenly. I’m sure you know this. You just want to argue, I guess.

Old 04-12-2022, 12:09 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:

Now,

Intellectual dishonesty on major display here. Not one of your examples is equivalent.

The post was a comparing:

A person who had a medical emergency, say a heart attack, crashes a car and KILLS SOMEONE ELSE.

To a drunk driver who gets drunk, elects to drive, crashes and KILLS SOMEONE ELSE.

Old 04-12-2022, 12:32 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Thats not what it says.
That's exactly what it says. Read your own post, quoting the NIH article:

Quote:
From your link (BTW the Guttmacher link does not state that)

Contraception, unintended pregnancy, and abortion, though distinct, are interrelated. Forty-three percent of unintended pregnancies are due to inconsistent or incorrect contraceptive use, and another 52% are due to non-use (Sonfield, Hasstedt, & Gold, 2014). Many unintended pregnancies end in abortion. Specifically, 40% of unintended pregnancies, excluding miscarriages, end in abortion, and 95% of abortions result from unintended pregnancies (Finer & Zolna, 2011).
95% of abortions result from unintended pregnancies, and 95% of unintended pregnancies are caused by unprotected sex. What are you failing to understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies