Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2022, 03:47 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
link?
Here you go...

Quote:
Texas law exempts a pregnant person from being charged with murder or any lesser homicide charge for an abortion. The pregnant person is also typically excluded from lesser criminal charges if abortion laws are broken, as state laws instead target the provider.https://www.texastribune.org/2022/04...murder-charge/

Old 04-12-2022, 03:50 PM

23,648 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Here you go...
And?

Please show in your link where 'pro-life people in OK are upset because the new OK law that was signed today doesn't ban self-induced abortions'.

Old 04-12-2022, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
No one has EVER stated abortions never happened. You are arguing a point that doesn't exist.

Unless you think there were 600,000+ abortions in the US in 1928? Because some posters when they state, oh abortions occurred thousands of years ago ... what, you think the cave people spent their time aborting each others babies? Does that make sense at all???

They didn't know how to get food ... but dang nabbit they knew how to ABORT!!!! I mean, really. What idiocy.

Oh and such a misogynistic story, the man roaming around killing the babies. Weren't women horribly OFFENDED BY THAT?!?!?
Here you go

Quote:
The first recorded evidence of induced abortion is from the Egyptian Ebers Papyrus in 1550 BC.[3] A Chinese record documents the number of royal concubines who had abortions in China between the years 500 and 515 BC.[4] According to Chinese folklore, the legendary Emperor Shennong prescribed the use of mercury to induce abortions nearly 5000 years ago.continued here:

Old 04-12-2022, 03:58 PM

Quote:
And?

Please show in your link where 'pro-life people in OK are upset because the new OK law that was signed today doesn't ban self-induced abortions'.
Why are you asking me to do that?

Old 04-12-2022, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Why are you asking me to do that?
Because that was basically what I was asking for in my request for the link. Do you have a habit of quoting someone who is asking a specific person, which is not you, for a link and putting some random link in your response?

Old 04-12-2022, 04:30 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
link?
To quote part of a statement in FB from Oklahomans United For Life:

"...Unfortunately, the bill then takes a wrong turn when it exempts procuring and abetting abortions. That is, there is no criminalization of the parents, grandparents, friends, boyfriends, and pimps, who agitate, coerce, manipulate, or provide funds and material support for abortion. Furthermore, the bill specifically protects self-administered, drug-induced abortions: “This section does not: a. authorize the charging or conviction of a woman…in the death of her own unborn child, or b. prohibit the sale, use, prescription or administration of a contraceptive measure…” (many abortifacient drugs are misleadingly classified as “contraceptives”). These problems make the measure both immoral (shows favoritism, sanctions murder, and protects murderers) and unconstitutional (violates Fifth & Fourteenth Amendment guarantees of due process and equal protection of the laws)."

Old 04-12-2022, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But pro-life people there are upset because it doesn't ban self-induced abortions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
To quote part of a statement in FB from Oklahomans United For Life:

"...Unfortunately, the bill then takes a wrong turn when it exempts procuring and abetting abortions. That is, there is no criminalization of the parents, grandparents, friends, boyfriends, and pimps, who agitate, coerce, manipulate, or provide funds and material support for abortion. Furthermore, the bill specifically protects self-administered, drug-induced abortions: “This section does not: a. authorize the charging or conviction of a woman…in the death of her own unborn child, or b. prohibit the sale, use, prescription or administration of a contraceptive measure…” (many abortifacient drugs are misleadingly classified as “contraceptives”). These problems make the measure both immoral (shows favoritism, sanctions murder, and protects murderers) and unconstitutional (violates Fifth & Fourteenth Amendment guarantees of due process and equal protection of the laws)."
Thanks.

So, 1 person clicked like and 18 shared the post, at least one of those that shared it had shared it twice. On the shares, very few people had clicked the like or the share buttons. You tried to make it appear as if all pro-life people in OK were upset, instead of just an extremely small handful.

Old 04-12-2022, 05:19 PM

7,026 posts, read 4,903,157 times
Quote:
Nope. That is where you're going, in your attempt to twist my words.

"Gamble away. But do it with your life."
^Exactly this! With that comment, are you now admitting to being a hypocrite?

When people have sex, especially unprotected sex, there could always be the possibility of gambling with a life other than their own.

Personal responsibility is a thing. Sadly it seems that many think they should be able to do whatever they want without being responsible for the outcome.
I simply asked a question. An understandable one given the animosity of some people to some women but not to other women depending on how they got pregnant.

And I'm still not sure it matters. In the end, a woman is still pregnant with a baby she doesn't want. How she got there isn't something we need to debate right now. Because no matter how many women have sex without birth control or misuse their birth control, there is always going to be that one woman who uses two kinds of birth control and gets pregnant anyway.

It's that woman for whom we keep abortion legal and if other women use it for their purposes, that's their choice.

Because if you believe abortion is wrong, then you believe it's wrong, so arguing about how a woman gets pregnant makes the whole thing a moot point. If you believe abortion is wrong, it shouldn't matter one iota to you why that woman got pregnant in the first place.

As for being a hypocrite, I don't see what you mean. I don't want a baby interfering with my life, I don't want a politician interfering with my life, and I don't want you interfering with my life. If you want to call me anything, call me selfish. Under no circumstances do I want to be pregnant, give birth, or be a mother and I'll do everything necessary under the sun to prevent those things so I can preserve the life I have now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
There are 20 abortions for every 100 births.

Does that appear "rare" to you?
For 2017, the Guttmacher Institute reported 862,320 abortions, an abortion rate of 13.5 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15 to 44 years, and 18.4 abortions per 100 pregnancies ending in abortion or live birth.

Old 04-12-2022, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I simply asked a question.
yeah, sure.
Quote:
An understandable one given the animosity of some people to some women but not to other women depending on how they got pregnant.

And I'm still not sure it matters. In the end, a woman is still pregnant with a baby she doesn't want. How she got there isn't something we need to debate right now. Because no matter how many women have sex without birth control or misuse their birth control, there is always going to be that one woman who uses two kinds of birth control and gets pregnant anyway.
Why?
Quote:
It's that woman for whom we keep abortion legal and if other women use it for their purposes, that's their choice.

Because if you believe abortion is wrong, then you believe it's wrong, so arguing about how a woman gets pregnant makes the whole thing a moot point. If you believe abortion is wrong, it shouldn't matter one iota to you why that woman got pregnant in the first place.

As for being a hypocrite, I don't see what you mean. I don't want a baby interfering with my life, I don't want a politician interfering with my life, and I don't want you interfering with my life. If you want to call me anything, call me selfish. Under no circumstances do I want to be pregnant, give birth, or be a mother and I'll do everything necessary under the sun to prevent those things so I can preserve the life I have now.
You told me to 'gamble away with my own life"...meanwhile, you're intentionally ignoring that those who have abortions are gambling away with more than just their own lives.

Old 04-12-2022, 05:53 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Here you go
That has nothing to do with the point of my post.

Why are you responding to posters with random links?

Is this a new game? Ok, HERE YOU GO

https://www.seniorcatwellness.com/wh...when-it-rains/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies