Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2022, 10:08 AM

19,775 posts, read 18,055,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
and an acorn becomes an oak tree but it is not an oak tree is it.
and a fertilized chicken egg becomes a chicken 80-85% of the time, but an egg is not a chicken.

Reasonable people understand that these things have a potential to become a tree or a chicken, just as a fetus has the potential to become a child.
As I said without intervention 80-85% of the time a fetus will be born a healthy child.

Old 04-13-2022, 10:09 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
and an acorn becomes an oak tree but it is not an oak tree is it.
and a fertilized chicken egg becomes a chicken 80-85% of the time, but an egg is not a chicken.

Reasonable people understand that these things have a potential to become a tree or a chicken, just as a fetus has the potential to become a child.
Fetus means small baby.

What is a fetus, if it's not a baby? An acorn? A chicken? A pencil?

Oooooooh ... is it a diamond ring? A winning lottery ticket? Maybe I should get pregnant.

What is a fetus, if it's not a baby? ***crickets*** No answer. Just the sounds of ... Intellectual Dishonesty. Cognitive Dissonance.

Because a fetus is a baby.

Old 04-13-2022, 10:15 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Ask anyone who has ever mistakenly cracked open a fertilized egg if it's a chick.

I know someone who grabbed the wrong eggs when making egg salad. She boiled them. She was scarred for life. It's a chick. No questions about that.

Well, except for those who engage in cognitive dissonance, intellectual dishonesty and a stubborn and willful disregard for biology.
Tell me more, this egg ended up in a grocery store, she bought it and put it in the fridge, took it out put it in boiling water and when she opened the shell a baby chicken was inside? That's difficult to believe...

Old 04-13-2022, 10:17 AM

17,613 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Fetus means small baby.

Oooooooh ... is it a diamond ring? A winning lottery ticket? Maybe I should get pregnant.

What is a fetus, if it's not a baby? ***crickets*** No answer. Just the sounds of ... Intellectual Dishonesty. Cognitive Dissonance.

Pregnant women who aren't unhinged unshaven leftist sirens refer to their unborn children as their "baby," not their "fetus."

Old 04-13-2022, 10:19 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Fetus means small baby.

It’s like saying that it’s ok to kill newborns because they aren’t toddlers.

Old 04-13-2022, 10:24 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Tell me more, this egg ended up in a grocery store, she bought it and put it in the fridge, took it out put it in boiling water and when she opened the shell a baby chicken was inside? That's difficult to believe...
She had chickens.

She boiled the wrong eggs.

You needed that explained to you? Seriously?

Old 04-13-2022, 03:48 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
She had chickens.

She boiled the wrong eggs.

You needed that explained to you? Seriously?
yes because it makes absolutely no sense. Anyone who has chickens and a rooster know the difference between a fertile and an unfertile egg, especially when it's old enough to look like a chicken.

Old 04-13-2022, 04:54 PM

23,468 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
yes because it makes absolutely no sense. Anyone who has chickens and a rooster know the difference between a fertile and an unfertile egg, especially when it's old enough to look like a chicken.
Free range chickens in the yard, sometimes missing an egg a time or two, or more, happens during collections.

Old 04-13-2022, 07:16 PM

7,024 posts, read 4,887,277 times
Point is, no one would confuse the innards of an egg they're scrambling for breakfast with the innards of an egg that is hatching. Which is interesting to me, since a lot of people here sure seem to confuse a developing embryo and fetus with a born baby.

Weird, but not everyone pays attention in biology class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Lol @ you pretend to know me, how I feel, what I think. No doubt all of your rant is your own personal feelings bubbling to the surface...since they certainly aren't mine.
this is basically how I feel:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/62001126-post446.html
Well, now that you've let us know your personal feelings in THIS thread...

No one sane thinks an abortion is cheaper than raising a child. So don't pay for abortions. You can just pay through the nose for raising all those kids, since you're so rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
yep. I glossed over most of it myself.
Sure you did. That's why you gave me a link and a reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Your world is a lot darker than mine.
Maybe my world is more realistic?

Quote:
Relevant how? I already stated that no one is arguing that abortion is only a modern day atrocity. You are arguing with yourself over a point no one is disputing.
Says the woman who asked twice for proof of abortions happening way back when.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_a_grunt View Post
Your numbers regarding condoms are wrong. Male condoms are used by only 8.4% of women in childbearing years, not 100%. Using your calculation, the number of unintended pregnancies due to condom failure is under 9,000 not over 108,000.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db388.htm
Yes, thank you, I know that. I was working with numbers of condom failures. One of our posters said condom were 97% effective and apparently thought that was a good enough number to be effective as birth control. So I wanted to show what result a 3% failure to the number of births in one year actually looked like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Pregnant women who aren't unhinged unshaven leftist sirens refer to their unborn children as their "baby," not their "fetus."
I do believe we are talking about unwanted pregnancies as opposed to wanted ones.

However, if you're going to talk about fetal development and want to be taken seriously, then you need to use the correct terms. Otherwise you run the risk of looking as silly as people who confuse the common term of "theory" with the technical term of "theory" when it comes to evolution.

Old 04-13-2022, 07:53 PM

23,468 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Point is, no one would confuse the innards of an egg they're scrambling for breakfast with the innards of an egg that is hatching. Which is interesting to me, since a lot of people here sure seem to confuse a developing embryo and fetus with a born baby.

Weird, but not everyone pays attention in biology class.
And no one with a brain would confuse a fetus in the womb with a mass of tissue, or a egg yolk.

Quote:
Well, now that you've let us know your personal feelings in THIS thread...

No one sane thinks an abortion is cheaper than raising a child. So don't pay for abortions. You can just pay through the nose for raising all those kids, since you're so rich.
I've been personally responsible all of my life, it's not that hard to do truly it isn't, but if I suddenly decided to stop being personally responsible for my actions, since you seem to think people should not be responsible for their actions then surely you'll send me all of your money to support my new lifestyle, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies