Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2022, 06:44 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
More footage from your friendly communist overlords... appears to be cats, dead and alive, stuffed into sacks together in groups of 5-10, laying along the road. You are warned before clicking the link.

https://twitter.com/ArtValley818_/st...82915257692162
I saw this one before and can’t watch it agin. Horrifying. I’ve also seen videos of them killing dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2022, 06:56 AM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
It is easy for you to say-letting it RIP THROUGH THE COMMUNITY.
It’s the only way forward. They created this virus and let it rip through our communities. Now it is everywhere in the world. As soon as they allow travelers to visit there is the possibility that COVID will come with them. They aren’t going to escape this virus unless they want to completely isolate themselves from the world. Better to let this milder version of COVID rip through the community and give a lot of herd immunity. Better than starving 26 million people I’d say.

Old 04-12-2022, 06:59 AM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Omicron was milder than the prior versions but it most certainly caused an increase in hospitalizations back over the winter, mostly in the unvaccinated.
No, it caused a lot of people hospitalized with COVID as opposed to because of COVID. The death rate was still milder than other waves, even amongst the unvaccinated.

Old 04-12-2022, 07:02 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,878,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Much worse versions are coming. Lock downs will be the norm world wide clyde as millions die. Just is just the start of what's to come.
There will never be a return to "normal" as there once was with COVID. As you mentioned, there will be more variants coming, and more hysteria with that.

I will be masking for life and getting a booster as frequently as I am able.

You will never see everything as "open" as it once was.

Old 04-12-2022, 07:02 AM

8,631 posts, read 9,141,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Only going to get worse for us here. My wife works in the supply chain industry. She deals with Shanghai every morning at 5 am when she gets up. Cargo is piling up? Bad news for us. Only good news is American's will blame Biden and the Democrats. Bloodbath in November coming!!!!
What I think will happen is this administration will take lessons from China. September here in the states will impose lockdowns again just in time for November if not earlier.

Old 04-12-2022, 07:04 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
China is a victim of their own success. They suppressed covid with public health measures, and failed to adequately vaccinate older Chinese. Those who are vaccinated received vaccines which are far less durable and effective than the mRNA vaccines used in the west. So now, a highly contagious variant is spreading through a population where older individuals are not adequately protected and will likely overwhelm their health care system.

Locking down the entirety of society to protect the elderly and immune challenged when there are both vaccines and treatments that will keep the vast majority of them alive is not the right choice here. The way out of the woods for them is to get their hands on Pfizer and Moderna vaccines and get those in the arms of the people who are susceptible to serious illness.

Old 04-12-2022, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
It seems that China has learned the Japanese art of hari-kari. They're gonna totally trash their economy over this insane policy. Massive social unrest and upheaval incoming. And don't think they'll be able to quash omicron by doing this - it's just too contagious. They beat it down in one city due to brutal lockdown, and then it'll pop up elsewhere and around and round the wheel goes.

I've got my Large Coke and XL popcorn ready to go for this spectacular picture show - it's not every day that we get to see a mighty nation go bye-bye in real time.

Fun times...fun times.
I posted here on CD a couple of weeks ago about China lockdowns, and that the media is not covering it much at all. It now appears they are. What little is being reported is many people are now confronting the police in the streets and have been.

Old 04-12-2022, 07:08 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
What I think will happen is this administration will take lessons from China. September here in the states will impose lockdowns again just in time for November if not earlier.
We have never had lockdowns except perhaps two years ago in NYC. That said, we will not see any US-style "lockdowns" again unless some very virulent and vaccine resistant strain emerges. The reason is that our vulnerable population (older people) is largely vaccinated and thus protected from serious illness and anti-virals that are effective against the current strains are commonly available now.

Old 04-12-2022, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
At this point, I think it'd be for the best for the shelves to go bare. It's high time that America regains its former position of the manufacturing capital of the world. Whatever China makes for us now, we can make in the future.

In the meantime, we can get by on neighbor swaps, flea markets and thrift stores - we've got enough "stuff" just lying around to last a decade or more - plenty of time for us to get those factories built and humming.

The fall of China can't come fast enough...
At least move those chains to countries that practice the rule of law. No tyrants, communist, dictatorships...and no CIA created regimes.

Old 04-12-2022, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We have never had lockdowns except perhaps two years ago in NYC. That said, we will not see any US-style "lockdowns" again unless some very virulent and vaccine resistant strain emerges. The reason is that our vulnerable population (older people) is largely vaccinated and thus protected from serious illness and anti-virals that are effective against the current strains are commonly available now.
I hope not but I'll wager a major effort will attempt to scare people come September or earlier. They will do this by a new all improved, get it while you can, new covid strain. The reaction by the people will be similar to an old English Proverb....Fucc off....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies