Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2022, 10:45 AM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times

Advertisements

That's a guy????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2022, 11:02 AM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Unbelievable. Well actually it is not because we are living in the clown world of the Democrats and their soft on crime approach.

These Bozos shot up the Mall and injured 14 people ranging in age from 15-73. Luckily no one was killed but being shot can leave one with physical and emotional scars for life plus lasting trauma for life. Imagine you are one of the victims and now thanks to these losers you will be walking with a limp the rest of your life?

Shootings like this happen all the time and our elected will go on about gun bans etc but we seldom hear about locking up the thugs that are so willing to pull the trigger on that illegally possessed gun in a crowded Mall of all places. Why?

If Price was the victim here he still needs to answer for the illegal gun but what is happening to the 2 guys that threatened and then targeted him? Are they getting out on bail too so they can finish the job?

Old 04-18-2022, 11:05 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
If Price was the victim here he still needs to answer for the illegal gun but what is happening to the 2 guys that threatened and then targeted him? Are they getting out on bail too so they can finish the job?
Gun is legal, according to his attorney, but he did not have a CWP. The other two guys have not been found. I hope to hear more from local police on why he was released so soon. The inference is they believe his story.

Old 04-18-2022, 11:06 AM

21,937 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
NOt any crazier than trans world calling for puberty blockers for ALL kids so they can decide which sex to be for themselves.

Old 04-18-2022, 01:55 PM

Local news is announcing a second arrest. Police press conference set for 4 pm

Police to announce second arrest in Columbiana Mall shooting at news conference at 4 p.m.

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 04-18-2022 at 02:05 PM..

Old 04-18-2022, 02:24 PM

I am listening to this presser live and initially posted this as I heard it. Then I deleted it because I thought I had heard it wrong. But I actually heard it right. Columbia Chief of Polce says that Jewayne Price, who was initially released on bond from a Richland county iail, is currently in a Lexington county jail. He is facing more charges in relation to the shooting which I will link to when media posts it.

Chief Holbrook says he does not believe Price shot in self defense.

It should be noted that the mall is in a part of Columbia that is in Lexington county where most of Columbia is in Richland. I suspect that is causing some issues with jurisdiction. The second suspect was arrested either last night or early this morning. So all the outrage and handwringing seems to have been for naught. Law officials here in South Carolina were handling the case all along.

Old 04-18-2022, 02:31 PM

45,402 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I am listening to this presser live and initially posted this as I heard it. Then I deleted it because I thought I had heard it wrong. But I actually heard it right. Columbia Chief of Polce says that Jewayne Price, who was initially released on bond from a Richland county iail, is currently in a Lexington county jail. He is facing more charges in relation to the shooting which I will link to when media posts it.

Chief Holbrook says he does not believe Price shot in self defense.

It should be noted that the mall is in a part of Columbia that is in Lexington county where most of Columbia is in Richland. I suspect that is causing some issues with jurisdiction. The second suspect was arrested either last night or early this morning. So all the outrage and handwringing seems to have been for naught. Law officials here in South Carolina were handling the case all along.
No, not for naught. Wasn't he originally given the low bail and monitoring but hadn't come up with the bond yet?

And, to allay any thoughts you're special down there, the same thing is happening here in a couple Counties, people with multiple felony convictions and firearms offenses commit another one and get out, many times on a No Bail release.

Old 04-18-2022, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
No, not for naught. Wasn't he originally given the low bail and monitoring but hadn't come up with the bond yet?

And, to allay any thoughts you're special down there, the same thing is happening here in a couple Counties, people with multiple felony convictions and firearms offenses commit another one and get out, many times on a No Bail release.
As for the first sentence, I said all along I expected there was information the police had that we did not know about. He apparently was not going anywhere. As far as the second sentence, we're taking about the mall shooting first and foremost, but I will concede you post. Just look up Bowen Turner over in Orangeburg.

Meanwhile, here is information about the second arrest, 20 year old Marquise Robinson

Quote:
He is facing:

Nine counts of Assault/Assault and Battery of a High and Aggravated Nature, one count of Murder/Attempted Murder. He is also charged with one count of Unlawful Carrying of a Pistol.
Second arrest announced in Columbiana Centre shooting

Police say they know who the third man is, but have not located him yet

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 04-18-2022 at 02:52 PM..

Old 04-18-2022, 02:55 PM

10,104 posts, read 7,771,136 times
I don't understand how everyone knew to be at the mall. Sounds like it was gang related and premeditated since they were all at the mall. Why would Price go to the mall randomly with a gun? Maybe he should have stayed home and off Facebook and just blocked those guys.

He probably told them to meet him at the mall and he took his gun. Why not call the police instead if people are threatening you. He should have never had the opportunity to post low bail and return to work. That's crazy. But if mom tells the police he's really a good kid, I guess the police ought to believe mom. lol

Old 04-18-2022, 05:33 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
That's a guy????
I know, that’s exactly what I was thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies